DNS Help.

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
September 11, 2004 12:22:17 PM

Hi,

I am new to DNS and would like some information on what
the different zones are and how they work.

Any websites with the information on would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ray

More about : dns

Anonymous
September 11, 2004 3:05:45 PM

In news:061401c49813$1f964980$a501280a@phx.gbl,
ray <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote their comments
Then Kevin replied below:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to DNS and would like some information on what
> the different zones are and how they work.
>
> Any websites with the information on would be appreciated.

Domain Name System (DNS) Center
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows2000/technologies/commu...

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

ray wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to DNS and would like some information on what
> the different zones are and how they work.
>
> Any websites with the information on would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ray

Having googled for "dns zone types", I found -

http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/ch4/

--
Dean Wells [MVP / Directory Services]
MSEtechnology