So much for Sharikous theory

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/08/15/dell_laptopbattery_recall/

Austin (TX) - After several reports of self-combusting laptops, Dell is recalling millions of lithium-ion batteries. More than 4.1 million batteries for the Dell Latitude, Inspiron and Precision notebooks are being recalled. The batteries were made by Sony and were sold between April 2004 and July 18, 2006.

There have been several recent reports of Dell laptops bursting into fire. Just a few weeks ago, one of our forum readers posted up his story of a coworker's laptop bursting into flame. Another Dell laptop caught on fire during a conference in Osaka Japan back in June. No injuries have been reported in the blazes.

Dell will officially announce the recall tomorrow and customers will be able to sign up for replacement batteries.

Someone should forward this to Sharikabob, as he was soooo sure it was the Intel CPUs "exploding"

ryokinshin

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
he was a noob moron, amd fanboy anyways, let him live in ignorance. his head would explode if he read this.."OMG IM RONG, INTEL PROCS DONT SUCK..OMMMMGGG"

okstatefan

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2006

Dell will officially announce the recall tomorrow and customers will be able to sign up for replacement batteries.

I wonder if they are replacing the laptops that went up in flames, or sending those folks a battery that they can use in their future Dell purchase.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

I wonder if they are replacing the laptops that went up in flames, or sending those folks a battery that they can use in their future Dell purchase.

Dunno, article didnt mention. I would hope they do, at least out of good faith towards their customers.

Peace

ryokinshin

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
hopefully they send them? i remember a kyocera cellphone that had overheating batt problems, when they mailed me a new one i was lik wtf, this could hav blew up

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
hopefully they send them? i remember a kyocera cellphone that had overheating batt problems, when they mailed me a new one i was lik wtf, this this could hav blew up

Yeah, companies tend to fear things that can cause liability lawsuits to leveled against them.

Peace

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Austin (TX) - After several reports of self-combusting laptops, Dell is recalling millions of lithium-ion batteries. More than 4.1 million batteries for the Dell Latitude, Inspiron and Precision notebooks are being recalled. The batteries were made by Sony and were sold between April 2004 and July 18, 2006.

There have been several recent reports of Dell laptops bursting into fire. Just a few weeks ago, one of our forum readers posted up his story of a coworker's laptop bursting into flame. Another Dell laptop caught on fire during a conference in Osaka Japan back in June. No injuries have been reported in the blazes.

Someone should forward this to Sharikabob, as he was soooo sure it was the Intel CPUs "exploding"

How dare you call out Baron's and 9-inches supreme poobahhh on the facts. Shame, shame I say ... oh, oops shame on shirakiboobooob. :lol: :wink:

Consider me properly chastised :oops:

Peace :wink:

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

Because of "tricks" for power conservation, it could be possible that throttling of the CPU could cause an overvolt condition that in turn causes the phase differential to flux and cause a feedback that mixes minute particles in the conductance circuit.

JUST KIDDING. :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006

How dare you call out Baron's and 9-inches supreme poobahhh on the facts. Shame, shame I say ... oh, oops shame on shirakiboobooob. :lol: :wink:What are the odds that this will cause Sharikoo to recant his statement about Intel going bankrupt, now?.....1:1,000,000,000. :?

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Because of "tricks" for power conservation, it could be possible that throttling of the CPU could cause an overvolt condition that in turn causes the phase differential to flux and cause a feedback that mixes minute particles in the conductance circuit.

JUST KIDDING. :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

You almost caught me. I was already clicking the "quote" button to explain (again) the problems inherent to Li batteries as I saw the "Just kidding" line.

Almost.

Keep at it. I am far from perfect and if you keep trying, you will catch me :wink:

For the moment.. Peace

jvrobert

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2004
I'm 90% convinced he is just a social experiment. Some guy yanking peoples' chains to see how far he can go.

Either that, or he's simply a liar who makes stuff up and never goes back to admit he was 100% wrong. Usual rabble rouser tactics.

In either case, the best policy is to ignore it. You'll get the occasional "I know he's full of it but he sometimes posts good info". No. He _never_ posts good info. It's all lies, half-truths, or ridiculous theories that are proved wrong time and time again.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

How dare you call out Baron's and 9-inches supreme poobahhh on the facts. Shame, shame I say ... oh, oops shame on shirakiboobooob. :lol: :wink:What are the odds that this will cause Sharikoo to recant his statement about Intel going bankrupt, now?.....1:1,000,000,000. :?

He'll probably just find some method of contorting the facts in such a way as to blame Intels processors for causing the batteries to be faulty. Then he'll conclude by saying this will accelerate Intels decline into bankruptcy

Peace

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
I'm 90% convinced he is just a social experiment. Some guy yanking peoples' chains to see how far he can go.

Either that, or he's simply a liar who makes stuff up and never goes back to admit he was 100% wrong. Usual rabble rouser tactics.

In either case, the best policy is to ignore it. You'll get the occasional "I know he's full of it but he sometimes posts good info". No. He _never_ posts good info. It's all lies, half-truths, or ridiculous theories that are proved wrong time and time again.

Ahh, but it is so fun to toy with such an individual

Legenic

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006

the problem with him is that some poor unknowledgable person is going to read his trash and make a purchase without all the facts, potentially wasting some money on a "second best" purchase because this "expert" with a "phd" said that intel is "crap" and AMD is "king".

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

the problem with him is that some poor unknowledgable person is going to read his trash and make a purchase without all the facts, potentially wasting some money on a "second best" purchase because this "expert" with a "phd" said that intel is "crap" and AMD is "king".

Allow me to appologize to Spud, as I can think of no better response than his, and as such must use it.

Word

m0rk

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2005

Shakira is a dumbass noobf*ck.. I mailed him several weeks ago and asked why he didnt allow my post wich actually showed 10-15 independt reviews on Woodcrest beating the floor wih his preacious Opteron.. He still hasnt responded

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006

Shakira is a dumbass noobf*ck.. I mailed him several weeks ago and asked why he didnt allow my post wich actually showed 10-15 independt reviews on Woodcrest beating the floor wih his preacious Opteron.. He still hasnt respondedHe's probably still trying to duplicate the review sites' results...with his own Woodcrest. :wink: :D

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
I can't believe this. This is Intel's doing. They paid off Dell to say it was the batteries.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Look who grew a sence of humor :lol:

Peace

I gave him the spare i had hidden in my closet for emergency use. :wink:

:lol: :lol:

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I told my sister about it when I frist seen it. Her and her Husband did not beleave me. Now a few weeks later. There going to dell to get a new battery.

Dell The lamest company out there.

Caboose-1

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
I can't believe this. This is Intel's doing. They paid off Dell to say it was the batteries.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

PeaceI have a sense of humor. You just aren't funny. :twisted:

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

PeaceI have a sense of humor. You just aren't funny. :twisted:

Ahhh, but I never claimed to be funny