Setup Round Robin

I am having trouble trying to figure out how in DNS Server
GUI to setup a round robin with two of my web server. Is
there any documentation on how to set this up? I can't
find anything on this.

If not can someone write the instructions on how to do
this? I can not seem to figure this out.

Tom
2 answers Last reply
More about setup round robin

    1) Enable Round robin the Advanced tab of Server Properties.
    2) Create at least two A records that will be round robin'd for each new
    query for said name.
    www.mydomain.com A 192.168.0.2
    www.mydomain.com A 192.168.0.3
    www.mydomain.com A 192.168.0.4

    --
    William Stacey, MVP

    "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am having trouble trying to figure out how in DNS Server
    > GUI to setup a round robin with two of my web server. Is
    > there any documentation on how to set this up? I can't
    > find anything on this.
    >
    > If not can someone write the instructions on how to do
    > this? I can not seem to figure this out.
    >
    > Tom
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windows.server.dns (More info?)

    T> I am having trouble trying to figure out how in DNS Server
    T> GUI to setup a round robin with two of my web server.

    That's because it isn't done in the DNS server. The division of the
    load on your content HTTP servers is entirely at the whims of the
    various HTTP clients (i.e. web browsers and proxy HTTP servers) all
    across Internet that will be accessing them.

    <URL:http://homepages.tesco.net./~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/dns-round-robin-is-useless.html>

    If you don't like the fact that you simply cannot provide load balancing
    information to those HTTP clients via the DNS, join the lobby that wants
    web browsers and proxy HTTP servers to make use of "SRV" resource records.

Robin Windows