Rollover

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
November 5, 2004 7:44:15 AM

Is there a way to check what's in your rollover "bank?" Since they
redesigned the website, it seems to be non-existent. I don't want to sound
like a pessimist, but it's like they don't want you to know how many so you
can't track it.

Thanks,

--Mike

More about : rollover

Anonymous
November 5, 2004 8:32:37 AM

In <zyDid.4867$zx1.2359@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com> on Fri, 05 Nov 2004
04:44:15 GMT, "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote:

>Is there a way to check what's in your rollover "bank?" Since they
>redesigned the website, it seems to be non-existent. I don't want to sound
>like a pessimist, but it's like they don't want you to know how many so you
>can't track it.

Never assume serious intent when the problem is more easily explained as a
screwup. ;-)

November 5, 2004 9:40:36 AM

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 04:44:15 GMT, "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote:

>Is there a way to check what's in your rollover "bank?" Since they
>redesigned the website, it seems to be non-existent. I don't want to sound
>like a pessimist, but it's like they don't want you to know how many so you
>can't track it.
>
>Thanks,
>
>--Mike

I usually dial *646# and wait a few seconds for the message.
November 5, 2004 11:58:53 AM

In article <zyDid.4867$zx1.2359@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
"mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Is there a way to check what's in your rollover "bank?" Since they
> redesigned the website, it seems to be non-existent. I don't want to sound
> like a pessimist, but it's like they don't want you to know how many so you
> can't track it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Mike

You are 100% correct.

2 ways to check
1. - Call 611 and convince a CSR to tell you, or

2. wait for your monthly Bill and it will be there.
Anonymous
November 5, 2004 3:58:39 PM

In article <v4tmo096mo7j7apgi97g210rrkbfin7jp3@4ax.com>,
Rick Ramey <rickramey@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 04:44:15 GMT, "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
> >Is there a way to check what's in your rollover "bank?" Since they
> >redesigned the website, it seems to be non-existent. I don't want to sound
> >like a pessimist, but it's like they don't want you to know how many so you
> >can't track it.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >--Mike
> >

> I usually dial *646# and wait a few seconds for the message.

That assumes your phone receives messages, I had that feature turned
off, not wanting to pay for SPAM.

*646# will currently give you misleading incorrect information, as it
does not subtract out Free Mobile to Mobile Minutes any longer (for
about a month now), if you call and ask, they have been saying "We're
aware of it, it'll be fixed in 2 weeks"; except two weeks is now FOUR.
Anonymous
November 5, 2004 9:26:13 PM

>Is there a way to check what's in your rollover "bank?"

Look at your "Bill" and it is on there - no other way that I have found. You
CAN look at your bill online so it shouldn't be that hard to determine your
"bank".

--
John S.
November 5, 2004 9:46:52 PM

In article <20041105132613.06709.00000118@mb-m15.aol.com>,
sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote:

> >Is there a way to check what's in your rollover "bank?"
>
> Look at your "Bill" and it is on there - no other way that I have found. You
> CAN look at your bill online so it shouldn't be that hard to determine your
> "bank".

Yes you can download your bill from onliune, but thats 1 to 5 weeks out
of date.
Anonymous
November 5, 2004 11:55:42 PM

In <jzwick3-6003EB.06584005112004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Fri, 05 Nov
2004 12:58:39 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>That assumes your phone receives messages, I had that feature turned
>off, not wanting to pay for SPAM.

I don't get any SMS spam.

November 6, 2004 12:10:25 AM

> In <jzwick3-6003EB.06584005112004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Fri, 05 Nov
> 2004 12:58:39 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>>That assumes your phone receives messages, I had that feature turned
>>off, not wanting to pay for SPAM.
>
> I don't get any SMS spam.

I don't either, wouldn't you have to sign up for some
service and give out your info, for a spammer to have
the number to send spam? (kind of like e-mail, spam
comes to those who give out their e-mail)

I have yet to see messaging spam, and have had
text enabled phones for four years.

Bernard
November 6, 2004 12:10:26 AM

I just switched from SPRINTPCS to AT&T, With sprint I received two
spam SMS in the four years I was with them. With AT&T I have been
with for almost two weeks, I have received two spam SMS (I ported over
my number).

I hope it does not keep up but I would think that spamers are
targetting certain services mroe than others or they have different
levels of spam control.

