Questions on Canon S820

I have a 3 year old Canon S820 that has started to print color photos and
graphics that are way out of balance.
Cleaning, deep cleaning, & cartridge replacement has not helped.
Sometimes the thing works as expected with no errors and at other times it
does not. Is this a print head problem. Would it be worth replacing the
print head or is a new printer in order? Are the newer Canons any better
than this model? Suggestions for a replacement if necessary?

Thanks

Ed

The answers to your questions are almost impossible to figure out unless
a trained pro examines the printhead. Do you and have you always used
OEM Canon ink. If not maybe your luck ran out.

Ed T wrote:

>I have a 3 year old Canon S820 that has started to print color photos and
>graphics that are way out of balance.
>Cleaning, deep cleaning, & cartridge replacement has not helped.
>Sometimes the thing works as expected with no errors and at other times it
>does not. Is this a print head problem. Would it be worth replacing the
>print head or is a new printer in order? Are the newer Canons any better
>than this model? Suggestions for a replacement if necessary?
>
>Thanks
>
>Ed

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

measekite wrote:
> The answers to your questions are almost impossible to figure out unless
> a trained pro examines the printhead. Do you and have you always used
> OEM Canon ink. If not maybe your luck ran out.

So now you think you're a trained print head pro?
hahahahahahaha...please, we all know you're nothing but a trained
monkey. A real moron. A complete idiot. So stop giving people bad advice
in this ng ok.
Frank

Have never used anything but Canon inks. 3 years on a printer is not bad.
It's had a lot of use. Might just be time for a new one.
Ed

Frank wrote:
> measekite wrote:
>
>> The answers to your questions are almost impossible to figure out
>> unless a trained pro examines the printhead. Do you and have you
>> always used OEM Canon ink. If not maybe your luck ran out.
>>

> So now you think you're a trained print head pro?
> hahahahahahaha...please, we all know you're nothing but a trained
> monkey. A real moron. A complete idiot. So stop giving people bad advice
> in this ng ok.
> Frank

I got your trained pro. Train on this. :-D

measekite

Ed T wrote:

> I have a 3 year old Canon S820 that has started to print color photos and
> graphics that are way out of balance.
> Cleaning, deep cleaning, & cartridge replacement has not helped.
> Sometimes the thing works as expected with no errors and at other times it
> does not. Is this a print head problem. Would it be worth replacing the
> print head or is a new printer in order? Are the newer Canons any better
> than this model? Suggestions for a replacement if necessary?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ed

There are several possibilities. The first, it may be simply the printhead is
dying. In this case replacing it is the only solution. Before jumping into
buying another one, You may want to assume that it has a clog and try to unclog
it. Soaking the printhead is the most commonly done procedure to unclog a
printhead. Water is the safest fluid for the soaking and it works well.
Don't soak too long. 30 minutes is the max I would do. Use clean water.
Good luck.

Ed T wrote:

Are the newer Canons any better
> than this model? Suggestions for a replacement if necessary?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ed

Absolutely! The latest ip8500 ($350) is simply far (I do mean far) better
than s820. Higher resolution, faster printing speed (probably twice the speed)
and much much prettier colors. Once you have an ip8500 you would not want
your s820 around any more. Well, cost of ink cartridges will be higher because
it has two more colors (cartridges).

I'm tempted to do just that. Maybe Canon will put it on sale sometime
before winter. Have you been able to easily find the red and green ink
cartridges?

Ed

" Stevelee" <" Stevelee"@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Ed T wrote:
>
> Are the newer Canons any better
>> than this model? Suggestions for a replacement if necessary?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Ed
>
> Absolutely! The latest ip8500 ($350) is simply far (I do mean far) better
> than s820. Higher resolution, faster printing speed (probably twice the
> speed)
> and much much prettier colors. Once you have an ip8500 you would not want
> your s820 around any more. Well, cost of ink cartridges will be higher
> because
> it has two more colors (cartridges).

