X1900XT or X1950XTX ???

floge03

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
Should I get the Connect3D x1900xt for 289 with XP Home (40 dollars combo savings)

Or wait a couple of weeks and get the x1950xtx.

I don't think that the performance increase is all that great, really what I care about is the noise level, will the connect3d be bearable?

The X1950XT HSF is quieter than the X1900XT's.

But really I'd say the X1900XT and X1950XTX is like night and day, the performance may be 50% better on the XTX, but the price is gonna be about 70-100% more. So if you've got no problem with that and the only thing you care about is sound levels then the X1950XTX would be the one to choose from those two.

Howeer do yourself a favour and look for an HIS X1900XT ICeQ3, if you're looking to save money (otherwise why buy XPHome in a bundle?) then get the HIS IceQ3, which will be as quiet as the X1950XTX.

col-p-todd

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
The launch date has been pushed bat to 14 september.

I was also thinking about getting the X1900XTX too but decided to wait for the X1950XTX even if it is $100+ more.

JollyTime

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
The launch date has been pushed bat to 14 september.

I was also thinking about getting the X1900XTX too but decided to wait for the X1950XTX even if it is $100+ more.

What sources do you have for the date? Xtremesystems.org, or someone else?

floge03

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
i just saw a chart, which makes the HIS x1900xt look like a waste (although it was for the x1900xtx's (found on anandtech.com)

Graphics Card dbl level

PowerColor X1900 XT 52.0
Sapphire X1900 XT 49.6
Sapphire X1900 XTX 50.2
GeCube X1900 XTX 51.4
HIS X1900 XTX 49.5

i just saw a chart, which makes the HIS x1900xt look like a waste (although it was for the x1900xtx's (found on anandtech.com)

First of all I wouldn't trust Anandtech. :roll:

Second double check if it's the standard version or the IceQ3 I specifically mentioned, the standard is based on the older IceQ2 style HSF that became the reference ATi cooler, so no different than the rest, but the IceQ3 is the cooler that basically is what the X1950XTX cooler is based on. I bet they benched the standard version version;

http://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.aspx?articleid=834&cid=2
The fan and shroud used on the IceQ3 is also different than ATI's stock design. The IceQ3 features bi-directional air in-take channels, where cool air is drawn in from both sides of the fan, improving air flow. And the fan itself is also much quieter than the stock model at <20db.

The difference;

Standard
http://www.hisdigital.com/html/product_ov.php?id=217&view=yes

IceQ3
http://www.hisdigital.com/html/product_ov.php?id=226&view=yes

EDIT hotwardware link to article, cut and past didn't work, D'oh! Works now though.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/342/

They clock between 42 and 44 db next to open case, sure not 'quiet' persay, but definitely within HIS' stated -5/-5 target of 5C cooler and 5db quieter than the reference ATi design.

bordy

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
I personnaly bought a X1900XT (but they shipped me an XTX) because I'm planning to buy a high-end DX10 card in a year or in a year in a half...

X1900XT is more than enough for every games except if you play in high resolution (21''+)...

I'm using a 19'' ViewSonic VX922 so my X1900XTX works tremendously well. :)

cloud_strife

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
The only difference between the x1900 xt and the x1950 xtx would be that the x1950 xtx has 2.0ghz GDDR4 memory.So performance increase will be there but not by a lot.The core clocks are identical for a x1950 xtx and a x1900 xt.
but the ggdr4 memory at 2 ghz consumes less power than gddr3 at 1300-1500.
And rumours are ATI will be pricing the x1950 aggressively with release prices starting @$400.

The core clocks are identical for a x1950 xtx and a x1900 xt.

Where did you read that? Everything I've been seeing has it's core clocked at at least X1900XTX speeds not X1900XT;

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=3727
http://www.3dcenter.de/artikel/2006/08-13.php
http://www.rojakpot.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=88

As for the memory, I guess the benifit depends on whether the game and situation is memory limited. It would likely help in their battle with the GX2 at high resolution and high AA.

Well enjoy it, solid card.

People drag up old threads all the time, heck we had that 6 year old 3Dfx thread just a few days ago.

If you want you can contact a mod and lock it, but that seems like more effort than it's worth.

