Event id 1000 source = Userenv errors

I am getting the Event Log errors with the following info:
Event id = 1000
Source = userenv
Description = Windows cannot obtain the domain controller
name for your computer network. Return value (59).
Frequency = every 5-6 minutes
Server = DNS and AD DC

Any ideas why I might be getting these errors? This
server was recently moved to a VMWare Esx 2.1 server and
exists as a virtual machine but the configuration was not
changed.

Raheel
1 answer Last reply
More about event 1000 source userenv errors

    In news:cee501c48abf$102d3000$a501280a@phx.gbl,
    Raheel <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> made a post then I commented
    below
    > I am getting the Event Log errors with the following info:
    > Event id = 1000
    > Source = userenv
    > Description = Windows cannot obtain the domain controller
    > name for your computer network. Return value (59).
    > Frequency = every 5-6 minutes
    > Server = DNS and AD DC
    >
    > Any ideas why I might be getting these errors? This
    > server was recently moved to a VMWare Esx 2.1 server and
    > exists as a virtual machine but the configuration was not
    > changed.
    >
    > Raheel

    That errors is indicative of DNS lookup errors. THe error, as it states in
    your post, is:
    Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network.
    Return value (59).

    So its; saying it cannot find your DC name in DNS. Make sure in your virtual
    machines that you have comnplete unabridged access to the DNS servers
    hosting the AD zone and that you are only using those servers for all
    machines in the domain.

    --
    Regards,
    Ace