You didn't mention in the original post if you had done a nozzle check and
if so what the results were. Are there random pattern dropouts or are entire
sections missing? If entire sections are missing, then the printhead most
likely is toast. If it's only random patterns, then it could be clogs. The
s820 isn't a bad printer (I've got two), but the newer Pixma line is
definitely a step up. For less than the cost of a replacement printhead you
can get a new printer, especially if you consider the cost of the new
cartridges included with the unit.
--
Ron

"Ed T" <ed.wilson@acsalaskanospam.net> wrote in message
> Have never used anything but Canon inks. 3 years on a printer is not bad.
> It's had a lot of use. Might just be time for a new one.
> Ed
>

> "measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
>> The answers to your questions are almost impossible to figure out unless
>> a trained pro examines the printhead. Do you and have you always used OEM
>> Canon ink. If not maybe your luck ran out.
>>
>> Ed T wrote:
>>
>>>I have a 3 year old Canon S820 that has started to print color photos and
>>>graphics that are way out of balance.
>>>Cleaning, deep cleaning, & cartridge replacement has not helped.
>>>Sometimes the thing works as expected with no errors and at other times
>>>it does not. Is this a print head problem. Would it be worth replacing
>>>the print head or is a new printer in order? Are the newer Canons any
>>>better than this model? Suggestions for a replacement if necessary?
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>
>>>Ed

Entire sections so it seems. I will try to clean the nozzles and if that
doesn't work replace it.

Ed

"Ron Cohen" <d+r+c+0+2+3@sbcXXXglobalYYY.ZZZnet> wrote in message
> You didn't mention in the original post if you had done a nozzle check and
> if so what the results were. Are there random pattern dropouts or are
> entire sections missing? If entire sections are missing, then the
> printhead most likely is toast. If it's only random patterns, then it
> could be clogs. The s820 isn't a bad printer (I've got two), but the newer
> Pixma line is definitely a step up. For less than the cost of a
> replacement printhead you can get a new printer, especially if you
> consider the cost of the new cartridges included with the unit.
> --
> Ron
>
> "Ed T" <ed.wilson@acsalaskanospam.net> wrote in message
>> Have never used anything but Canon inks. 3 years on a printer is not
>> bad. It's had a lot of use. Might just be time for a new one.
>> Ed
>>

>> "measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
>>> The answers to your questions are almost impossible to figure out unless
>>> a trained pro examines the printhead. Do you and have you always used
>>> OEM Canon ink. If not maybe your luck ran out.

Thanks to all who took the time to answer my questions.

Ed

" Stevelee" <" Stevelee"@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Ed T wrote:
>
> Are the newer Canons any better
>> than this model? Suggestions for a replacement if necessary?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Ed
>
> Absolutely! The latest ip8500 ($350) is simply far (I do mean far) better
> than s820. Higher resolution, faster printing speed (probably twice the
> speed)
> and much much prettier colors. Once you have an ip8500 you would not want
> your s820 around any more. Well, cost of ink cartridges will be higher
> because
> it has two more colors (cartridges).

" Stevelee" <" Stevelee"@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Soaking the printhead is the most commonly done procedure to unclog a
>printhead. Water is the safest fluid for the soaking and it works well.
>Don't soak too long. 30 minutes is the max I would do. Use clean water.

Would distilled water be better than hard or softened tap water?
Would it be safe to use an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner on a print
head?

Somewhere I have seen ads for a print head cleaning kit that
consisted of printer cartridges filled with a cleaning solution.
Are these safe and effective?
--
I have found several good doctors. I just have not been able
to figure out how to climb through my TV screen to go to them.

BURT

There are two sites that deal with printers (primarily Canon), print head
maintenance, inks, and papers. In addition to this newsgroup, both of these
sites have value for helping Canon printer owners with their printer
problems. The Nifty-stuff forum has several postings on the issue of head
cleaning. Rather than repeating them I would rather direct you to the
sites. The other is Neil Slade's site.
http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/

A few points -
1) When soaking the print head keep the water very shallow. If you get
the electrical contacts wet you can damage the print head beyond repair. If
you are lucky, the water will wick up into the jets and clear the clog.
Some people have used warm water or windex (original, not dripless) and an
eyedropper or syringe to put a few drops on the ink intake ports where the
ink carts sit as well while giving it a bath.
2) Warming the water helps.
3) It is probably better to use distilled water. Some people also advise
the use of some isopropyl alcohol in the water.
4) Arthur Entlich has an Epson head cleaning manual he will send you be
email if you email him and ask him for it. His email address is
e-printerhelp@mvps.org . Although this is written for Epson printers, with
some discretion you can apply some of this info to Canon as well. He
describes the cleaning fluid he uses in cleaning carts. I used his recipe
to clean a print head on a dye-based Epson printer and it worked great. If
a simple water bath didn't work I would consider doing the same thing to my
Canon i960 print head if it should become clogged. At that point what do
you have to lose? I would use the "home brew"cleaning solution in the
carts, just as I did with the Epson printer.
To repeat - read through Neil Slade's site and follow all threads on the
Nifty forum that are about this issue. See what you can apply from Art
Entlich's manual. THEN try to clear the clog.

