If you have a Scythe Ninja please assist me...

mickeddie

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
I have ordered all of my components except mobo and GPU for an E6600 build. I will be overclocking it to 3.2-3.4 ghz and wanted to know if I need the fan on the Ninja or can I go fanless? If I go fanless and want to add the fan later, would I have to remove the entire heatsink from the CPU?

I will be using the Antec p180b case and will invert the top fan to draw air in, then out the rear. I do not plan on adding any more case fans... I think 3 should be enough. :?:

Also, I guess there is no concern about the weight of this heatsink and gravity pulling it down, putting pressure on the mounting screws?

Thanks!!

306maxi

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
I have ordered all of my components except mobo and GPU for an E6600 build. I will be overclocking it to 3.2-3.4 ghz and wanted to know if I need the fan on the Ninja or can I go fanless? If I go fanless and want to add the fan later, would I have to remove the entire heatsink from the CPU?

I will be using the Antec p180b case and will invert the top fan to draw air in, then out the rear. I do not plan on adding any more case fans... I think 3 should be enough. :?:

Also, I guess there is no concern about the weight of this heatsink and gravity pulling it down, putting pressure on the mounting screws?

Thanks!!

I could be wrong but convection says that if you're going to do anything with the fans it should be to have the rear fan blowing in and the blowhole still blowing out. Remember.... hot air rises.