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:10:25 GMT, "Bernard Farquart"
<bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote:

>> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>>
>> In <jzwick3-6003EB.06584005112004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Fri, 05 Nov
>> 2004 12:58:39 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:
>>
>>>That assumes your phone receives messages, I had that feature turned
>>>off, not wanting to pay for SPAM.
>>
>> I don't get any SMS spam.
>
>I don't either, wouldn't you have to sign up for some
>service and give out your info, for a spammer to have
>the number to send spam? (kind of like e-mail, spam
>comes to those who give out their e-mail)
>
>I have yet to see messaging spam, and have had
>text enabled phones for four years.
>
>Bernard

Anonymous
November 6, 2004 12:31:12 AM

In article <5%Rid.34$bH2.7@trnddc09>,
"Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote:

> "John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
> > [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
> >
> > In <jzwick3-6003EB.06584005112004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Fri, 05 Nov
> > 2004 12:58:39 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:
> >
> >>That assumes your phone receives messages, I had that feature turned
> >>off, not wanting to pay for SPAM.
> >
> > I don't get any SMS spam.
>
> I don't either, wouldn't you have to sign up for some
> service and give out your info, for a spammer to have
> the number to send spam? (kind of like e-mail, spam
> comes to those who give out their e-mail)
>
> I have yet to see messaging spam, and have had
> text enabled phones for four years.

Then you sir are lucky, but please don't generalize your luck to the
rest of the free world.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam...
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 12:31:13 AM

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:31:12 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>In article <5%Rid.34$bH2.7@trnddc09>,
> "Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote:
>

>> "John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
>> > [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

>> > I don't get any SMS spam.
>>
>> I don't either, wouldn't you have to sign up for some
>> service and give out your info, for a spammer to have
>> the number to send spam? (kind of like e-mail, spam
>> comes to those who give out their e-mail)
>>
>> I have yet to see messaging spam, and have had
>> text enabled phones for four years.
>
>Then you sir are lucky, but please don't generalize your luck to the
>rest of the free world.
>
>http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam...

Guess I'm lucky too then. Either that or you are unlucky. Either way,
Navas will probably send me an email asking me to knock this off.
--------
And so it was that later
as the miller told his tale
that her face, at first just ghostly,
turned a whiter shade of pale
--------
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 1:00:44 AM

In article <7jsno0po2390n9df3d2iod8ddr21tfvpbu@4ax.com>,
RickRamey <rickramey@nospambellsouth.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:31:12 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <5%Rid.34$bH2.7@trnddc09>,
> > "Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote:
> >

> >> "John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message

> >> I don't either, wouldn't you have to sign up for some
> >> service and give out your info, for a spammer to have
> >> the number to send spam? (kind of like e-mail, spam
> >> comes to those who give out their e-mail)
> >>
> >> I have yet to see messaging spam, and have had
> >> text enabled phones for four years.
> >
> >Then you sir are lucky, but please don't generalize your luck to the
> >rest of the free world.
> >
> >http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam...

> Guess I'm lucky too then. Either that or you are unlucky. Either way,
> Navas will probably send me an email asking me to knock this off.

Maybe, but Anecdotal evidence from individuals who do or don't get
messaging SPAM (which may or may nor be SMS) proves zero.

Anyone with more system-wide evidence to the extent of such Spam should
now contribute, the fact that CNN covered it earlier this year, means
its hardly isolated, although so far less common stateside than in
Europe or Asia.
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 1:00:45 AM

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 22:00:44 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>In article <7jsno0po2390n9df3d2iod8ddr21tfvpbu@4ax.com>,
> RickRamey <rickramey@nospambellsouth.net> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:31:12 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
>> wrote:

>> >Then you sir are lucky, but please don't generalize your luck to the
>> >rest of the free world.
>> >
>> >http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam...
>
>> Guess I'm lucky too then. Either that or you are unlucky. Either way,
>> Navas will probably send me an email asking me to knock this off.
>>
>Maybe, but Anecdotal evidence from individuals who do or don't get
>messaging SPAM (which may or may nor be SMS) proves zero.

I agree, I was just saying I've never had a problem with it, which is
why I use it. I guess if I had the problems you've had I'd be wary and
try to warn others as well.

--------
And so it was that later
as the miller told his tale
that her face, at first just ghostly,
turned a whiter shade of pale
--------
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 1:00:46 AM

"RickRamey" <rickramey@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message
| On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 22:00:44 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
| wrote:
|
| >In article <7jsno0po2390n9df3d2iod8ddr21tfvpbu@4ax.com>,
| > RickRamey <rickramey@nospambellsouth.net> wrote:

Fri, 05

| >> Guess I'm lucky too then. Either that or you are unlucky. Either way,
| >> Navas will probably send me an email asking me to knock this off.
| >>
| >Maybe, but Anecdotal evidence from individuals who do or don't get
| >messaging SPAM (which may or may nor be SMS) proves zero.
|
| I agree, I was just saying I've never had a problem with it, which is
| why I use it. I guess if I had the problems you've had I'd be wary and
| try to warn others as well.

