Automatic Updates

I'd let to set my computer to notify me of automatic updates for Windows XP
but I don't want to automatically install them. I prefer to make the
choice myself. Can I set my computer to prompt me for the updates but not
install them until I check them out. Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about automatic updates

    Yes... Control Panel, Automatic Updates

    "Karen F" <jakeyboy@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
    > I'd let to set my computer to notify me of automatic updates for Windows
    > XP but I don't want to automatically install them. I prefer to make the
    > choice myself. Can I set my computer to prompt me for the updates but
    > not install them until I check them out. Thanks.

    Yes... Control Panel, Automatic Updates

    "Karen F" <jakeyboy@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
    > I'd let to set my computer to notify me of automatic updates for Windows
    > XP but I don't want to automatically install them. I prefer to make the
    > choice myself. Can I set my computer to prompt me for the updates but
    > not install them until I check them out. Thanks.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];306525
    HOW TO: Configure and Use Automatic Updates in Windows XP

    "Karen F" <jakeyboy@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
    > I'd let to set my computer to notify me of automatic updates for Windows XP but I
    > don't want to automatically install them. I prefer to make the choice myself.
    > Can I set my computer to prompt me for the updates but not install them until I
    > check them out. Thanks.

Computers Microsoft Windows XP