  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
August 25, 2004 1:17:48 PM

I am getting the Event Log errors with the following info:
Event id = 1000
Source = userenv
Description = Windows cannot obtain the domain controller
name for your computer network. Return value (59).
Frequency = every 5-6 minutes
Server = DNS and AD DC

Any ideas why I might be getting these errors? This
server was recently moved to a VMWare Esx 2.1 server and
exists as a virtual machine but the configuration was not
changed.

Raheel

More about : event 1000 source userenv errors

Anonymous
September 6, 2004 7:12:36 PM

In news:cee501c48abf$102d3000$a501280a@phx.gbl,
Raheel <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> made a post then I commented
below
> I am getting the Event Log errors with the following info:
> Event id = 1000
> Source = userenv
> Description = Windows cannot obtain the domain controller
> name for your computer network. Return value (59).
> Frequency = every 5-6 minutes
> Server = DNS and AD DC
>
> Any ideas why I might be getting these errors? This
> server was recently moved to a VMWare Esx 2.1 server and
> exists as a virtual machine but the configuration was not
> changed.
>
> Raheel

That errors is indicative of DNS lookup errors. THe error, as it states in
your post, is:
Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network.
Return value (59).

So its; saying it cannot find your DC name in DNS. Make sure in your virtual
machines that you have comnplete unabridged access to the DNS servers
hosting the AD zone and that you are only using those servers for all
machines in the domain.

--
Regards,
Ace