Sign in with
Your question

Razer Copperhead Drivers Crash System

Last response: in Systems
August 15, 2006 3:10:47 AM

I am certain that my Razer Copperhead drivers are causing a blue screen crash/error. The drivers never detect the mouse but claim installation was successful. Then when windows loads and I don't see the razer tray icon in the bottom right hand corner, I know it is just a matter of minutes before the system blue screens. I safe mode it, and uninstall razer drivers and then everything is fine.

This occured not only on my new custom built system, but also my old Dell. Has anyone experienced this problem and is there a way to get them to work? Mouse firmware is the latest firmware.

Thanks, Blackstone.
August 15, 2006 5:02:12 AM

I'm not familiar with that model of mouse, but is there any particular reason you are installing drivers for your mouse (eg. extra button functionality or something).

Drivers are definitely one of those "if aint broke don't fix it" kinds of things.
August 15, 2006 11:48:53 AM

Have you taken a look at www.razerzone.com in their support section? Maybe there is a patch or driver update that you can use to fix your problem.
August 15, 2006 3:28:11 PM

Quote:
I am certain that my Razer Copperhead drivers are causing a blue screen crash/error. The drivers never detect the mouse but claim installation was successful. Then when windows loads and I don't see the razer tray icon in the bottom right hand corner, I know it is just a matter of minutes before the system blue screens. I safe mode it, and uninstall razer drivers and then everything is fine.

This occured not only on my new custom built system, but also my old Dell. Has anyone experienced this problem and is there a way to get them to work? Mouse firmware is the latest firmware.

Thanks, Blackstone.

Sounds like faulty driver. Try downloading the driver from their website. Not familar with Razer mice, so i do not know the site. Google can help you :D 
!