Automatic Updates

October 18, 2004 11:04:55 AM

I'd let to set my computer to notify me of automatic updates for Windows XP
but I don't want to automatically install them. I prefer to make the
choice myself. Can I set my computer to prompt me for the updates but not
install them until I check them out. Thanks.

More about : automatic updates

Anonymous
October 18, 2004 5:26:10 PM

Yes... Control Panel, Automatic Updates

"Karen F" <jakeyboy@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> I'd let to set my computer to notify me of automatic updates for Windows
> XP but I don't want to automatically install them. I prefer to make the
> choice myself. Can I set my computer to prompt me for the updates but
> not install them until I check them out. Thanks.

Anonymous
October 18, 2004 6:28:14 PM

Yes... Control Panel, Automatic Updates

"Karen F" <jakeyboy@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> I'd let to set my computer to notify me of automatic updates for Windows
> XP but I don't want to automatically install them. I prefer to make the
> choice myself. Can I set my computer to prompt me for the updates but
> not install them until I check them out. Thanks.

Anonymous
October 19, 2004 1:43:38 AM

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];306525
HOW TO: Configure and Use Automatic Updates in Windows XP

!