Make abc.com and def.com have records automatically? AD In..

I have two domains that I would like to have the same records in them.

I know I can set the zone file name to the same name in the non-integrated
zone, but how do you do this with AD Integrated Zones?

Thanks,
Scott<-

In news:uFZ46JelEHA.3520@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
Scott Townsend <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> made a post then I
commented below
> I have two domains that I would like to have the same records in them.
>
> I know I can set the zone file name to the same name in the
> non-integrated zone, but how do you do this with AD Integrated Zones?
>
> Thanks,
> Scott<-

It won't be automatic, but you can make the zone a Primary, then copy the
..dns file, then make it AD Integrated again.

--
Regards,
Ace

so all can benefit.

and confers no rights.

A lifetime commitment for a pig.
--
=================================

Yeah, I know about that, its just as easy to add records to both...

Bummer.. thanks,
Scott<=-

"Ace Fekay [MVP]"
<PleaseSubstituteMyActualFirstName&LastNameHere@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:%23mXaNpflEHA.712@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

In news:ujWVr8nlEHA.3632@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Scott Townsend <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> made a post then I
commented below
> Yeah, I know about that, its just as easy to add records to both...
>
> Bummer.. thanks,
> Scott<=-

Sorry about that. Jeff Westhead also replied to your other thread pretty
much saying the same thing as well.

Ace

In news:uFZ46JelEHA.3520@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
Scott Townsend <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote their comments
Then Kevin replied below:
> I have two domains that I would like to have the same
> records in them.
>
> I know I can set the zone file name to the same name in
> the non-integrated zone, but how do you do this with AD
> Integrated Zones?

Is this like two AD domains and you want your machines to be registered in
DNS for both domains?
Yes, you can do this and it can be automatic, by just adding the other
domain to the Connection specific DNS suffix. When a machine registers in
DNS it will register using both the Primary DNS suffix and connection DNS
suffix. The Primary DNS suffix will be the domain the machine is a member of
and the connection DNS suffix will be the other domain you want the machines
registered in. As long as both zones accept dynamic updates and the machines
have permission to register in the zone, they can do it. You will need trust
between the two domains for secure updates to take place. I'm assuming you
already have trust set up.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]