DNS server down

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have 2 Windows 2000 DNS servers which are AD integerated. SERVER1 acts as
the server will all roles, call it as PDC. SERVER2 is an additional domain
controller to SERVER1 and gets its database synch'd with SERVER1.

DNS on SERVER1 works fine, DNS on SERVER2 works too but it updates the
records form SERVER1 in like 2-3 days ,s ometime not. Then I got to manually
load the data. How can I trooubleshoot this?

Everyday the DNS server on SERVER2 goes down and gets back up and running
after 5-10mts.

I will definitely appreciate your thoughts about this issue.

Thanks

In news:827E9D8C-0988-43A4-B58A-9DEC20FC8273@microsoft.com,
Tom <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> made a post then I commented below
> I have 2 Windows 2000 DNS servers which are AD integerated. SERVER1
> acts as the server will all roles, call it as PDC. SERVER2 is an
> additional domain controller to SERVER1 and gets its database synch'd
> with SERVER1.
>
> DNS on SERVER1 works fine, DNS on SERVER2 works too but it updates the
> records form SERVER1 in like 2-3 days ,s ometime not. Then I got to
> manually load the data. How can I trooubleshoot this?
>
> Everyday the DNS server on SERVER2 goes down and gets back up and
> running after 5-10mts.
>
> I will definitely appreciate your thoughts about this issue.
>
> Thanks

To better assist, we'll need some config info...

Can we see an ipconfig /all from both servers?
Can you also let us know what the AD DNS domain name should be?
Can you also tell us if the SRV records exist under the zone?
Does the zone have updates enabled on both DNS servers?
Any replication errors or any errors at all in the Event viewer?

--
Regards,
Ace

so all can benefit.