Help please! mobo gfx card question

joshuahh

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
I just bought a nvidia based bored and I was looking at buying a ATI card and the I recommended to buy a Nvidia card because of the chip base on the board. I have never thought about this before is there any truth to it? I have Abit KN8sli

joshuahh

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Thanks and I pretty much assumed it was bs I have been building my own comps for a couple year's now but I pretty much know what I need to know. Don't trust my self to OC anything but the gfx card and etc.. Well anyways thanks for the quick responce. Really just have to decide not to hold to out for directx10 cards or not :

kaotao

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006
No truth to that. The only time you'll run into problems is with dual GPU configurations, when you try to run crossfire on an Nvidia mobo, and SLI on an ATI mobo.

ikjadoon

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
No truth to that. The only time you'll run into problems is with dual GPU configurations, when you try to run crossfire on an Nvidia mobo, and SLI on an ATI mobo.

I think you meant to say Cross-Fire in a SLi motherboard or SLi in a Cross-Fire motherboard, but I think you said that. Just clearing it up.

Even then there are some hacks, though they are very difficult, to allow that...

~Ibrahim~