Possible to take heatsink off A8NPREMIUM and put on deluxe?

quantsini

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Hello,
I am wondering if it's possible to buy the heatpipe/heatsink for the chipset on the A8N-SLI premium and put it on the deluxe? It seems the layout for the deluxe and premium are the same, except for the card selector. My chipset fan seems to be working, however it sounds like an undead cat trying to scratch the case. Or should I just toss the deluxe, and buy a brand new premium?

Thanks, in advance, for all your suggestions.

dokk

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2006
Hello,
I am wondering if it's possible to buy the heatpipe/heatsink for the chipset on the A8N-SLI premium and put it on the deluxe? It seems the layout for the deluxe and premium are the same, except for the card selector. My chipset fan seems to be working, however it sounds like an undead cat trying to scratch the case. Or should I just toss the deluxe, and buy a brand new premium?

You can IF you want to,,,BUT there are aftermarket products that will do the same thing and not foul up two chpisets,just remember your artic silver..
g'luck..:))

quantsini

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Hello,

You can IF you want to,,,BUT there are aftermarket products that will do the same thing and not foul up two chpisets,just remember your artic silver..
g'luck..:))

Thanks for the reply. The reason why I wouldn't go for an aftermarket cooler is becuase double slot video cards would not fit, hence passive aftermarket cooling wouldn't work. However, I'd like to have it quiet, passive, and the premium heatsink does the job.

halcyon

Splendid
I don't know where you'd be able to buy the Premium's heatpipe, I doubt Asus would sell it to you. Maybe you can find someone with a dead Premium that will sell it to you for next to nothing?? 8O

TRENDING THREADS