Black spots when playing cs or NS

tvfreak

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
I know the subject sucks but I couldn't think of anything else to say. Everytime I play CS or NS especially I always get black spots. In CS when I play the map aztec, in the rain i see balck spots. What is causing this? THe driver that I have for my 7800gt is like 91.25 I think. Never had happen to me before. Any ideas?

Slava

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2002
Describe the black spots. Are they evenly distributed on the screen? Are they about the same size? OR are they popping up here and there, vary in size and look more like black squares rather than "spots"? Have you tried any games other than the ones you listed? Any other 3D applications (like run 3DMark and Aquamark and see if the problem can be replicated)? Is the problem universal or specific to these two games you mentined?

Damn, man ... brevity is nice, but you need to give more details.

sailer

Splendid
The two most likely causes are a driver problem or a bad video card. Get the latest driver (91.33) and see if that helps. Other than that, as Slava wrote, give more information.

I know the subject sucks but I couldn't think of anything else to say. Everytime I play CS or NS especially I always get black spots. In CS when I play the map aztec, in the rain i see balck spots. What is causing this? THe driver that I have for my 7800gt is like 91.25 I think. Never had happen to me before. Any ideas?

Sounds like a failed OC by BFG.

I used to get the black spots (called them blackflies) when overclocking. You know you've gone just barely too far when your compuer doesn't crash/lock-up but the blackflies or snow appears.

Try lowering the core and memory.

My experience happened with memory but other people got the blackflies with cooking cores.

kitchenshark

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
I would vote for either a bad driver or a corrupt driver installation. Try uninstalling and cleaning the drivers from the system, then reinstalling the driver.

EDIT: I had/have similar problems with a 9600 PRO and my 7600GT. There's black patches, well, squares around some objects in the multiplayer game of HL2. Reinstalling the drivers up to this point has cleared up every instance.