or, better...

pauldh

Illustrious
Or faster; 2007 Shelby GT500 in stock at local dealer. Saw it today. Nice red/white one like my pic. But they want 20K over list. $65K, no tankU :roll:

500HP = Good.

:?: BTW was this supposed to be a new topic.

Dshazz

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2006
Or faster; 2007 Shelby GT500 in stock at local dealer. Saw it today. Nice red/white one like my pic. But they want 20K over list. $65K, no tankU

Not to hijack this thread (is that possible with this one?), but yeah, they want a bundle for that Shelby.

<- GT owner here. :)

pauldh

Illustrious
Give me a 505HP Z06 over a Mustang any day of the week.
As much as I am nuts for the GT500, I totally agree and told the Dealer the same thing. AT 45K that is a nice car. At 65K it's got to compete with a Z06. If I had that kind of cash to spend on a weekend car, it would go toward the Z06. Problem is with having small kids, the GT500 would be nicer to own. For fun I'd like to see a head to head test of the two. Know of any?

But, It's not your average Mustang ya know.
burnoutct5.jpg

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
As much as I am nuts for the GT500, I totally agree and told the Dealer the same thing. AT 45K that is a nice car. At 65K it's got to compete with a Z06. If I had that kind of cash to spend on a weekend car, it would go toward the Z06. Problem is with having small kids, the GT500 would be nicer to own. For fun I'd like to see a head to head test of the two. Know of any?

burnoutct5.jpg

Pfff, who like cars?
They are noisy and they dont perform that well in the low-range. And they need Water-Cooling!

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006

burnoutct5.jpg

Pfff, who like cars?
They are noisy and they dont perform that well in the low-range. And they need Water-Cooling!

You can obviously tell he is under 16 and/or takes the city bus to work.

cleeve

Illustrious
Z06 vs. Shelby?

I'd have a hard time with that one. It's almost like choosing between apples and oranges.

For performance I'd go with the Vette, but for nostalgic fun I'd go with the Shelby.

pauldh

Illustrious
I must have spent 5 minutes just walking around that car staring at it from all angles. I ran the idea by my wife of making them an offer for it, lets just say she isn't feeling the SHelby nostalgia; if I come home with it, I better buy a long comfy couch to sleep on. At least that's my interpretation of "hope the seats are comfy, if you buy it you'll be sleeping in it". :evil:

Problem is with having small kids, the GT500 would be nicer to own.

*cough* Charger *cough* 4-door *cough* :mrgreen:

MMMmm practical, especially if you need some extra leg-room for the blankets and pillow. 8)

A while back I used to know a site that kept the quarter mile stats for all the cars on their track in the US (there was a huge selection, even a bunch of different Venoms), but for the life of me I forget where it is (been about 2 years since I looked at it).

pauldh

Illustrious
425HP hemi in the charger is nice; and it's not a bad looking car. The challenger concept is alot nicer looking though. Funny thing is, today I was reading a charger brochure at the Chrysler/Dodge dealer, while I waited for an oil change in the T&C minivan. :oops: :cry:

joefriday

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
Those Shelbys are nice, but I've always been a sucker for the Fox/SN-95 bodies. My favorite late model would have to be the 2003-2004 Cobras. My real passion is with the T-birds though. I'd kill for a brand new 1988 Turbo Coupe.

3875kevscar9-med.jpg

Too sexy.

Problem is with having small kids, the GT500 would be nicer to own.

*cough* Charger *cough* 4-door *cough* :mrgreen:

MMMmm practical, especially if you need some extra leg-room for the blankets and pillow. 8)

A while back I used to know a site that kept the quarter mile stats for all the cars on their track in the US (there was a huge selection, even a bunch of different Venoms), but for the life of me I forget where it is (been about 2 years since I looked at it).

Few weeks back I was in Portland and Hertz was out of mid size cars and the dude pointed towards a new black and gold Shebly and a white Charger Hemi that were sitting side by side and said, "you can have either one of those if you want for $15 bucks more a day. It was a tough decision, but I just had to drive that Hemi Charger. Had it for a whole week. Holy **** that thing was a blast to drive. And let no one tell you different, it was fast! Just touching the gas at even 70 was like a jolt. The throttle response and sound of that engine was amazing, and the smoke rolling off both back tires at a stoplight was pretty fun too......

pauldh

Illustrious
That would have been a dream for me. It Couldn't be a Shelby at a rental shop, they are rare. Matter of fact, only SVT dealers can get them, our local one was limited to just 3 and two sold as preorders. maybe it was the 330HP Mustang rental car? Man, I'd have taken that one for sure, nothing against the charger though.

pauldh

Illustrious
Turbo coupes were nice looking. I didn't care for the turbo 4 though. I liked the looks and growl of a 5.0L V8 of the Lincoln Mark VII's better. Both nice styling though. I had a 1990 Mark VII LSC for 13 years; absolutely loved that car; a real pleasure daily ride. At 138K miles still ran strong as could be. The drivetrain was bulletproof in those cars. But the Power windows & door locks started to go in it and I was rarely using it, so i sadly said goodbye before the climate control, power sunroof, or something else expensive went bad.

That would have been a dream for me. It Couldn't be a Shelby at a rental shop, they are rare. Matter of fact, only SVT dealers can get them, our local one was limited to just 3 and two sold as preorders. maybe it was the 330HP Mustang rental car? Man, I'd have taken that one for sure, nothing against the charger though.

I dunno, maybe it was the GT? I swear the guy said "take your pick, Shelby or Hemi" I was equally amazed that they even had a Hemi Charger. Anyway, it sure was a fun week!