fingers

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004

Hi

bit of a newbie on XP but can't find anywhere in help for this problem - my
XP setup has suddenly decided to put the description of my desktop icons
within a box - yet on my wifes log on her's still only show the text! How
can I get mine back to showing just text?

Thanking all in anticipation

psft

Right click My Computer / Properties. Go to the Advanced tab then click on
the Settings button under Performance. Make sure there is a check mark next
to "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop".

Hope this helps!
S.

"Fingers" wrote:

> Hi
>
> bit of a newbie on XP but can't find anywhere in help for this problem - my
> XP setup has suddenly decided to put the description of my desktop icons
> within a box - yet on my wifes log on her's still only show the text! How
> can I get mine back to showing just text?
>
> Thanking all in anticipation
>
> psft

fingers

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004

Looked at that & it is ticked!

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 23:12:21 +0100, Fingers wrote:

> Looked at that & it is ticked!

Right click the desktop. Select Properties, then Arrange Icons by. In the
next flyout menu, uncheck "Lock Web Items..."

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

fingers

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004

Hi Sharon

Done the trick - many thanks

Fingers

> On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 23:12:21 +0100, Fingers wrote:
>
> > Looked at that & it is ticked!
> >

> Right click the desktop. Select Properties, then Arrange Icons by. In the
> next flyout menu, uncheck "Lock Web Items..."
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

TRENDING THREADS