e6600 + ??? Mobo with onboard graphics

rezident

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2004
So I don't have the cashish to get the 7950, and my current video card is AGP. Is there a GOOD P975 motherboard that has onboard video that I can use for a month or two while I save money to get the uber vid card?

My current system died and I decided to go core 2 duo with the E6600. It's being shipped as I type this :) I'll be ordering the rest (minus video card) friday when the paycheck fairy comes. (Minus the video card) So what motherboard out there has a half decent IGP, with all the bells & whistles of the P975x

Please help a brotha out!??

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
You could look for a board with an IGP but you'd pay for it later. If you can wait out, wait out.

Plus, I'm fairly certain you won't find a 975 board with an IGP, but I could be wrong.

I really doubt there will ever be a 975X mobo with integrated graphics. After all, the 975X is geared towards the enthusiast crowd, and we all know how most enthusiasts feels about IGP. Generally people in the enthusiast crowd can afford to buy a discrete GPU.

I could be wrong, but the two motherboards suggested by Heyyou27 will probably be compatible with the E6300 and E6400.

I hope you didn't pay a premium for the E6600 because if you really want an uber GPU then you won't be using your PC until you can afford to by the 7950GX2.

306maxi

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
So I don't have the cashish to get the 7950, and my current video card is AGP. Is there a GOOD P975 motherboard that has onboard video that I can use for a month or two while I save money to get the uber vid card?

My current system died and I decided to go core 2 duo with the E6600. It's being shipped as I type this :) I'll be ordering the rest (minus video card) friday when the paycheck fairy comes. (Minus the video card) So what motherboard out there has a half decent IGP, with all the bells & whistles of the P975x

Please help a brotha out!??

Why not buy an X300 or something cheap and crappy?