How to confirm DNS working properly

Dear Experts,

We are having windows 2000 server with active directory
running on SP4 as PDC and another system with windows 2000
SP4 as BDC. I have recently configured a DNS server on
PDC. I want to confirm if the DNS is installed properly on
server. Secondly, what changes to be made at client side?

When we are browsing via our ISA 2000 Server, some times
the pages are not displayed. When we click refresh, it
displays.

Please help.

Regards,
Athar

In news:050401c497f2$f94205f0$a501280a@phx.gbl,
Athar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote their comments
Then Kevin replied below:
> Dear Experts,
>
> We are having windows 2000 server with active directory
> running on SP4 as PDC and another system with windows 2000
> SP4 as BDC. I have recently configured a DNS server on
> PDC. I want to confirm if the DNS is installed properly on
> server. Secondly, what changes to be made at client side?

In Win2k, there is no such thing as a BDC or PDC, there are only DCs there
is a PDC emulator, it is only one of the FSMO roles. In Active Directory,
you should have had DNS all along, AD requires DNS. If you have two DCs, I
suggest you have DNS on both, and you use AD integrated zones. All clients
must only use these two DNS servers for DNS in TCP/IP properties.
I would also recommend you have a Forwarders configured for your DNS
servers, depending on how you have ISA configured you may have use it for
your Forwarder and select "Do not use recursion" on the forwarder tab. I say
depending on how you have ISA configured because your DNS servers may not be
able to reach the root servers through ISA.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

THANKX