bumblebee13

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
This is a question for anyone who has an antec P180 - do any of you know how to 'carefully' take out the plastic drive bay covers and plate covers? I've allready tried to do so with my floppy and somehow got out the plastic one after ages of pulling and tugging and as for the metal bit behind that i only got that bit out by breaking it i think 8O (bending it back and forth before it snapped)....

Now i'm about to put in the DVD drive i was wondering if anyone knows how to do this properly as the antec instruction manual is useless for this, thanks.

Oldguy

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004
the metal plate are supposed to be worked off the way you described. If you can remove one of the plates, the covers are very firmly latched in and are easer to remove by squeezing the tabs from the inside. If that sounds like a PITA, in point of fact, it is. Next PITA is routing the power cables through the sliding door at the bottom, assuming you don't have to temporarily remove the plastic housings to fit in an microscopically longer than standard, ps followed by the biggest PITA which you will encounter if you are using a high end PCIE video card which has a tendency to touch the case fan assembly which then requires you to relocate the fan to one of the many conveniently placed alternative locations which usually means relocting one of your already installed drives to one of the conveniently supplied alternative drive bays.

Having ranted about all that, I absolutely LOVE the case for its compartmented airflow and the ability to install the drives in the back (although you mave have get some longer SATA cables and power extenders) At the end of the day it is cool, quiet and looks good.

sluzbenik

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2006
Yeah that case has its drawbacks...

How did you get your video card to touch the upper case fan? My 1900xt is nowhere near it.

If you get a modular power supply, that might be easier, then again, maybe not. With an Enermax modular I only ran two "power strands" since each strand has molex and SATA plugs...But since I was an idiot and didn't mount one other hard drive at first I had to undo everything to get it in. Why couldn't they have had the holes for the bottom compartment on the left side of the case instead of the right?

You have to plan ahead with this case...and if you change something be prepared for a good 30 minutes redoing everything.

TRENDING THREADS