Oh BTW, notice the release/launch date is back on track but they don't expect their to be stock (paper launch :roll: ) so probably a wise choice, but who knows what's accurate anymore;

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/WTF-Paper-Launch-X1950-ftopict196626.html

x1900xtcooler

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2006

First of all I wouldn't trust Anandtech. :roll:

Why not? dont just say things like this without providing facts :roll:

x1900xtcooler

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2006

Graphics Card dbl level

PowerColor X1900 XT 52.0
Sapphire X1900 XT 49.6
Sapphire X1900 XTX 50.2
GeCube X1900 XTX 51.4
HIS X1900 XTX 49.5

Well damn the HIS is about as loud as the stock coolers :lol: what a pos :roll:

floge03

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
NO.. it was a plain error on my part

That is the regular stock HIS x1900xt.. not the HIS x1900xt IceQ3

The IceQ3 is the one I got, but im still not sure how much quieter it is... anyone have an article?

x1900xtcooler

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2006

The IceQ3 is the one I got, but im still not sure how much quieter it is... anyone have an article?

Well even so it should still be a lot quiter than the stock fan since its an alternative cooling solution. The noise by far is the biggest complaint people have with the stock cooling unit.

IcY18

Distinguished
May 1, 2006

Well even so it should still be a lot quiter than the stock fan since its an alternative cooling solution. The noise by far is the biggest complaint people have with the stock cooling unit.

what he is saying is that it IS the stock fan, not the alternative IceQ 3 version...

Why not? dont just say things like this without providing facts :roll:

I have, many times before, perhaps you should do your own reasearch.

Mighta helped you avoid many easy mistakes like Anand makes rushing to post, perhaps avoid one like this;

Well damn the HIS is about as loud as the stock coolers

Well damn, like I said reference ATi cooler, no different than the rest. IceQ3 is the different cooler which I thought you'd know by now with all your talk about it in the other thread. :roll:

x1900xtcooler

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah thats really proving your point to me about anandtech :roll: give the facts or shut up. Its a lame ass excuse to say you have done it many times before and yet you cant do it now :roll:

As many times as I have owned your ass I think its obvious who has done research and who hasnt.

Yeah thats really proving your point to me about anandtech :roll: give the facts or shut up.

I gave the facts, like I did in this thread. Who the faq are you other than some whiney little boy who can't figure out the difference between stock and specialized cooler, you screwed up, so you STFU! :roll:

Its a lame ass excuse to say you have done it many times before and yet you cant do it now :roll:

I CAN do it now, but don't NEED to do it now, as Stranger pointed out I've done it before, so YOU do YOUR own research because it's apparent you can't do it for yourself, and me having to point things out to you shows you're really st00pid. GO find it yourself with your so called 1337 skillz, or can't you do even that, only thing you seem to be able to do is be contrary, with nothing to add.

As many times as I have owned your ass I think its obvious who has done research and who hasnt.

You haven't owned anything, and the fact that you falsley think that shows even clearer you don't know WTF is going on, making more BS statements like your one above.

In this thread you've be pwnt and rolld n00b!
ownedvs0.gif

x1900xtcooler

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah thats really proving your point to me about anandtech :roll: give the facts or shut up.

I gave the facts, like I did in this thread. Who the faq are you other than some whiney little boy who can't figure out the difference between stock and specialized cooler, you screwed up, so you STFU! :roll:

Its a lame ass excuse to say you have done it many times before and yet you cant do it now :roll:

I CAN do it now, but don't NEED to do it now, as Stranger pointed out I've done it before, so YOU do YOUR own research because it's apparent you can't do it for yourself, and me having to point things out to you shows you're really st00pid. GO find it yourself with your so called 1337 skillz, or can't you do even that, only thing you seem to be able to do is be contrary, with nothing to add.

You haven't owned anything, and the fact that you falsley think that shows even clearer you don't know WTF is going on, making more BS statements like your one above.

In this thread you've be pwnt and rolld n00b!
ownedvs0.gif

Dude serisously just STFU already you dumb little immature bitch. You have given no facts whatsoever about anything you have talked about other than your own stupid fukin biased opinions that are not worth a shit.
You and Strangstranger and the rest of your little dumb fuk fan club can have fun sucking each other off and butt fuking each other everytime you get half the chance.

Seriously if I ever get the chance to meet any of you in person I will beat the fuking living shit out of each and every one of you. :twisted: