Surfing internet stops occasionally - probably due to DNS ..

I am running win2000 on a single computer at home. When I surf the net
occasionally I get an error message in the browser, and I can't connect to
any host names.
If this happens I have to reboot the pc to get internet working again.

Does anyone have any clues to why this happens and hopefully how to solve
this?

Regards

Qtip/Norway

In news:Y204d.8353$WW4.129167@news4.e.nsc.no,
Simen Løland <simenloe@online.no> made a post then I commented below
> I am running win2000 on a single computer at home. When I surf the net
> occasionally I get an error message in the browser, and I can't
> connect to any host names.
> If this happens I have to reboot the pc to get internet working again.
>
> Does anyone have any clues to why this happens and hopefully how to
> solve this?
>
> Regards
>
> Qtip/Norway

What the browser error?
Do you have an AD infrastructure? If so, are you only using your internal
DNS for resolution and properly using forwarding for outside resolution?

Please provide an ipconfig /all of the client machine along with the browser
error. It will better help knowing a little config info to diagnose this.

--
Regards,
Ace

so all can benefit.