DNS Resolution in a DMZ

I'm trying to join a server to a domain from a NATd subnet in a DMZ. However
because of the NAT the DNS lookup is resolving to the real IP address of the
DC's when looking for SRV records. Has anyone got a work around for this
that does not require RRAS or ISA Server?
Thanks
Dave
1 answer Last reply
More about resolution

    In news:uqBRqZymEHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    Dave Turner <davet@logic.bm> made a post then I commented below
    > I'm trying to join a server to a domain from a NATd subnet in a DMZ.
    > However because of the NAT the DNS lookup is resolving to the real IP
    > address of the DC's when looking for SRV records. Has anyone got a
    > work around for this that does not require RRAS or ISA Server?
    > Thanks
    > Dave

    Unfortunately, domain communication cannot traverse a NAT device, due to RPC
    and Kerberos traffic. The best bet is to use a VPN. One other way I;ve seen
    this done is to use dual cards on the machine in the DMZ where one of the
    cards is connected to the internal subnet. Put that on the top of the
    binding order, and specify the internal private IP of the DNS server on both
    cards. THis member server will still resolve external names due to your
    internal DNS forwarding to the Internet for outside resolution (if setup by
    the 'best practices' method).

    --
    Regards,
    Ace