Odd DNS Entry - bogusns TXT record

I've searched google groups to no avail. I am relatively new to DNS.
I set up a laptop yesterday. DHCP address assigned was, say, 10.0.0.1.
The laptop no longer has this IP and is, in fact, turned off. But, in
Windows DNS there is no A record entry but there is a TXT record for
this DHCP IP address and it is named bogusns.

Can anyone explain what this entry is?

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about entry bogusns record

    In news:c39dc6d5.0409140855.5392cf98@posting.google.com,
    Janelle <j_edmister@hotmail.com> made a post then I commented below
    > I've searched google groups to no avail. I am relatively new to DNS.
    > I set up a laptop yesterday. DHCP address assigned was, say, 10.0.0.1.
    > The laptop no longer has this IP and is, in fact, turned off. But, in
    > Windows DNS there is no A record entry but there is a TXT record for
    > this DHCP IP address and it is named bogusns.
    >
    > Can anyone explain what this entry is?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Is there anything in the Event log? Is this DNS a mutlihomed machine? What
    OS and service pack level is this?
    Sounds like a problem that happened to BIND servers when they are open to
    attack with a new BIND release back in 1996. Make sure you set "Secure Cache
    against Pollution" under DNS properties.

    --
    Regards,
    Ace

    so all can benefit.