X6800: Running smooth n OC'd

BobaFettm

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
3226 mhz
293 fsb
1173 Bus speed

Two questions now though! I used to always "Barrow" 3dmark... Do I have to "barrow" it again for me to run some stats? or it there a legal copy that is availible to everyone?

second... I've been monitoring the CPU temp from bios and its nice... 113F constant... What would be a good free program to monitor the temp in windows under heavy load?

CPU.jpg

Thanks so much for the help on everything to get this system up and going! :)

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
Nice OC... now get yourself a phase change or Thermo-Electric Watercooling kit and come joing me in the 3.8Ghz realm..:p

Some peeps have hit 5GHz, but most are between 3.7-4.4Ghz using either of the two cooling methods mentioned above.

3DMark is available to everyone on Futuremark's website BTW

BobaFettm

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
awesome! I just grabbed SpeedFan it seems to work great! Gonna bump the CPU up just a bit more! Nothing much... 15% of CPU :) not just 10%...

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
What are you using to test stability?

Best software is HotCPU Tester. It will burn-in for a set amount of time (I normally leave it for 6hrs).

It can test the CPU, memory, chipset etc or any segment of your PC that you would preffer tested.

It's also got an error recovery feature.. so your PC won't lock up if an error is detected. It will then show you where the error came from making it easier for you to diagnose.