Where can I get a case that looks like this?

shaba230

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
VGCRC310G.jpg

I want a case that is nice and simple like that one but MOST IMPORTANTLY be "active". By this I mean I don't want to open up some panel and then see my CD/DVD drives...I want the cover to be like that one where the button and everything is on the outside.

Is there a such thing? I was at the store and just in complete awe at how nice that sony case looked (minus the fact that it was two tone, I personally would love to see it all black). It was sort of like a mesh aluminum case.

Thanks in advance.

shaba230

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
Yea i checked out those lain li ones, they are really overpriced. I mean here is how I look at it....sony is putting these cases with their regular desktops, i mean i dont see it costing sony more than 20 bucks their cost for this case....so I can understand me paying 100 for it cause i'm just a consumer, but come on these 200+ cases are just crazy overpriced when I just want some basic airflow and a nice look.

P.S. that lian li cases dont have the bezels that will attach to my drive to make all my drives look uniform...thats something iwas really lookin for.

shaba230

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
well the girl isn't feeling any of the lain li cases, she loves that sony just like i do. anyone have any other ideas please??

fatcat

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2005
The thermaltake Matrix could fit the bill as well, just don't pick it with the side glass panel. It's pretty good case with a pretty straight forward design.

shaba230

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
i appreciate your help, but i really don't think either of those look half as good as that sony...and i checked the thermaltake site and i can't get custom bezels.