Rollover

mgg

Is there a way to check what's in your rollover "bank?" Since they
redesigned the website, it seems to be non-existent. I don't want to sound
like a pessimist, but it's like they don't want you to know how many so you
can't track it.

Thanks,

--Mike

In <zyDid.4867$zx1.2359@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com> on Fri, 05 Nov 2004
04:44:15 GMT, "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote:

>Is there a way to check what's in your rollover "bank?" Since they
>redesigned the website, it seems to be non-existent. I don't want to sound
>like a pessimist, but it's like they don't want you to know how many so you
>can't track it.

Never assume serious intent when the problem is more easily explained as a
screwup. ;-)

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 04:44:15 GMT, "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote:

>Is there a way to check what's in your rollover "bank?" Since they
>redesigned the website, it seems to be non-existent. I don't want to sound
>like a pessimist, but it's like they don't want you to know how many so you
>can't track it.
>
>Thanks,
>
>--Mike

I usually dial *646# and wait a few seconds for the message.

In article <zyDid.4867$zx1.2359@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
"mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Is there a way to check what's in your rollover "bank?" Since they
> redesigned the website, it seems to be non-existent. I don't want to sound
> like a pessimist, but it's like they don't want you to know how many so you
> can't track it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Mike

You are 100% correct.

2 ways to check
1. - Call 611 and convince a CSR to tell you, or

2. wait for your monthly Bill and it will be there.

In article <v4tmo096mo7j7apgi97g210rrkbfin7jp3@4ax.com>,
Rick Ramey <rickramey@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 04:44:15 GMT, "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
> >Is there a way to check what's in your rollover "bank?" Since they
> >redesigned the website, it seems to be non-existent. I don't want to sound
> >like a pessimist, but it's like they don't want you to know how many so you
> >can't track it.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >--Mike
> >

> I usually dial *646# and wait a few seconds for the message.

That assumes your phone receives messages, I had that feature turned
off, not wanting to pay for SPAM.

*646# will currently give you misleading incorrect information, as it
does not subtract out Free Mobile to Mobile Minutes any longer (for
about a month now), if you call and ask, they have been saying "We're
aware of it, it'll be fixed in 2 weeks"; except two weeks is now FOUR.

>Is there a way to check what's in your rollover "bank?"

Look at your "Bill" and it is on there - no other way that I have found. You
CAN look at your bill online so it shouldn't be that hard to determine your
"bank".

--
John S.

In article <20041105132613.06709.00000118@mb-m15.aol.com>,
sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote:

> >Is there a way to check what's in your rollover "bank?"
>
> Look at your "Bill" and it is on there - no other way that I have found. You
> CAN look at your bill online so it shouldn't be that hard to determine your
> "bank".

Yes you can download your bill from onliune, but thats 1 to 5 weeks out
of date.

In <jzwick3-6003EB.06584005112004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Fri, 05 Nov
2004 12:58:39 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>That assumes your phone receives messages, I had that feature turned
>off, not wanting to pay for SPAM.

I don't get any SMS spam.

> In <jzwick3-6003EB.06584005112004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Fri, 05 Nov
> 2004 12:58:39 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>>That assumes your phone receives messages, I had that feature turned
>>off, not wanting to pay for SPAM.
>
> I don't get any SMS spam.

I don't either, wouldn't you have to sign up for some
service and give out your info, for a spammer to have
the number to send spam? (kind of like e-mail, spam
comes to those who give out their e-mail)

I have yet to see messaging spam, and have had
text enabled phones for four years.

Bernard

Scott

I just switched from SPRINTPCS to AT&T, With sprint I received two
spam SMS in the four years I was with them. With AT&T I have been
with for almost two weeks, I have received two spam SMS (I ported over
my number).

I hope it does not keep up but I would think that spamers are
targetting certain services mroe than others or they have different
levels of spam control.

In article <5%Rid.34$bH2.7@trnddc09>,
"Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote:

> "John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
> > [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
> >
> > In <jzwick3-6003EB.06584005112004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Fri, 05 Nov
> > 2004 12:58:39 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:
> >
> >>That assumes your phone receives messages, I had that feature turned
> >>off, not wanting to pay for SPAM.
> >
> > I don't get any SMS spam.
>
> I don't either, wouldn't you have to sign up for some
> service and give out your info, for a spammer to have
> the number to send spam? (kind of like e-mail, spam
> comes to those who give out their e-mail)
>
> I have yet to see messaging spam, and have had
> text enabled phones for four years.

