Sedako

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
I was wondering if anyone with an Asus P5W DH Deluxe knows how long of and SLI bridge I'll need for the board. I don't have the board yet but I don't really feel like waiting around for the supposedly inferior Nforce 590's. Thanks.

Sedako

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
asus should ship a bridge with the mobo.
well not should but will.

i have the a8n32sli deluxe and it came with a rigid bridge
and a longer flexiable one

Even if the board doesn't officially support SLI? Interesting.

Not necessarily.

This is an Intel chipset, and originally didn't support SLi, and wouldn't be coming with a Bridge (they were intended primarily to be Xfire boards).

If nV doesn't work out a deal with Intel to provide them I doubt there'll be any.

Sedako, I suggest either you wait until you know for sure, or you get the longest flexible bridge you can (which are made for this very situation.

That's a big gap (PCI + PCIe) between the two, and likely would be a similar distance to that of the DFI board with the 2 PCIe in between, but really I'd say go long flexible (better too long than too short) or wait.

I think we have to wait for the R600/G80 launch before things get really exciting. I'd comment more, but don't want to hijack the thread in case someone knows the exact bridge needed for Sedako.

Needless to say, this fall will be interesting.

Sedako

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
That's a big gap (PCI + PCIe) between the two, and likely would be a similar distance to that of the DFI board with the 2 PCIe in between, but really I'd say go long flexible (better too long than too short) or wait.

Yeah, thats what i assumed. Would anyone happen to have a measurement between the two PCI-e slots on this board so I can be sure?

sirheck

Splendid
Feb 24, 2006
mr. ape, cool thanks man

sedako you could buy a high end single card.
and wait to see what if any patches or updates are available in the future

if you havent already purchased a sli or xfire card setup?

Sedako

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
mr. ape, cool thanks man

sedako you could buy a high end single card.
and wait to see what if any patches or updates are available in the future

if you havent already purchased a sli or xfire card setup?

Well, I already had a single 7900GT, and didn't really want to resell it and buy a higher card, so I decided to go SLI. Currently i just need the processor (E6600) and SLI mobo.