Burt wrote:

>There are two sites that deal with printers (primarily Canon), print head
>maintenance, inks, and papers. In addition to this newsgroup, both of these
>sites have value for helping Canon printer owners with their printer
>problems. The Nifty-stuff forum has several postings on the issue of head
>cleaning. Rather than repeating them I would rather direct you to the
>sites. The other is Neil Slade's site.
>http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html

These sites are very much slanted for tinkerers and hobbists who favor
aftermarket inks and refilling using noname generic ink. Some of the
people on them promote this stuff because they make money from them. I
would say it is difficult to get objective informatiohn.

measekite wrote:

> These sites are very much slanted for tinkerers and hobbists who favor
> aftermarket inks and refilling using noname generic ink. Some of the
> people on them promote this stuff because they make money from them. I
> would say it is difficult to get objective informatiohn.

"Objective information"...who do you think you're kidding! (BTW,
information is correctly spelled; i-n-f-o-r-m-a-t-i-o-n).
You don't have an objective bone in your body. These site are
specifically for individuals seeking the particular information that
they provide. They have nothing to do with you. You offer nothing to
anyone about anything concerning after market goods.
You have no knowledge about after market ink carts or ink refilling or
CIS/CFS.
So just leave us along and go somewhere else where you will be appreciated.
I'm sure you can find another home as you are not welcomed here.
Frank

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>

>> These sites are very much slanted for tinkerers and hobbists who
>> favor aftermarket inks and refilling using noname generic ink. Some
>> of the people on them promote this stuff because they make money from
>> them. I would say it is difficult to get objective informatiohn.
>

> "Objective information"...who do you think you're kidding! (BTW,
> information is correctly spelled; i-n-f-o-r-m-a-t-i-o-n).
> I don't have an objective bone in my body. These site are specifically
> for individuals seeking the particular information that they provide.
> They have everything to do with me. I offer nothing to anyone about
> anything concerning after market goods.
> I have no knowledge about after market ink carts or ink refilling or
> CIS/CFS.
> So just leave us along and go somewhere else where you will be
> appreciated.
> I'm sure I can find another home as I am not welcomed here.
> Frank

I certainly do not welcome a prick like you Frankie Carankie.

BURT

> Burt wrote:
>
>>There are two sites that deal with printers (primarily Canon), print head
>>maintenance, inks, and papers. In addition to this newsgroup, both of
>>these sites have value for helping Canon printer owners with their printer
>>problems. The Nifty-stuff forum has several postings on the issue of head
>>cleaning. Rather than repeating them I would rather direct you to the
>>sites. The other is Neil Slade's site.
>>http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html
>>

> These sites are very much slanted for tinkerers and hobbists who favor
> aftermarket inks and refilling using noname generic ink. Some of the
> people on them promote this stuff because they make money from them. I
> would say it is difficult to get objective informatiohn.

Measekite raises several issues with which he has no experience and/or has
given misinformation. Let me clarify them:

1) Tinkerers: Yes there are "tinkerers" (as measekite likes to call
them) in the Nifty Stuff forum. Read the user manual that came with your
printer. It tells you to run the cleaning cycles if the test pattern
indicates that one or more jets is not delivering ink. When the cleaning
cycles don't restore the printer to proper function what do you do? The
manual doesn't help, nor does calling tech support. You can take the
printer to a repair facility at considerable cost, junk it and buy a new
one, or learn what these "tinkerers" have figured out to clear a head clog.
On a grand scale, Thomas Edison and the Wright brothers were "tinkerers."
On an extremely small but helpful scale, "tinkerers" have helped all of us
solve hardware and software problems through forums and newsgroups when
manuals and tech support were inadequate. I am not comparing the
contributions made by brilliant inventors in the past to someone who figured
out how to clear a badly blocked printhead. I am only saying that it takes
an inquiring mind, analytical thought, a bit of tinkering, and some luck to
come up with the solution to these annoying problems. Thank goodness for
the "tinkerers."

