I'd let to set my computer to notify me of automatic updates for Windows XP
but I don't want to automatically install them. I prefer to make the
choice myself. Can I set my computer to prompt me for the updates but not
install them until I check them out. Thanks.

Yes... Control Panel, Automatic Updates

"Karen F" <jakeyboy@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> I'd let to set my computer to notify me of automatic updates for Windows
> XP but I don't want to automatically install them. I prefer to make the
> choice myself. Can I set my computer to prompt me for the updates but
> not install them until I check them out. Thanks.

Yes... Control Panel, Automatic Updates

"Karen F" <jakeyboy@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> I'd let to set my computer to notify me of automatic updates for Windows
> XP but I don't want to automatically install them. I prefer to make the
> choice myself. Can I set my computer to prompt me for the updates but
> not install them until I check them out. Thanks.

;306525]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];306525
HOW TO: Configure and Use Automatic Updates in Windows XP