Configure 2 servers to resolve to each other?

Craig

Hi folks,
I have 2 Windows DNS servers (One is Windows 2000 in one
domain, the other Windows 2003 in a different domain). I
have created our company intranet site with IIS running on
another internal server. I added an "A" record on the 2003
DNS server to point to the IIS box, so boxes in that
domain could find the intranet site. Works great. My
question is: how do I add an "A" record to the other
domain (or otherwise configure things) so those clients
can find the intranet site...because right now, they can't!

Suggestions???

Thanks,
Craig

In news:4eee01c490fb$55a452c0$a301280a@phx.gbl,
Craig <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> made a post then I commented
below
> Hi folks,
> I have 2 Windows DNS servers (One is Windows 2000 in one
> domain, the other Windows 2003 in a different domain). I
> have created our company intranet site with IIS running on
> another internal server. I added an "A" record on the 2003
> DNS server to point to the IIS box, so boxes in that
> domain could find the intranet site. Works great. My
> question is: how do I add an "A" record to the other
> domain (or otherwise configure things) so those clients
> can find the intranet site...because right now, they can't!
>
> Suggestions???
>
> Thanks,
> Craig

Who is the child and who is the parent?

If the windows 2000 domain is a child of the Win2003 domain, I would
configure delegation from the parent to the child DNS for the child n ame,
and then configure a forwarder back to the parent DNS. This way if a user in
the child requests a record in the parent, the request is forwarded to the
parent. If a parent user needs to resolve a record in the child, the
delegation will send the request to the child and return the answer.

Keep in mind, if mixing AD versions, you need to run adprep /domainprep on
the child Win2000 domain.

--
Regards,
Ace