2) Those of us who refill our carts on this NG don't use "generic" inks.
Generic ink is sold by Costco and some other firms and is touted as suitable
for printers of all manufacturers. "One size fits all." These are usually
to be avoided. We use inks that are specifically formulated for our brand
and model of printers. They are not "no-name" products. Formulabs is one
of the world's largest ink manufacturers. MIS inks have been available and
used successfully for many years. It is no more "no-name" than the large
appliances that Sears sells under the Kenmore label. Sears contracts with
major appliance manufacturers to produce units labeled as Kenmore. The
manufacturer is not disclosed. This does not detract from their value or
usefulness, nor does it make Sears unethical. MIS inks in Canon printers
work every bit as well as OEM inks from my own personal experience.

3) No one on the Nifty forum makes money from ink sales or has a vested
interest in any of these businesses. If any vendor choses to post a notice
regarding his product he identifies himself as the vendor. Often times this
information is in response to someone's question about the product and the
response is helpful. Anyone who posts a blatant sales pitch on the Nifty
forum is politely told not to do it any more. There are a few people who run
cart refilling businesses who give tips and advice to participants on that
forum on how to successfully do their cart refilling. They don't identify
their places of business and do a real service to the forum.

4) Measekite wants objectivity. What is more objective than people
reporting both positive and negative aspects of products they have
personally used. Measekite is the least objective person on this NG. He
vilifies the vendors (with whom he has never done business), denigrates
their products (although he has never used them), calls me and others on the
NG names, and purposely cuts up and changes our posts to distort the message
that is intended to help others. He doesn't have the decency to leave a
message alone that is intended to help, nor does he treat others with
respect. If he were to be respectful to others on the NG they would, in
turn, be respectful to him.

(snip)

Daniel Prince wrote:
> " Stevelee" <" Stevelee"@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Soaking the printhead is the most commonly done procedure to unclog a
>>printhead. Water is the safest fluid for the soaking and it works well.
>>Don't soak too long. 30 minutes is the max I would do. Use clean water.
>

> Would distilled water be better than hard or softened tap water?
> Would it be safe to use an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner on a print
> head?

I will consider distilled water safe. It is easy to get and cheap.
I don't think you need a ultrsonic cleaner. Don't know if it is
safe.

> Somewhere I have seen ads for a print head cleaning kit that
> consisted of printer cartridges filled with a cleaning solution.
> Are these safe and effective?

I never used anything like that. The most common soaking method
is to let the printhead sit in a small dish of water about 1/4"
deep. Also pour water from the top where ink enters the printhead.
Ink will flow out from the bottom. This is a method that worked
very well. No forcing of anything. Don't spray compressed air from
either side of the printhead. It almost killed my printhead once.

Daniel Prince wrote:

> " Stevelee" <" Stevelee"@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Soaking the printhead is the most commonly done procedure to unclog a
>>printhead. Water is the safest fluid for the soaking and it works well.
>>Don't soak too long. 30 minutes is the max I would do. Use clean water.

The soaking method I am talking about is very effective when a clog is
detected early. If a light cleaning cycle doesn't clear up a printhead
go straight to the soaking. It should clear it up right away. But printhead
clogs should happen very rarely. I remember doing it no more than 4 or 5
times over 2 years. If printhead clogs happened to your printer too frequently
you may want to get known good fresh ink and toss the old one.

Burt wrote:

>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
>

>>Burt wrote:
>>

>>>There are two sites that deal with printers (primarily Canon), print head
>>>maintenance, inks, and papers. In addition to this newsgroup, both of
>>>these sites have value for helping Canon printer owners with their printer
>>>problems. The Nifty-stuff forum has several postings on the issue of head
>>>cleaning. Rather than repeating them I would rather direct you to the
>>>sites. The other is Neil Slade's site.
>>>http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html
>>>

>>These sites are very much slanted for tinkerers and hobbists who favor
>>aftermarket inks and refilling using noname generic ink. Some of the
>>people on them promote this stuff because they make money from them. I
>>would say it is difficult to get objective informatiohn.
>>

>Measekite raises several issues with which he has no experience and/or has
>given misinformation. Let me clarify them:
>
>1) Tinkerers: Yes there are "tinkerers" (as measekite likes to call
>them) in the Nifty Stuff forum.

The person who is writing this also frequents those other groups
spreading his gospel. In the other groups he called himself fotofreek.

>Read the user manual that came with your
>printer. It tells you to run the cleaning cycles if the test pattern
>indicates that one or more jets is not delivering ink.