0 SPAM here also. I have been using txt messaging and the like for 3 years
now and have yet to get a single SPAM from anyone.
November 6, 2004 1:19:33 AM

Thanks, but that was no help at all.

--Mike

> In <zyDid.4867$zx1.2359@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com> on Fri, 05 Nov 2004
> 04:44:15 GMT, "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
>>Is there a way to check what's in your rollover "bank?" Since they
>>redesigned the website, it seems to be non-existent. I don't want to sound
>>like a pessimist, but it's like they don't want you to know how many so
>>you
>>can't track it.
>
> Never assume serious intent when the problem is more easily explained as a
> screwup. ;-)

> John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 1:59:23 AM

In article <r%Sid.42259$Tq1.12089@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
"Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:

> 0 SPAM here also. I have been using txt messaging and the like for 3 years
> now and have yet to get a single SPAM from anyone.

Wonderful, we're now up to 3 out of 46 million with no text spam. And
that proves what?

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam...

discusses others have different experiences.
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 1:59:24 AM

| In article <r%Sid.42259$Tq1.12089@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
| "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:
|

| > 0 SPAM here also. I have been using txt messaging and the like for 3
years
| > now and have yet to get a single SPAM from anyone.
|
| Wonderful, we're now up to 3 out of 46 million with no text spam. And
| that proves what?
|
| http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam...
|
| discusses others have different experiences.

Sorry to have riled you. I was just sharing my experience. I thought you and
John were merely having a pissing conest, but apparently you really are just
an ignorant a$$ who does nothing but troll. Oh well.
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 2:51:19 AM

>Yes you can download your bill from onliune, but thats 1 to 5 weeks out
>of date.

There is no way to have a rolling "rollover" figure. It is hard enough for them
to simply have an ongoing usage figure. And even with that, they do have a
disclaimer that the numbers may not be correct.

So, each month at the billing cycle, the Rollover minutes are calculated and
added to or taken from. This is then reflected on the bill.

Keep in mind that as each month progresses rollover minutes are not added to or
subtracted from until the billing date when they know how many minutes and
which direction that number needs to go.

--
John S.
November 6, 2004 2:53:39 AM

In <jzwick3-64333E.16592305112004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Fri, 05 Nov
2004 22:59:23 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>In article <r%Sid.42259$Tq1.12089@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
> "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:
>

>> 0 SPAM here also. I have been using txt messaging and the like for 3 years
>> now and have yet to get a single SPAM from anyone.
>
>Wonderful, we're now up to 3 out of 46 million with no text spam.

And 0 with.

>And
>that proves what?

Thus far the no's have it.

November 6, 2004 2:57:37 AM

In article <20041105185119.21876.00000125@mb-m14.aol.com>,
sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote:

> >Yes you can download your bill from onliune, but thats 1 to 5 weeks out
> >of date.
> >

> There is no way to have a rolling "rollover" figure. It is hard enough for
> them
> to simply have an ongoing usage figure. And even with that, they do have a
> disclaimer that the numbers may not be correct.

Strange, until a month ago it was available online under "My Account".
Now banked rollover minutes don't show at all on the web.

> So, each month at the billing cycle, the Rollover minutes are calculated and
> added to or taken from. This is then reflected on the bill.
>
> Keep in mind that as each month progresses rollover minutes are not added to
> or
> subtracted from until the billing date when they know how many minutes and
> which direction that number needs to go.
>
> --
> John S.
> e-mail responses to - john at kiana dot net
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 5:05:47 AM

In article <ZWVid.43954$Tq1.19410@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
"Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:

> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> | In article <r%Sid.42259$Tq1.12089@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
> | "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:
> |

> | > 0 SPAM here also. I have been using txt messaging and the like for 3
> years
> | > now and have yet to get a single SPAM from anyone.
> |
> | Wonderful, we're now up to 3 out of 46 million with no text spam. And
> | that proves what?
> |
> | http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam...
> |
> | discusses others have different experiences.
>
> Sorry to have riled you. I was just sharing my experience. I thought you and
> John were merely having a pissing conest, but apparently you really are just
> an ignorant a$$ who does nothing but troll. Oh well.

