HP Laserjet 9055 9065 MPF experience

Hi there,

I am about to by a new MPF Printer. I am especially interested in
the HP Laserjet 9055 or 9065 MPF. On the HP homepage I found
everything about the machines, but I can't find any
reviews or experiences about these (or similar) printers
from HP.

We just use the 1xxx, 2xxx and 3xxx Series from HP and these are
great!!

But how about the big ones?
Are they reliable too? How about the qualtiy, speed
and the service?

I love HP printers, but just don't want to buy a pig in a poke
for about 15.000 bugs :)

David

Konica an HP are the same?
We currently use Ricoh machines, and we are not
very pleased with them and their service.

I now many peoply using canon printers. Bad service too :-I

ME

In message <1120123118.254058.206190@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
david.winkler@leonhardlang.at writes
>Hi there,
>
>I am about to by a new MPF Printer. I am especially interested in
>the HP Laserjet 9055 or 9065 MPF. On the HP homepage I found
>everything about the machines, but I can't find any
>reviews or experiences about these (or similar) printers
>from HP.

Presumably you should look at the Konica 7155/7165 as well since it
seems they are the same machine. As in another thread it maybe woth
while looking at other manufacturers' options, eg Ricoh's Aficio 2232C
or Canon's CLC3220

--
Timothy

ME

In message <1120137024.859991.71190@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
david.winkler@leonhardlang.at writes
>Konica an HP are the same?
On the HP website it gave a link to a business review which said it was
the same print engine as a Konica machine

>We currently use Ricoh machines, and we are not
>very pleased with them and their service.
>I now many peoply using canon printers. Bad service too :-I

On this sort of thing service is going to be done by local agents who
presumably have agencies with most of these companies, so I'm not
convinced too much can be done on that front.

My machine is a second hand one so I don't particularly need to go to
Canon's official people for things.

Going back to Xerox as well as the Phaser 7750, with the duty cycle you
are looking for probably look at the DocuColor 240/250
--
Timothy

me@privacy.net wrote:
> In message <1120123118.254058.206190@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> david.winkler@leonhardlang.at writes
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I am about to by a new MPF Printer. I am especially interested in
>> the HP Laserjet 9055 or 9065 MPF. On the HP homepage I found
>> everything about the machines, but I can't find any
>> reviews or experiences about these (or similar) printers
>> from HP.

This is because they are mainly sold on a PPU (Pay per Use) contract
which is where you have a fixed price for a year and then the number of
toner consumables you have used is reviewed and then the price adjusted
for the next year. This is better than the "click" rate you'll be
charged by copier companies as there is usually a minimum volume hidden
somewhere in the contract. The point is that people don't usually review
machines that are purchased/leased on a contract rather than boight
outright.

For the performance of the machine see my comments below.

> Presumably you should look at the Konica 7155/7165 as well since it
> seems they are the same machine. As in another thread it maybe woth
> while looking at other manufacturers' options, eg Ricoh's Aficio 2232C
> or Canon's CLC3220

This statement is completely incorrect. The HP 9055/65/85 and 9850
devices all use Konica engines. However the print boards in the 9055 and
9065 are all HP's own work. This means that they print and behacve in
the same way as the HP LaserJet devcies. They have the same drivers, the
same features, the same networking etc. The Konica part is the copier
module and the paper handling. This use of another manufacturer's engine
is nothing new to HP, all the LaserJet's you have mentioned above use
Canon engines but HP build their own electronics, networking and
software around them. This HP intellectual property is what makes them
the best Laser printers on the market.

My own view as a user of every single HP LaserJet on the market is that
you should also have a look at the HP LaserJet 9050MFP which is an
outstanding MFP without the "dual personality" effect you can
occasionally get from the 9055/65 devices. The LJ9050MFP (and the
predecessor the LJ9000MFP) are completely integrated in terms of their
print and copy functions. They have scan to e-mail right out of the box
(the LJ9050MFP also has built in scan to fax), superb networking, are
ultra-reliable and are extremely easy to use. In addition, the scanner
is colour so you will also have an A3/11x17 colour scanner for your
money. The LJ9055/65 only has a mono scanner. The only disadvantage the
LJ9000/9050 have over the 9055/65 is that the copying functionality is
reduced (no advanced copying features such as hidden-side removal etc)
and the price-per-page is about 10% higher (say 1.1 cents per page
instead of 1.0 cents per page).

