Domain Name System Suffix Does Not Match Domain Name

Joe

Hi.

Got this problem:Domain Name System Suffix Does Not Match
Domain Name.(server IS NOT A DC, so, Microsoft Knowledge
Base Article - 257623 does not apply in this case, i
think):

I was having problems with the server and after do a
research i found that the "primary DNS suffix of this
computer" was not the same DNS Domain Name (somebody
changed by mistake, i don't know). I changed back, but
after reboot, the FQDN is still wrong. Let's say:

Old or Bad Primary DNS suffix: wrong.com
New/correct Suffix: right.com (after made the change)

But in Network Identification, full computer name is:
server.wrong.com ...it should be .... server.right.com

Any ideas? TC/IP DNS Setting are ok. I mean, suffixes and
DNS IP addresses.

In news:baa601c48940$f4851090$a401280a@phx.gbl,
Joe <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> made a post then I commented below
> Hi.
>
> Got this problem:Domain Name System Suffix Does Not Match
> Domain Name.(server IS NOT A DC, so, Microsoft Knowledge
> Base Article - 257623 does not apply in this case, i
> think):
>
> I was having problems with the server and after do a
> research i found that the "primary DNS suffix of this
> computer" was not the same DNS Domain Name (somebody
> changed by mistake, i don't know). I changed back, but
> after reboot, the FQDN is still wrong. Let's say:
>
> Old or Bad Primary DNS suffix: wrong.com
> New/correct Suffix: right.com (after made the change)
>
> But in Network Identification, full computer name is:
> server.wrong.com ...it should be .... server.right.com
>
> Any ideas? TC/IP DNS Setting are ok. I mean, suffixes and
> DNS IP addresses.

Hi Joe,

Did you change it in the Network Identification tab? Or if not, where did
you change it? You can change it in that tab, however, if the checkbox is
checked to allow change the suffix when changing what domain it is joined
to, it will take on the domain name the machine is joined to automatically.
If it is not joined to a domain, it will take whatever you give it in that
box.

Let us know if that helped.

--
Regards,