Proven wrong so you have to insult?? You sir are the troll.
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 5:05:48 AM

| In article <ZWVid.43954$Tq1.19410@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
| "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:
|

| > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
| > | In article <r%Sid.42259$Tq1.12089@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
| > | "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:
| > |

| > years
| > |
| > | Wonderful, we're now up to 3 out of 46 million with no text spam. And
| > | that proves what?
| > |
| > | http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam...
| > |
| > | discusses others have different experiences.
| >
| > Sorry to have riled you. I was just sharing my experience. I thought you
and
| > John were merely having a pissing conest, but apparently you really are
just
| > an ignorant a$$ who does nothing but troll. Oh well.
|
| Proven wrong so you have to insult?? You sir are the troll.

Umm proven wrong? How could I possibly be wrong just sharing that I have had
0 SPAM. I was arguing that it wasn't a problem, nor was I questioning your
authority, I simply shared that I had received 0 SPAM and you got all pissy.
Troll away, welcome to kill file.
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 5:05:49 AM

"Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote in message

| "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
|| In article <ZWVid.43954$Tq1.19410@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
|| "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:
|| >
|| > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
|| > |

|| > years
|| > |
|| > |
|| > |

|| > Sorry to have riled you. I was just sharing my experience. I thought
you
| and
|| > John were merely having a pissing conest, but apparently you really are
| just
|| > an ignorant a$$ who does nothing but troll. Oh well.
|| Proven wrong so you have to insult?? You sir are the troll.
|
| Umm proven wrong? How could I possibly be wrong just sharing that I have
had
| 0 SPAM. I was arguing that it wasn't a problem, nor was I questioning
your
| authority, I simply shared that I had received 0 SPAM and you got all
pissy.
| Troll away, welcome to kill file.

Oh, maybe when I left my phone at your Mother's house that night after she
got done blowing me you saw an SMS you thought to be SPAM. I guess that
would be the only way you may have thought I received SPAM.
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 5:08:32 AM

In article <hm9oo09at4bhgieq41hj7aolss8favh7lt@4ax.com>,
Scott <Refused@Refused.com> wrote:

> I just switched from SPRINTPCS to AT&T, With sprint I received two
> spam SMS in the four years I was with them. With AT&T I have been
> with for almost two weeks, I have received two spam SMS (I ported over
> my number).
>
> I hope it does not keep up but I would think that spamers are
> targetting certain services mroe than others or they have different
> levels of spam control.

Message spam will only grow exponentially. With Cingular not providing a
solution, I found one, have Cingular turn off all messaging.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam...

P.S. Now we're at 3 no Spam, 2 with spam. Still proves zip.

> On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:10:25 GMT, "Bernard Farquart"
> <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote:
>

> >"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
> >> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

> >> I don't get any SMS spam.
> >
> >I don't either, wouldn't you have to sign up for some
> >service and give out your info, for a spammer to have
> >the number to send spam? (kind of like e-mail, spam
> >comes to those who give out their e-mail)
> >
> >I have yet to see messaging spam, and have had
> >text enabled phones for four years.
> >
> >Bernard

Anonymous
November 6, 2004 6:01:43 AM

In article <bLWid.44060$Tq1.22354@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
"Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:

> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> | In article <ZWVid.43954$Tq1.19410@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
> | "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:
> |

> | > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> | > |

> | > years
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

> | > Sorry to have riled you. I was just sharing my experience. I thought you
> and
> | > John were merely having a pissing conest, but apparently you really are
> just
> | > an ignorant a$$ who does nothing but troll. Oh well.
> |
> | Proven wrong so you have to insult?? You sir are the troll.
>
> Umm proven wrong? How could I possibly be wrong just sharing that I have had
> 0 SPAM. I was arguing that it wasn't a problem, nor was I questioning your
> authority, I simply shared that I had received 0 SPAM and you got all pissy.
> Troll away, welcome to kill file.

for the 4 th time. Anecdotal evidence proves zip, nada, zero.
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 6:02:42 AM

In article <5RWid.44076$Tq1.14710@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
"Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:

> "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote in message
> |
> | "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> || > |

> 3
> || > |
> || > |
> || > |

> you
> | and
> | just
> || Proven wrong so you have to insult?? You sir are the troll.
> |
> | Umm proven wrong? How could I possibly be wrong just sharing that I have
> had
> | 0 SPAM. I was arguing that it wasn't a problem, nor was I questioning
> your
> | authority, I simply shared that I had received 0 SPAM and you got all
> pissy.
> | Troll away, welcome to kill file.
> |

> Oh, maybe when I left my phone at your Mother's house that night after she
> got done blowing me you saw an SMS you thought to be SPAM. I guess that
> would be the only way you may have thought I received SPAM.

Childish insults. PLONK

Still doesn't make messaging SPAM less of an issue.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam...
November 6, 2004 7:33:26 AM

>>for the 4 th time. Anecdotal evidence proves zip, nada, zero.<<

And your moronic input proves the same. How old are you...15? Cause only
teenagers "know-it-all."