It says nothing about using generic ink that will clog the head to begin
with.

>When the cleaning
>cycles don't restore the printer to proper function what do you do? The
>manual doesn't help, nor does calling tech support. You can take the
>printer to a repair facility at considerable cost, junk it and buy a new
>one, or learn what these "tinkerers" have figured out to clear a head clog.
>On a grand scale, Thomas Edison and the Wright brothers were "tinkerers."

You got to be kidding. Out of your league pal.

>On an extremely small but helpful scale, "tinkerers" have helped all of us
>solve hardware and software problems through forums and newsgroups when
>manuals and tech support were inadequate. I am not comparing the
>contributions made by brilliant inventors in the past to someone who figured
>out how to clear a badly blocked printhead.

ha ha ha

> I am only saying that it takes
>an inquiring mind, analytical thought, a bit of tinkering, and some luck to
>come up with the solution to these annoying problems. Thank goodness for
>the "tinkerers."
>
>2) Those of us who refill our carts on this NG don't use "generic" inks.

All non OEM inks are generic. There are two types of generic ink -
printer specific and printer non specific.

>Generic ink is sold by Costco and some other firms and is touted as suitable
>for printers of all manufacturers. "One size fits all." These are usually
>to be avoided. We use inks that are specifically formulated for our brand
>and model of printers. They are not "no-name" products.

Bullshit. The label of ink ou use does not have a name and the vendor
you get it from does not disclose the mfg/formulator on their website no
will they tell you who it is. It is NO NAME. You are a stubborn old
fool not to admit that.

> Formulabs is one
>of the world's largest ink manufacturers. MIS inks have been available and
>used successfully for many years. It is no more "no-name" than the large
>appliances that Sears sells under the Kenmore label.

Sears will tell you that Kenmore is made by Whirlpool.

>Sears contracts with
>major appliance manufacturers to produce units labeled as Kenmore. The
>manufacturer is not disclosed.

You are a liar.

>This does not detract from their value or
>usefulness, nor does it make Sears unethical. MIS inks in Canon printers
>work every bit as well as OEM inks from my own personal experience.

There are many other people who had headclogs. Gimmme a break.

>3) No one on the Nifty forum makes money from ink sales or has a vested
>interest in any of these businesses.

How do you know. We got rid of WeStink on this forum who admitted he
makes money in this business and he admitted to this ng that his only
interest in giving advice is to further his business.

>If any vendor choses to post a notice
>regarding his product he identifies himself as the vendor.

More Lies. Maybe he works for Tyco or Adelphia

>Often times this
>information is in response to someone's question about the product and the
>response is helpful. Anyone who posts a blatant sales pitch on the Nifty
>forum is politely told not to do it any more.

Just go undercover. You must think the readers were born yesterday.
Well not all of them.

>There are a few people who run
>cart refilling businesses who give tips and advice to participants on that
>forum on how to successfully do their cart refilling.

The truth leaks out.

> They don't identify
>their places of business and do a real service to the forum.
>
>4) Measekite wants objectivity. What is more objective than people
>reporting both positive and negative aspects of products they have
>personally used. Measekite is the least objective person on this NG.

Bullshit. I just do not like these whore to get away with anything.
And this old fart supports them.

Stevelee wrote:

> Daniel Prince wrote:
>
>> " Stevelee" <" Stevelee"@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Soaking the printhead is the most commonly done procedure to unclog a
>>> printhead. Water is the safest fluid for the soaking and it works well.
>>> Don't soak too long. 30 minutes is the max I would do. Use clean water.
>>

> The soaking method I am talking about is very effective when a clog is
> detected early. If a light cleaning cycle doesn't clear up a printhead
> go straight to the soaking. It should clear it up right away. But
> printhead
> clogs should happen very rarely. I remember doing it no more than 4 or 5
> times over 2 years. If printhead clogs happened to your printer too
> frequently
> you may want to get known good fresh ink and toss the old one.

I say OEM ink is safe and the printer is built to use it.

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

measekite wrote:

> I say OEM ink is safe and the printer is built to use it.

And how would you know and difference seeing as how you've never ever
used anything but oem ink.
Care to discuss that fact?

