W2K3 + Public/Private addressing

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
August 24, 2004 9:14:37 AM

All...our isp is pointing our domain name to our firewall
and we simply point our firewall to the relevant internal
private addressed servers [domain.local]. Question - how
do we translate an external address so the internal
servers can be seen from the internet?

any help appreciated :)
Anonymous
August 24, 2004 12:24:32 PM

Joe wrote:
> All...our isp is pointing our domain name to our firewall
> and we simply point our firewall to the relevant internal
> private addressed servers [domain.local]. Question - how
> do we translate an external address so the internal
> servers can be seen from the internet?

Who hosts your domain's public DNS? Your ISP? Ask them to set up an A
record(s) for your public IP(s) (whatnot.mydomain.com) and open up the
requisite ports in your firewall to the appropriate private IP(s).

> any help appreciated :)
Anonymous
August 25, 2004 7:43:12 PM

J> All...our isp is pointing our domain name to our firewall
J> and we simply point our firewall to the relevant internal
J> private addressed servers [domain.local]. Question - how
J> do we translate an external address so the internal
J> servers can be seen from the internet?

In the manner that your first sentence describes. You say that you've
set up NAT port forwarding, and then ask how you do what NAT port
forwarding achieves. What is your *real* question?
Anonymous
August 25, 2004 7:43:12 PM

J> All...our isp is pointing our domain name to our firewall
J> and we simply point our firewall to the relevant internal
J> private addressed servers [domain.local]. Question - how
J> do we translate an external address so the internal
J> servers can be seen from the internet?

L> Who hosts your domain's public DNS? Your ISP? Ask them to set up
L> an A record(s) for your public IP(s) (whatnot.mydomain.com)

J> our isp is pointing our domain name to our firewall

L> and open up the requisite ports in your firewall to the
L> appropriate private IP(s).

J> we simply point our firewall to the relevant internal
J> private addressed servers

(-:
!