Then you sir are lucky, but please don't generalize your luck to the
rest of the free world.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam.reut/

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:31:12 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>In article <5%Rid.34$bH2.7@trnddc09>,
> "Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote:
>

>> "John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
>> > [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

>> > I don't get any SMS spam.
>>
>> I don't either, wouldn't you have to sign up for some
>> service and give out your info, for a spammer to have
>> the number to send spam? (kind of like e-mail, spam
>> comes to those who give out their e-mail)
>>
>> I have yet to see messaging spam, and have had
>> text enabled phones for four years.
>
>Then you sir are lucky, but please don't generalize your luck to the
>rest of the free world.
>
>http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam.reut/

Guess I'm lucky too then. Either that or you are unlucky. Either way,
Navas will probably send me an email asking me to knock this off.
--------
And so it was that later
as the miller told his tale
that her face, at first just ghostly,
turned a whiter shade of pale
--------

In article <7jsno0po2390n9df3d2iod8ddr21tfvpbu@4ax.com>,
RickRamey <rickramey@nospambellsouth.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:31:12 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <5%Rid.34$bH2.7@trnddc09>,
> > "Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote:
> >

> >> "John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message

> >> I don't either, wouldn't you have to sign up for some
> >> service and give out your info, for a spammer to have
> >> the number to send spam? (kind of like e-mail, spam
> >> comes to those who give out their e-mail)
> >>
> >> I have yet to see messaging spam, and have had
> >> text enabled phones for four years.
> >
> >Then you sir are lucky, but please don't generalize your luck to the
> >rest of the free world.
> >
> >http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam.reut/

> Guess I'm lucky too then. Either that or you are unlucky. Either way,
> Navas will probably send me an email asking me to knock this off.

Maybe, but Anecdotal evidence from individuals who do or don't get
messaging SPAM (which may or may nor be SMS) proves zero.

Anyone with more system-wide evidence to the extent of such Spam should
now contribute, the fact that CNN covered it earlier this year, means
its hardly isolated, although so far less common stateside than in
Europe or Asia.

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 22:00:44 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>In article <7jsno0po2390n9df3d2iod8ddr21tfvpbu@4ax.com>,
> RickRamey <rickramey@nospambellsouth.net> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:31:12 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
>> wrote:

>> >Then you sir are lucky, but please don't generalize your luck to the
>> >rest of the free world.
>> >
>> >http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam.reut/
>
>> Guess I'm lucky too then. Either that or you are unlucky. Either way,
>> Navas will probably send me an email asking me to knock this off.
>>
>Maybe, but Anecdotal evidence from individuals who do or don't get
>messaging SPAM (which may or may nor be SMS) proves zero.

I agree, I was just saying I've never had a problem with it, which is
why I use it. I guess if I had the problems you've had I'd be wary and
try to warn others as well.

--------

"RickRamey" <rickramey@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message
| On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 22:00:44 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
| wrote:
|
| >In article <7jsno0po2390n9df3d2iod8ddr21tfvpbu@4ax.com>,
| > RickRamey <rickramey@nospambellsouth.net> wrote:

Fri, 05

| >> Guess I'm lucky too then. Either that or you are unlucky. Either way,
| >> Navas will probably send me an email asking me to knock this off.
| >>
| >Maybe, but Anecdotal evidence from individuals who do or don't get
| >messaging SPAM (which may or may nor be SMS) proves zero.
|
| I agree, I was just saying I've never had a problem with it, which is
| why I use it. I guess if I had the problems you've had I'd be wary and
| try to warn others as well.

0 SPAM here also. I have been using txt messaging and the like for 3 years
now and have yet to get a single SPAM from anyone.

mgg

Thanks, but that was no help at all.

--Mike

In article <r%Sid.42259$Tq1.12089@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
"Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:

> 0 SPAM here also. I have been using txt messaging and the like for 3 years
> now and have yet to get a single SPAM from anyone.

Wonderful, we're now up to 3 out of 46 million with no text spam. And
that proves what?

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam.reut/

discusses others have different experiences.

| In article <r%Sid.42259$Tq1.12089@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
| "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:
|

| > 0 SPAM here also. I have been using txt messaging and the like for 3
years
| > now and have yet to get a single SPAM from anyone.
|
| Wonderful, we're now up to 3 out of 46 million with no text spam. And
| that proves what?
|
| http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam.reut/
|
| discusses others have different experiences.

Sorry to have riled you. I was just sharing my experience. I thought you and
John were merely having a pissing conest, but apparently you really are just
an ignorant a$$ who does nothing but troll. Oh well.

>Yes you can download your bill from onliune, but thats 1 to 5 weeks out
>of date.

