DNS Help.

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

Hi,

I am new to DNS and would like some information on what
the different zones are and how they work.

Any websites with the information on would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ray

In news:061401c49813$1f964980$a501280a@phx.gbl,
ray <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote their comments
Then Kevin replied below:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to DNS and would like some information on what
> the different zones are and how they work.
>
> Any websites with the information on would be appreciated.

Domain Name System (DNS) Center
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows2000/technologies/communications/dns/default.asp

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

ray wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to DNS and would like some information on what
> the different zones are and how they work.
>
> Any websites with the information on would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ray

Having googled for "dns zone types", I found -

http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/ch4/

--
Dean Wells [MVP / Directory Services]
MSEtechnology