need help- direct cable connection windows XP and windows ..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I have windows XP notebook and windows 98SE desktop computers.

i managed to see "connected" at both computers when I set windows 98SE
desktop as host and the other as guest. The host has both drives
properties set as "shared" without password requirement. I cannot see
any host folder that usually come up when I get "connected" with
non-windows XP computer. How can I transfer files from my windows XP
notebook computer to the win 98SE desktop computer after "connected".

In other hand, i try to connect the desktop as guest and notebook as
host but the "incoming connections" thing at the windows XP is really
baffling to me.

3rd question, can I set up both computers to connect to Internet by
direct cable connections?

bar

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

If the direct cable connection is working, then with the XP machine connected
to the internet via dial-up or cable modem, use it to share it's internet
connection with the 98 machine.

The network setp wizard will take you through the steps to get this working.

Use the XP machine to setup the direct cable connection first, to link to
the second 98 system: again do this using network setup wizard: just to be
sure this side of this is operating correctly.

"peacelife" wrote:

> I have windows XP notebook and windows 98SE desktop computers.
>
> i managed to see "connected" at both computers when I set windows 98SE
> desktop as host and the other as guest. The host has both drives
> properties set as "shared" without password requirement. I cannot see
> any host folder that usually come up when I get "connected" with
> non-windows XP computer. How can I transfer files from my windows XP
> notebook computer to the win 98SE desktop computer after "connected".
>
> In other hand, i try to connect the desktop as guest and notebook as
> host but the "incoming connections" thing at the windows XP is really
> baffling to me.
>
> 3rd question, can I set up both computers to connect to Internet by
> direct cable connections?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Can you use the Briefcase on your laptop?

--
What's another word for synonym?