The "run" program in the start menu

When I go into "run," the box that usually gives me several options in the
"open" box is just blank. Normally the "msconfigure" file would pop up and I
would click on it and go to start up. I'm trying to change the programs that
start up automatically when I turn on the computer. But the whole startup
file seems to have disappeared, and I've searched and nothing is showing up.
It's so weird, I've never had this problem before. Thanks for your help.
--
ceadams
2 answers Last reply

    Hello Cindy,
    Could it be you have used some sort of "cleanout" program recently? Some can
    delete the Run history if configured to do so (eg. System Secutity Suite).
    Have you tried simply re-typing msconfig in the Open box?

    Colin.

    "Cindy A" wrote:

    > When I go into "run," the box that usually gives me several options in the
    > "open" box is just blank. Normally the "msconfigure" file would pop up and I
    > would click on it and go to start up. I'm trying to change the programs that
    > start up automatically when I turn on the computer. But the whole startup
    > file seems to have disappeared, and I've searched and nothing is showing up.
    > It's so weird, I've never had this problem before. Thanks for your help.
    > --
    > ceadams

    Hi,

    So type in msconfig (not msconfigure).

    Sounds to me like you hit the "clear documents" button. This clears many of
    the autocomplete fields.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Cindy A" <CindyA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I go into "run," the box that usually gives me several options in the
    > "open" box is just blank. Normally the "msconfigure" file would pop up and
    > would click on it and go to start up. I'm trying to change the programs
    > that
    > start up automatically when I turn on the computer. But the whole startup
    > file seems to have disappeared, and I've searched and nothing is showing
    > up.
    > It's so weird, I've never had this problem before. Thanks for your help.
    > --
    > ceadams

Start Menu Microsoft Windows XP