DNS Forwarder

I have just promoted my server to a dc using dcpromo. DNS wasn't set up
prior to the promotion but was installed during. When I go into DNS, the
enable forwarded check box is greyed out. As I need to enabled forwarding,
I need to get around this?

Thanks

You need to delete the "." (dot) forward lookup zone that is created by
default. You may have to close and reopen the DNS snapin for the change to
take effect.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

"Scooby" <Private> wrote in message
> I have just promoted my server to a dc using dcpromo. DNS wasn't set up
> prior to the promotion but was installed during. When I go into DNS, the
> enable forwarded check box is greyed out. As I need to enabled
forwarding,
> I need to get around this?
>
> Thanks

thanks that did it?