--Mike

> In article <bLWid.44060$Tq1.22354@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
> "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:
>
>> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message

>> | > |

>> for 3
>> | > |
>> And
>> | > |
>> | > |

>> you
>> and
>> are
>> just
>> |
>> | Proven wrong so you have to insult?? You sir are the troll.
>>
>> Umm proven wrong? How could I possibly be wrong just sharing that I have
>> had
>> 0 SPAM. I was arguing that it wasn't a problem, nor was I questioning
>> your
>> authority, I simply shared that I had received 0 SPAM and you got all
>> pissy.
>> Troll away, welcome to kill file.
>
> for the 4 th time. Anecdotal evidence proves zip, nada, zero.
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 7:33:27 AM

Thank ,you finally someone with a brain !
"mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> >>for the 4 th time. Anecdotal evidence proves zip, nada, zero.<<
>
> And your moronic input proves the same. How old are you...15? Cause only
> teenagers "know-it-all."
>
> --Mike
>
> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > In article <bLWid.44060$Tq1.22354@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
> > "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:
> >
> >> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> >> | > |

> >> for 3
> >> | > |
> >> And
> >> | > |
> >> | > |

> >> you
> >> and
> >> are
> >> just

> >> Umm proven wrong? How could I possibly be wrong just sharing that I
have
> >> had
> >> 0 SPAM. I was arguing that it wasn't a problem, nor was I questioning
> >> your
> >> authority, I simply shared that I had received 0 SPAM and you got all
> >> pissy.
> >> Troll away, welcome to kill file.
> >
> > for the 4 th time. Anecdotal evidence proves zip, nada, zero.

November 6, 2004 10:41:20 AM

> Strange, until a month ago it was available online under "My Account".
> Now banked rollover minutes don't show at all on the web.

Dude, learn how to surf a web page, you look at the column on the left
side of the screen, go to "reports" then go to the drop down menu,
choose "rollover minutes" it shows you a bar graph of the status of
your rollover minutes at the beginning of your current billing cycle. It
has four bars, beginning balance, rollover minutes used, rollover minutes
added, and rollover minutes expired. So now you know, for the SECOND
time I have explained it, quit yer bitchin' and navigate around on the new
web site, it actually has the same information, in a different format.

Bernard
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 12:09:04 PM

In article <Ae%id.892$rx5.728@trnddc06>,
"Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote:

> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>
> > Strange, until a month ago it was available online under "My Account".
> > Now banked rollover minutes don't show at all on the web.
> >

> Dude, learn how to surf a web page, you look at the column on the left
> side of the screen, go to "reports" then go to the drop down menu,
> choose "rollover minutes" it shows you a bar graph of the status of
> your rollover minutes at the beginning of your current billing cycle. It
> has four bars, beginning balance, rollover minutes used, rollover minutes
> added, and rollover minutes expired. So now you know, for the SECOND
> time I have explained it, quit yer bitchin' and navigate around on the new
> web site, it actually has the same information, in a different format.

Dude, learn how to follow a thread. Used to be you could easily
accurately track minutes used, at worst a day or two behind, but if you
were in your home area were accurate within an hour. Free Mobile to
mobile minutes were subtracted from "Daytime Minutes Used". NO LONGER.

So Nope, Reports are not current information. "At beginning of billing
cycle", is a report are from most recent invoice, and is therefore not
current, and can be from 1 to 5 weeks out of date.
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 12:10:15 PM

In article <quYid.5286$zx1.2143@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
"mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote:

> >>for the 4 th time. Anecdotal evidence proves zip, nada, zero.<<
>
> And your moronic input proves the same. How old are you...15? Cause only
> teenagers "know-it-all."
>
> --Mike

Hierophant could well be a teenager:

But

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam...

discusses cellphone messaging spam.
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 12:11:57 PM

In article <418c59bb$1_4@127.0.0.1>,
"Erbert R. Stuffinapples" <stuffinapples@hotmail.com> wrote:

and name you posted under before Nov. 1 is?
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 7:56:53 PM

In <jzwick3-DED16A.20083205112004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Sat, 06 Nov
2004 02:08:32 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Message spam will only grow exponentially.

So you say. Hasn't happened yet.

>With Cingular not providing a
>solution, I found one, have Cingular turn off all messaging.

Or cancel your service altogether.

>http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam...
>
>P.S. Now we're at 3 no Spam, 2 with spam. Still proves zip.

Indeed -- you've proved zip -- just found something else to rant about now
that your other rants have been shown to be utterly silly (just like this new
one).