Frank

"Daniel Prince" <neutrino1@comcast.net> wrote in message
>" Stevelee" <" Stevelee"@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Soaking the printhead is the most commonly done procedure to unclog a
>>printhead. Water is the safest fluid for the soaking and it works well.
>>Don't soak too long. 30 minutes is the max I would do. Use clean water.
>
> Would distilled water be better than hard or softened tap water?
> Would it be safe to use an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner on a print
> head?

I have used very warm (NOT hot) distilled water in an ultrasonic jewlery
cleaner on a few occasions in the past with good results.
Only place enough water to submerge the nozzles NOT the entire printhead.

> Somewhere I have seen ads for a print head cleaning kit that
> consisted of printer cartridges filled with a cleaning solution.
> Are these safe and effective?
> --

Depends I guess on what they are putting in their secret cleaning formula.
I for one would not use them as the printhead nozzles are very sensitive to
even the mildest of chemicals.

BURT

As expected, Measekite continues his disrespectful rant, calls me names, and
alters my message. While he has every right to disagree, he has no right to
call me a liar.

> Burt wrote:
>
>>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

(snip)

> The person who is writing this also frequents those other groups spreading
> his gospel. In the other groups he called himself fotofreek.

Measekite also frequents other groups. He accuses me of spreading my gospel
(I have now been elevated to the status of St. Mark) and rightly identifies
me as fotofreek on the Nifty-stuff forum. On this NG I use my own first
name as opposed to Measekite who hides behind a fake sign-on name while
spouting his obscenities and misinformation (his gospel).

>>Read the user manual that came with your printer. It tells you to run the
>>cleaning cycles if the test pattern indicates that one or more jets is not
>>delivering ink.
>
> It says nothing about using generic ink that will clog the head to begin
> with.

Measekite's rant. All aftermarket inks do not clog printheads, and all
clogs are not caused by aftermarket inks. He tries to blame every printer
malfunction on aftermarket inks and asks everyone who posts a message about
a print head clog if they use only OEM inks. I have noticed that of those
who bothered to answer the question, the majority of them have used only OEM
inks. He exposes his lack of knowledge and experience with these materials
and his extreme bias.

>>When the cleaning cycles don't restore the printer to proper function what
>>do you do? The manual doesn't help, nor does calling tech support. You
>>can take the printer to a repair facility at considerable cost, junk it
>>and buy a new one, or learn what these "tinkerers" have figured out to
>>clear a head clog. On a grand scale, Thomas Edison and the Wright brothers
>>were "tinkerers."
>
> You got to be kidding. Out of your league pal.

Just what I said, in a more reasoned way, in the next two sentences. Please
re-read the entire paragraph. BTW, I was not extolling the value of my
participation in the Nifty forum, I was describing several others who are
the "tinkerers" who have evaluated aspects of this very narrow subject of
carts and inks and come up with answers to the problems that the
manufacturers do not address.

>>On an extremely small but helpful scale, "tinkerers" have helped all of us
>>solve hardware and software problems through forums and newsgroups when
>>manuals and tech support were inadequate. I am not comparing the
>>contributions made by brilliant inventors in the past to someone who
>>figured out how to clear a badly blocked printhead.>>
>
> ha ha ha

This is the typical kind of response that Measekite uses to try to demean
people and their postings

>> I am only saying that it takes an inquiring mind, analytical thought, a
>> bit of tinkering, and some luck to come up with the solution to these
>> annoying problems. Thank goodness for the "tinkerers."
>>
>>2) Those of us who refill our carts on this NG don't use "generic"
>>inks.
>
> All non OEM inks are generic. There are two types of generic ink -
> printer specific and printer non specific.

WRONG. Generic inks are sold to be used in a variety of manufacturers'
printers. Printer-specific inks are formulated for particular
manufacturers' printer models. Don't play with words, Measekite.

>>Generic ink is sold by Costco and some other firms and is touted as
>>suitable for printers of all manufacturers. "One size fits all." These
>>are usually to be avoided. We use inks that are specifically formulated
>>for our brand and model of printers. They are not "no-name" products.
>
> Bullshit. The label of ink ou use does not have a name and the vendor you
> get it from does not disclose the mfg/formulator on their website no will
> they tell you who it is. It is NO NAME. You are a stubborn old fool not
> to admit that.

WRONG. Several of the vendors, when asked, do tell what is in their carts.
AND - I may be old, and I may be stubborn, but a fool I am not. Only a fool
resorts to name calling in a discussion. That's you, Measekite.

