How to delete Windows XP update icon next to clock?

When I got a Windows XP update icon in the task bar next to the clock and I
didn't wish to install one of these updates, I am left with a yellow shield
icon there which with mouse reads "Updates are ready for your computer.
Click here to download these updates." How do I get rid of this icon?
5 answers Last reply
More about delete windows update icon clock

    "Freddo" <homealone@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >When I got a Windows XP update icon in the task bar next to the clock and I
    >didn't wish to install one of these updates, I am left with a yellow shield
    >icon there which with mouse reads "Updates are ready for your computer.
    >Click here to download these updates." How do I get rid of this icon?

    Disable the Automatic Updates feature in the Control Panel > System >
    Automatic Updates. Note: this is not recommended.

    --
    (tm)

    "Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
    > "Freddo" <homealone@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>When I got a Windows XP update icon in the task bar next to the clock and
    >>didn't wish to install one of these updates, I am left with a yellow
    >>shield
    >>icon there which with mouse reads "Updates are ready for your computer.
    >>Click here to download these updates." How do I get rid of this icon?
    >
    > Disable the Automatic Updates feature in the Control Panel > System >
    > Automatic Updates. Note: this is not recommended.
    >
    > --
    > (tm)

    Thank you, I actually found a 'don't show again' dialogue box to cease the
    reminder. No I won't disable auto updates.

    "Freddo" <homealone@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Thank you, I actually found a 'don't show again' dialogue box to cease the
    >reminder. No I won't disable auto updates.

    You are welcome.

    --
    (tm)
  4. Quote:

    "Freddo" <homealone@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Thank you, I actually found a 'don't show again' dialogue box to cease the
    >reminder. No I won't disable auto updates.

    You are welcome.

    --
    (tm)

    Hi Freddo: I will write you at the address, but just in case you want to post details, where did you find the dialogue box to disable the yellow shield but not interrupt the updates?

    Thanks,

    bobbitz@yahoo.com
  5. 1) Did you read the date of that post?
    2) Posting your email address to a public forum isn't a good idea, unless you like large quantities of SPAM.

Windows XP