November 7, 2004 5:02:03 AM

> In article <Ae%id.892$rx5.728@trnddc06>,
> "Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote:
>

>> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>>
>> > Strange, until a month ago it was available online under "My Account".
>> > Now banked rollover minutes don't show at all on the web.

You said "banked rollover minutes" see?

>> Dude, learn how to surf a web page, you look at the column on the left
>> side of the screen, go to "reports" then go to the drop down menu,
>> choose "rollover minutes" it shows you a bar graph of the status of
>> your rollover minutes at the beginning of your current billing cycle. It
>> has four bars, beginning balance, rollover minutes used, rollover minutes
>> added, and rollover minutes expired. So now you know, for the SECOND
>> time I have explained it, quit yer bitchin' and navigate around on the
>> new
>> web site, it actually has the same information, in a different format.
>
> Dude, learn how to follow a thread. Used to be you could easily
> accurately track minutes used, at worst a day or two behind, but if you
> were in your home area were accurate within an hour. Free Mobile to
> mobile minutes were subtracted from "Daytime Minutes Used". NO LONGER.

Now you are bitching about minutes used in the current month.
These are two different questions. I can find "minutes summary"
in the middle of the very first page after I sign in. now, if i have used
701 daytime, and i have 800 per month, and 600 in the bank at the
start of my billing cycle, that means i have 99 min to use until the
end of my next bill cycle, before i start digging into my bank of
rollover minutes. Am I the only one who thinks this is pretty
easy math? Can you not see this on your "my account" page?

Do you just like to bitch, or what? Here is a list of things that are
actually a problem. 1-the web site keeps getting taken down,
2-some reports are not getting any information (data, for me)
3-customer service will happily give out fake numbers to tech
assist to get you off the phone(this has happened three times to me)

Bitch about things that are real, if you must bitch, but to complain that
information is unavailable, when it is in the FIRST screen that comes
up after log in is a bit silly, huh?

Bernard
November 7, 2004 5:09:47 AM

>>Dude, learn how to surf a web page,<<

Dude, think before you type. I want to know how many rollover minutes I have
NOW, not how many I had or used during the LAST BILLING CYCLE! We used to be
able to see that, it's gone now.

Any more useless input from you?

--Mike

"Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote in message

> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>
>> Strange, until a month ago it was available online under "My Account".
>> Now banked rollover minutes don't show at all on the web.
>>

> Dude, learn how to surf a web page, you look at the column on the left
> side of the screen, go to "reports" then go to the drop down menu,
> choose "rollover minutes" it shows you a bar graph of the status of
> your rollover minutes at the beginning of your current billing cycle. It
> has four bars, beginning balance, rollover minutes used, rollover minutes
> added, and rollover minutes expired. So now you know, for the SECOND
> time I have explained it, quit yer bitchin' and navigate around on the new
> web site, it actually has the same information, in a different format.
>
> Bernard

Anonymous
November 7, 2004 5:29:18 AM

>>>Dude, learn how to surf a web page,<<
>
> Dude, think before you type. I want to know how many rollover minutes I
> have NOW, not how many I had or used during the LAST BILLING CYCLE! We
> used to be able to see that, it's gone now.
>
> Any more useless input from you?

Am I the only one who can do simple subtraction?
Anonymous
November 7, 2004 5:29:19 AM

| "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote in message
| >
| > Dude, think before you type. I want to know how many rollover minutes I
| > have NOW, not how many I had or used during the LAST BILLING CYCLE! We
| > used to be able to see that, it's gone now.
| >
| > Any more useless input from you?
|
| Am I the only one who can do simple subtraction?

LOL looks easy enough to me. I guess it's different in my market though.
Don't even have to subtract. The rollover is listed on the front page as
soon as I log on on my account page since the update to the website. The
very first thing displayed under my name and account number is charges
summary, then to the right of it is minutes summary including package
minutes, night and weekend minutes, rollover, and data usage with totals in
the "available" and "used" columns. I don't have any m2m minutes or I
presume they would also be there.
Anonymous
November 7, 2004 6:27:44 AM

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 02:29:18 GMT, "Bernard Farquart"
<bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> said in alt.cellular.cingular:

>"mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Dude, think before you type. I want to know how many rollover minutes I
>> have NOW, not how many I had or used during the LAST BILLING CYCLE! We
>> used to be able to see that, it's gone now.
>>
>> Any more useless input from you?
>
>Am I the only one who can do simple subtraction?

