DNS Help.

Hi,

I am new to DNS and would like some information on what
the different zones are and how they work.

Any websites with the information on would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ray
3 answers Last reply
More about help

    In news:061401c49813$1f964980$a501280a@phx.gbl,
    ray <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote their comments
    Then Kevin replied below:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am new to DNS and would like some information on what
    > the different zones are and how they work.
    >
    > Any websites with the information on would be appreciated.

    Domain Name System (DNS) Center
    http://www.microsoft.com/Windows2000/technologies/communications/dns/default.asp

    --
    Best regards,
    Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

    ray wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am new to DNS and would like some information on what
    > the different zones are and how they work.
    >
    > Any websites with the information on would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Ray

    Having googled for "dns zone types", I found -

    http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/ch4/

    --
    Dean Wells [MVP / Directory Services]
    MSEtechnology

    And another link below. The mapping is:
    W2K3 Zone Type Bind Zone Type
    ------------------- -----------------
    Primary Master
    Secondary Slave
    Conditional Forwarder Forword
    Stub Stub
    Hint Hint

    http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/ch7/zone.html

    --
    William Stacey, MVP

    "ray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am new to DNS and would like some information on what
    > the different zones are and how they work.
    >
    > Any websites with the information on would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Ray

Microsoft DNS Windows