There is no way to have a rolling "rollover" figure. It is hard enough for them
to simply have an ongoing usage figure. And even with that, they do have a
disclaimer that the numbers may not be correct.

So, each month at the billing cycle, the Rollover minutes are calculated and
added to or taken from. This is then reflected on the bill.

Keep in mind that as each month progresses rollover minutes are not added to or
subtracted from until the billing date when they know how many minutes and
which direction that number needs to go.

--
John S.

In <jzwick3-64333E.16592305112004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Fri, 05 Nov
2004 22:59:23 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>In article <r%Sid.42259$Tq1.12089@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
> "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:
>

>> 0 SPAM here also. I have been using txt messaging and the like for 3 years
>> now and have yet to get a single SPAM from anyone.
>
>Wonderful, we're now up to 3 out of 46 million with no text spam.

And 0 with.

>And
>that proves what?

Thus far the no's have it.

In article <20041105185119.21876.00000125@mb-m14.aol.com>,
sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote:

> >Yes you can download your bill from onliune, but thats 1 to 5 weeks out
> >of date.
> >

> There is no way to have a rolling "rollover" figure. It is hard enough for
> them
> to simply have an ongoing usage figure. And even with that, they do have a
> disclaimer that the numbers may not be correct.

Strange, until a month ago it was available online under "My Account".
Now banked rollover minutes don't show at all on the web.

In article <ZWVid.43954$Tq1.19410@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
"Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:

> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> | In article <r%Sid.42259$Tq1.12089@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
> | "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:
> |

> | > 0 SPAM here also. I have been using txt messaging and the like for 3
> years
> | > now and have yet to get a single SPAM from anyone.
> |
> | Wonderful, we're now up to 3 out of 46 million with no text spam. And
> | that proves what?
> |
> | http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam.reut/
> |
> | discusses others have different experiences.
>
> Sorry to have riled you. I was just sharing my experience. I thought you and
> John were merely having a pissing conest, but apparently you really are just
> an ignorant a$$ who does nothing but troll. Oh well.

Proven wrong so you have to insult?? You sir are the troll.

| In article <ZWVid.43954$Tq1.19410@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
| "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:
|

| > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
| > | In article <r%Sid.42259$Tq1.12089@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
| > | "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:
| > |

| > years
| > |
| > | Wonderful, we're now up to 3 out of 46 million with no text spam. And
| > | that proves what?
| > |
| > | http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam.reut/
| > |
| > | discusses others have different experiences.
| >
| > Sorry to have riled you. I was just sharing my experience. I thought you
and
| > John were merely having a pissing conest, but apparently you really are
just
| > an ignorant a$$ who does nothing but troll. Oh well.
|
| Proven wrong so you have to insult?? You sir are the troll.

Umm proven wrong? How could I possibly be wrong just sharing that I have had
0 SPAM. I was arguing that it wasn't a problem, nor was I questioning your
authority, I simply shared that I had received 0 SPAM and you got all pissy.
Troll away, welcome to kill file.

"Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote in message

| "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
|| In article <ZWVid.43954$Tq1.19410@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
|| "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:
|| >
|| > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
|| > |

|| > years
|| > |
|| > |

|| > Sorry to have riled you. I was just sharing my experience. I thought
you
| and
|| > John were merely having a pissing conest, but apparently you really are
| just
|| > an ignorant a$$ who does nothing but troll. Oh well.
|| Proven wrong so you have to insult?? You sir are the troll.
|
| Umm proven wrong? How could I possibly be wrong just sharing that I have
had
| 0 SPAM. I was arguing that it wasn't a problem, nor was I questioning
your
| authority, I simply shared that I had received 0 SPAM and you got all
pissy.
| Troll away, welcome to kill file.

Oh, maybe when I left my phone at your Mother's house that night after she
got done blowing me you saw an SMS you thought to be SPAM. I guess that
would be the only way you may have thought I received SPAM.

In article <hm9oo09at4bhgieq41hj7aolss8favh7lt@4ax.com>,
Scott <Refused@Refused.com> wrote:

> I just switched from SPRINTPCS to AT&T, With sprint I received two
> spam SMS in the four years I was with them. With AT&T I have been
> with for almost two weeks, I have received two spam SMS (I ported over
> my number).
>
> I hope it does not keep up but I would think that spamers are
> targetting certain services mroe than others or they have different
> levels of spam control.

Message spam will only grow exponentially. With Cingular not providing a
solution, I found one, have Cingular turn off all messaging.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam.reut/

P.S. Now we're at 3 no Spam, 2 with spam. Still proves zip.