Hope this helps,

--
Mushroom

Thank you Mushroom for your reply!

We definitely need a colorscaner, as well as a good paper input
handling
for scanning many documents. Speed is rather not so importamt (about
1000 pages a day) but the 9055 seems to be faster and the printer
cartridge (Q3682C) is about 6 times cheaper than the C8543 for the
9050.
But as mentioned befor, the 9055 don't has a color scanner
and it's about 3000$ more expensive in purchase. The 9055 seems to
have more accessories available (?).

For us, it is the most important thing, to have a very reliable printer
and in cases a good service.

Is there any consumable material to buy beside the printing cartride
and the paper?

How about the 13x5 4hr care pack?

What to you mean with scan to fax? Just fax?
Are there more limitations on copies?

best regards, David

david.winkler@leonhardlang.at wrote:
> Thank you Mushroom for your reply!
>
> We definitely need a colorscaner, as well as a good paper input
> handling
> for scanning many documents. Speed is rather not so importamt (about
> 1000 pages a day) but the 9055 seems to be faster and the printer
> cartridge (Q3682C) is about 6 times cheaper than the C8543 for the
> 9050.

If you're only scanning 1000 docs a day then the speed isn't too
important. Particularly as the LJ9000/9050 has a duples scanner (both
sides at once) whereas the 9055 can only do 1 side at once and has to
turn the paper over mechanically, increasing the chance of a paper jam.

The LJ9000/9050 toner and that of the LJ9055 aren't comparable. The
9000/9050 cartridge is all in one - there are no other consumables. The
9055 is just toner. There are other drums, developers etc which will
eventually wear out over time and need calculating intot he cost of a
page. That's why I said that the cost-per-page is only about 10%
different when you take all costs into account, particularly the initial
purchase cost.

> But as mentioned befor, the 9055 don't has a color scanner
> and it's about 3000$ more expensive in purchase. The 9055 seems to
> have more accessories available (?).

There are more paper handling options for the 9055 inclusing off-line
finishing/binding etc. the 9000/9050 can do stacking, booklet makin and
the 9050 can also sort into mailboxes.

> For us, it is the most important thing, to have a very reliable printer
> and in cases a good service.

Both models are very reliable but buying a carepack is important.

> Is there any consumable material to buy beside the printing cartride
> and the paper?

Not in the 9000/9050 but there are others for the 9055 (see comments above)

> How about the 13x5 4hr care pack?

Make sure you buy it.

> What to you mean with scan to fax? Just fax?
> Are there more limitations on copies?

Fromt the 9050 you can press a button on the front panel whcih says
"fax", it will scan the pages from the ADF and send them to a fax number
that you can type in. The 90560 has a built-in fax modem, it's an option
on the 9000. The 9055 can't send to fax.

In additions, all the machiens can scan a document as a PDF (in colour
from the 9000/9050 scanner, mono on the 9055) and send it to an SMTP
e-mail address. This is generally faster, cheaper and better quality
than fax. You can also scan as TIFF and JPG.

Hope this helps,

--
Mushroom

Do you need additional software for scanning (for managing
email-addresses)
or is it all done on the printer?

For us, the 9050 sounds great, as we need colored scanning and a fax.

Thank you very much for the information!!

cheers, David

David,

you need HP DSS version 4.3 and 'recent' firmware level on your 9055/65 MFP
for the printer engine / CPE (copy board engine) / ...

Then emailing is fun.

cheers Stefan

<david.winkler@leonhardlang.at> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Do you need additional software for scanning (for managing
> email-addresses)
> or is it all done on the printer?
>
> For us, the 9050 sounds great, as we need colored scanning and a fax.
>
> Thank you very much for the information!!
>
> cheers, David

david.winkler@leonhardlang.at wrote:
> Do you need additional software for scanning (for managing
> email-addresses)
> or is it all done on the printer?
>
> For us, the 9050 sounds great, as we need colored scanning and a fax.
>
> Thank you very much for the information!!
>
> cheers, David

The LJ9000/9040/9050 don't need additional software for send to e-mail.
The LJ9055/65 need a piece of software called DSS4 (lastest version 4.3).

--
Mushroom