what are good cheap 5.1 speakers for my dvd player

edzz111

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
hey i am new to 5.1 and i would like any advice on these speakers.i found that the logitech z-5300e(thx certified) and t-6060 from creative are good on pc and they are not reviewed with dvd plyers does this mean they are not good for dvd players or the reviewers just didnt bother

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
my price limit is 150$

Umm for that price I suppose the best option would be the Logitech THX Z-5300e 280 Watts RMS 5.1 Speakers. They normally retail for around $115-140 USD. They will work with your DVD player. In fact they're made to work with many various devices. Only downside is that you'll more then likely need an input to plug them into (like an amp) as I do not believe they come with an optical or composite connector.

Click ME.

halcyon

Splendid
my price limit is 150$

Okay. Will you be connecting these speakers to a PC, Reciever, or are you attempting to plug the DVD player directly into them? Either way, you'll need something with a DD/DDL/DTS decoder. In a PC, you'll need a soundcard that has multi-channel digital passthrough or decoding (i.e., Turtle Beach Montego DDL/Auzentech X-Plosion). The only speakers I know of with a decoder built into them are the Logitech Z-5450/5500, and they're a little above your stated price limit. Anyone, if my information is not correct, please let me know, I don't want to mis-inform.