Reinstall windows xp pro

I have Windows xp pro installed on a 80 Gig hard drive which is formatted
with NTFS. Lately I am having lots of problems like some of system tools
defragmenter is not working windows installer is not working. I beleive it is
because I installed SP2 recently when I may had some viruses and every thing
became unstable I then removed SP2. Now I feel I must remove Windows xp
completely but I do not wish to format my hard disk and keep as is. I wish to
keep all my document, media files in tact too. Please help Thanks a million
Satbahadur1

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Satbahadur1" wrote:

| I have Windows xp pro installed on a 80 Gig hard drive which is formatted
| with NTFS. Lately I am having lots of problems like some of system tools
| defragmenter is not working windows installer is not working. I beleive it is
| because I installed SP2 recently when I may had some viruses and every thing
| became unstable I then removed SP2. Now I feel I must remove Windows xp
| completely but I do not wish to format my hard disk and keep as is. I wish to
| keep all my document, media files in tact too. Please help Thanks a million
| Satbahadur1

Before you do a repair install, try Start>Run and type "sfc /scannow" (no
quotes and a space before /).
--
What's another word for synonym?