>> Formulabs is one of the world's largest ink manufacturers. MIS inks have
>> been available and used successfully for many years. It is no more
>> "no-name" than the large appliances that Sears sells under the Kenmore
>> label.
>
> Sears will tell you that Kenmore is made by Whirlpool.

Find that information on an advertising circular or catalog and I will give
you a swig of your favorite aftermarket ink. AND - not all Kenmore items
are manufactured by Whirlpool.

>>Sears contracts with major appliance manufacturers to produce units
>>labeled as Kenmore. The manufacturer is not disclosed.
>
> You are a liar.

Again, an accusation with a perjorative term.

>>This does not detract from their value or usefulness, nor does it make
>>Sears unethical. MIS inks in Canon printers work every bit as well as OEM
>>inks from my own personal experience.
>>

> There are many other people who had headclogs. Gimmme a break.

I can only relate my own personal experience, and you have none in this
area. You also disregard the many reports from people who have head clogs
from OEM inks. Again, the bias comes through.

>>3) No one on the Nifty forum makes money from ink sales or has a vested
>>interest in any of these businesses.
>
> How do you know. We got rid of WeStink on this forum who admitted he
> makes money in this business and he admitted to this ng that his only
> interest in giving advice is to further his business.

WE didn't get rid of Weink, you chased him away with your biased and
slanderous diatribe. Obviously he is in business to make a living. He did,
however, give some valuable advice on his last post. He identified the ink
in his CRU carts as Formulabs and corrected your erroneous information about
the cost of that item. You had described the price of another prefilled
cart that, as I recall, had Image Specialist ink in it. Both of these inks
are good products.

>>If any vendor choses to post a notice regarding his product he identifies
>>himself as the vendor.
>
> More Lies. Maybe he works for Tyco or Adelphia

Again, I am called a liar. One vendor did post on the Nifty site and the
moderator added a note that, while the information was of some value to the
group, he does not permit postings that are advertisements for products.
AND, what does any of this have to do with Tyco or Adelphia? Just another
way to slander by association with these firms.

>>Often times this information is in response to someone's question about
>>the product and the response is helpful. Anyone who posts a blatant sales
>>pitch on the Nifty forum is politely told not to do it any more.
>
> Just go undercover. You must think the readers were born yesterday. Well
> not all of them.

We now delve into conspiracy theory. Measekite will now tell us that there
were ten gunmen responsible for the Kennedy asassination and that J. Edgar
Hoover proved that Martin Luther King was a communist. Get real, Measekite.

>>There are a few people who run cart refilling businesses who give tips and
>>advice to participants on that forum on how to successfully do their cart
>>refilling.
>
> The truth leaks out.

Before you cut my post up to interject your smart-ass comments read the
whole message.

>> They don't identify their places of business and do a real service to the
>> forum.
>>
>>4) Measekite wants objectivity. What is more objective than people
>>reporting both positive and negative aspects of products they have
>>personally used. Measekite is the least objective person on this NG.
>
> Bullshit. I just do not like these whore to get away with anything. And
> this old fart supports them.

I support no one. If I have used a good product I will let others know it.
More name calling.

>> He vilifies the vendors (with whom he has never done business),
>> denigrates their products (although he has never used them), calls me and
>> others on the NG names, and purposely cuts up and changes our posts to
>> distort the message that is intended to help others. He doesn't have the
>> decency to leave a lie alone that is intended to help, nor does he treat
>> others with respect. If he were to be respectful to others on the NG
>> they would, in turn, be respectful to him.

Again, Measekite stupidly changes my post by changing the word "message" to
"lie". This NG is extermely helpful and is frequented by many wonderful
people who give generously of their time to help solve problems. It is a
shame to see it highjacked by the likes of a Measekite. Too bad it is not
moderated. He would have to find another place to play his childish games.
The kinds of messages he constantly posts on this NG are not tolerated on
the Nifty forum. It may be a forum of "tinkerers," but it has some valuable
information and all the participants are respectful and civil.

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

measekite wrote:

Have you ever had an adult conversation in your entire pathetic life?
That screaming, yelling, diatribe you just posted, that I thankfully
snipped, is the most outrageous insult this ng has ever seen. It exposes
you as nothing more than an ingrate moron and confims once and for all
that you're truly crazy in every sense of the word.
I think I can speak for the entire ng when I say please get lost. Go
somewhere else and spread your vile lies and insults.
We've all had enough!

Frank