Not sure how to setup the following...

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Currently this works...

http://webmail.domainname.com/exchange

This opens my webmail login page. What I want to do is
make it so...

http://webmail.domainname.com

....automatically opens the url above so users dont have to
remember the /exchange at the end of the URL. Make sense?

I dont host my own DNS servers - use the ones at Verisign
where the domain name is registered, they have all my MX
records, etc for my domains. Can anyone help ?

Thanks.

Dave

In news:21f401c49a87$a0e71de0$a301280a@phx.gbl,
dave <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> made a post then I commented
below
> Currently this works...
>
> http://webmail.domainname.com/exchange
>
> This opens my webmail login page. What I want to do is
> make it so...
>
> http://webmail.domainname.com
>
> ...automatically opens the url above so users dont have to
> remember the /exchange at the end of the URL. Make sense?
>
> I dont host my own DNS servers - use the ones at Verisign
> where the domain name is registered, they have all my MX
> records, etc for my domains. Can anyone help ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dave

You could setup a separate server with IIS installed with that name, and
then redirect that to the /exchange URL. You can't do it on the main default
site, since that may affect OWA functionality.

--
Regards,
Ace

so all can benefit.

and confers no rights.

A lifetime commitment for a pig.
--
=================================

d> I dont host my own DNS servers [...]

Then you'll be glad to know that your situation has nothing whatever to
do with DNS. Go to the manual for your HTTP server, whatever it is, and
read up on how to configure it to publish HTTP redirects.

In news:21f401c49a87$a0e71de0$a301280a@phx.gbl,
dave <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote their comments
Then Kevin replied below:
> Currently this works...
>
> http://webmail.domainname.com/exchange
>
> This opens my webmail login page. What I want to do is
> make it so...
>
> http://webmail.domainname.com
>
> ...automatically opens the url above so users dont have to
> remember the /exchange at the end of the URL. Make sense?

Use the IIS Management console to open the Default Web site, right click on
the Default page (Usually named Default.htm), choose properties. On the File
tab select "Redirection to a URL" type in
http://webmail.domainname.com/exchange/ and click OK.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]