can not access https page

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

I have a Win2k DC running DNS and DHCP. When I try to load a https page I
get a dns error. I do not have IIS running; the page I am trying to access
is outside our network. If I go to a workstation and manually put in our DNS
servers (from our ISP) the page loads howver If I push out the same DNS
address by means of DHCP, the page times out. Any ideas???

thanks!
Jason

In news:86B17B23-A11C-4164-A9BB-521460FB6DDE@microsoft.com,
jason <jason@discussions.microsoft.com> made a post then I commented below
> I have a Win2k DC running DNS and DHCP. When I try to load a https
> page I get a dns error. I do not have IIS running; the page I am
> trying to access is outside our network. If I go to a workstation
> and manually put in our DNS servers (from our ISP) the page loads
> howver If I push out the same DNS address by means of DHCP, the page
> times out. Any ideas???
>
> thanks!
> Jason

Are you using a forwarder in DNS? Keep in mind, if you are using AD, keep in
mind, you can't use your ISP's (or any outside DNS server) in your machine
properties or you'll get other errors. Just let the forwarder handle the
outside requests.

Also, we'll need some config info to help. If you can post an unedited
ipconfig /all with the machine set with a static address and an ipconfig
/all with it set to dhcp, that would be great.

--
Regards,
Ace

so all can benefit.