I think I detect a case of SAS (short attention span). :)
November 7, 2004 6:36:12 AM

Smart ass, I signed up with Cingular in September...there IS NO USAGE YET
REPORTED FOR ME REGARDING MY ROLLOVER MINUTES. I have nothing to subtract
from! I want a link (like we used to have) that shows how many minutes we
have in the rollover bank. It was there once, now it's gone...I want it
back...is that too much to ask Mr. Mathematician?

Get a clue DUDE.

--Mike

"Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote in message

> "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Dude, think before you type. I want to know how many rollover minutes I
>> have NOW, not how many I had or used during the LAST BILLING CYCLE! We
>> used to be able to see that, it's gone now.
>>
>> Any more useless input from you?
>
> Am I the only one who can do simple subtraction?

Anonymous
November 7, 2004 9:24:03 PM

> Smart ass, I signed up with Cingular in September...there IS NO USAGE YET
> REPORTED FOR ME REGARDING MY ROLLOVER MINUTES. I have nothing to subtract
> from! I want a link (like we used to have) that shows how many minutes we
> have in the rollover bank. It was there once, now it's gone...I want it
> back...is that too much to ask Mr. Mathematician?
>
> Get a clue DUDE.

If you just signed up, you don't have any rollover, that would be from
PREVIOUS months. what, are you ten friggin' years old or something?
Anonymous
November 7, 2004 10:30:53 PM

In article <7Ltjd.6599$6t.5972@trnddc05>,
"Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote:

> "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> > Smart ass, I signed up with Cingular in September...there IS NO USAGE YET
> > REPORTED FOR ME REGARDING MY ROLLOVER MINUTES. I have nothing to subtract
> > from! I want a link (like we used to have) that shows how many minutes we
> > have in the rollover bank. It was there once, now it's gone...I want it
> > back...is that too much to ask Mr. Mathematician?
> >
> > Get a clue DUDE.
>
> If you just signed up, you don't have any rollover, that would be from
> PREVIOUS months. what, are you ten friggin' years old or something?

He;'d have rollover from his first full month if he didnt use his
allotment. IT NO LONGER IS SHOWN ON THE WEB. It's a perfectly valid
complaint.
Anonymous
November 7, 2004 10:39:47 PM

> In article <7Ltjd.6599$6t.5972@trnddc05>,
> "Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote:
>

>> "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>> > Smart ass, I signed up with Cingular in September...there IS NO USAGE
>> > YET
>> > REPORTED FOR ME REGARDING MY ROLLOVER MINUTES. I have nothing to
>> > subtract
>> > from! I want a link (like we used to have) that shows how many minutes
>> > we
>> > have in the rollover bank. It was there once, now it's gone...I want it
>> > back...is that too much to ask Mr. Mathematician?
>> >
>> > Get a clue DUDE.
>>
>> If you just signed up, you don't have any rollover, that would be from
>> PREVIOUS months. what, are you ten friggin' years old or something?
>
> He;'d have rollover from his first full month if he didnt use his
> allotment. IT NO LONGER IS SHOWN ON THE WEB. It's a perfectly valid
> complaint.

prev month rollover is under reports, rollover minutes, why
is it so hard for you two to find?

Bernard
November 8, 2004 3:23:45 AM

>>If you just signed up, you don't have any rollover, that would be from
PREVIOUS months. what, are you ten friggin' years old or something?<<

That would make me twice your age butthead. I have rollover from my first
month, saw it on the old website. Now comes over a month later, and the
detail from rollover is gone. Is it not clear to you that all I'd like to
see is the DETAIL of CURRENT rollover minutes available.

> "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>> Smart ass, I signed up with Cingular in September...there IS NO USAGE YET
>> REPORTED FOR ME REGARDING MY ROLLOVER MINUTES. I have nothing to subtract
>> from! I want a link (like we used to have) that shows how many minutes we
>> have in the rollover bank. It was there once, now it's gone...I want it
>> back...is that too much to ask Mr. Mathematician?
>>
>> Get a clue DUDE.
>
> If you just signed up, you don't have any rollover, that would be from
> PREVIOUS months. what, are you ten friggin' years old or something?

November 8, 2004 3:28:54 AM

>>prev month rollover is under reports, rollover minutes, why
is it so hard for you two to find?<<

Get your head out of your ass will you? That report only shows HOW MANY
ROLLOVER MINUTES I HAVE USED!!!! Since I have not used any yet, that report
is blank. Get it yet bonehead? I want to know how many minutes I HAVE. We
used to be able to see that, now we can't. Is that so hard for you to
understand??

> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> In article <7Ltjd.6599$6t.5972@trnddc05>,
>> "Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote:
>>

>>> "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote in message

>>> If you just signed up, you don't have any rollover, that would be from
>>> PREVIOUS months. what, are you ten friggin' years old or something?
>>
>> He;'d have rollover from his first full month if he didnt use his
>> allotment. IT NO LONGER IS SHOWN ON THE WEB. It's a perfectly valid
>> complaint.
>
> prev month rollover is under reports, rollover minutes, why
> is it so hard for you two to find?
>
> Bernard

Anonymous
November 8, 2004 3:28:55 AM

| >>prev month rollover is under reports, rollover minutes, why
| is it so hard for you two to find?<<
|
| Get your head out of your ass will you? That report only shows HOW MANY
| ROLLOVER MINUTES I HAVE USED!!!! Since I have not used any yet, that
report
| is blank. Get it yet bonehead? I want to know how many minutes I HAVE. We
| used to be able to see that, now we can't. Is that so hard for you to
| understand??

"We" apparently doesn't encompass all of us. I see it on the first page when
I log into my account.
Anonymous
November 8, 2004 6:39:56 AM

"mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>>>prev month rollover is under reports, rollover minutes, why
> is it so hard for you two to find?<<
>
> Get your head out of your ass will you? That report only shows HOW MANY
> ROLLOVER MINUTES I HAVE USED!!!!
You would be the only one, then....

Since I have not used any yet, that report
> is blank. Get it yet bonehead? I want to know how many minutes I HAVE. We
> used to be able to see that, now we can't. Is that so hard for you to
> understand??

Perhaps because the report I have under that heading
shows me my rollover minutes in the bank, rollover used,
rollover put in the bank, and rollover expired.

Are you sure you can read and comprehend english?
That would explain why you are having trouble with
the web site, because it is all in english.

Bernard
Anonymous
November 8, 2004 8:19:10 AM

Usage Type Available Used

Package Minutes 450/225

Night & Weekend 5000/305

Long Distance 0/109

Rollover 1200/0

Mobile to Mobile unlimited/348

I dont know about your area but this is what shows up in my area when I log
in looks a little different on the web page but is basically cut and past
from the page. also it takes a few extra days into the next month before
they post how many minutes have been added to my roll over but they do show
up within a week. also all of this info shows up when I dial *646# and it
gives the day it is accurate to which is usually the day before but
sometimes 2 days old I can live with that

>>>If you just signed up, you don't have any rollover, that would be from
> PREVIOUS months. what, are you ten friggin' years old or something?<<
>
> That would make me twice your age butthead. I have rollover from my first
> month, saw it on the old website. Now comes over a month later, and the
> detail from rollover is gone. Is it not clear to you that all I'd like to
> see is the DETAIL of CURRENT rollover minutes available.

> --Mike
>
> "Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>>> Smart ass, I signed up with Cingular in September...there IS NO USAGE
>>> YET REPORTED FOR ME REGARDING MY ROLLOVER MINUTES. I have nothing to
>>> subtract from! I want a link (like we used to have) that shows how many
>>> minutes we have in the rollover bank. It was there once, now it's
>>> gone...I want it back...is that too much to ask Mr. Mathematician?
>>>
>>> Get a clue DUDE.
>>
>> If you just signed up, you don't have any rollover, that would be from
>> PREVIOUS months. what, are you ten friggin' years old or something?

Anonymous
November 8, 2004 3:58:44 PM

In article <eNudnfTfnvKuyxLcRVn-qA@adelphia.com>,
"SHAWN MURPHY" <binderhoff@adelphia.net> wrote:

> Usage Type Available Used
>
> Package Minutes 450/225
>
> Night & Weekend 5000/305
>
> Long Distance 0/109
>
> Rollover 1200/0
>

> Mobile to Mobile unlimited/348
>

> I dont know about your area but this is what shows up in my area when I log
> in looks a little different on the web page but is basically cut and past
> from the page. also it takes a few extra days into the next month before
> they post how many minutes have been added to my roll over but they do show
> up within a week. also all of this info shows up when I dial *646# and it
> gives the day it is accurate to which is usually the day before but
> sometimes 2 days old I can live with that

Do you by chance have a TDMA account?, since others no longer get ANY
report on their Mobile to Mobile minutes or Rollover, except by waiting
on hold and cajoling a CSR, or waiting till they get a monthly invoice.
Anonymous
November 8, 2004 5:46:02 PM

> In article <eNudnfTfnvKuyxLcRVn-qA@adelphia.com>,
> "SHAWN MURPHY" <binderhoff@adelphia.net> wrote:
>
>> Usage Type Available Used
>>
>> Package Minutes 450/225
>>
>> Night & Weekend 5000/305
>>
>> Long Distance 0/109
>>
>> Rollover 1200/0
>>

>> Mobile to Mobile unlimited/348
>>

>> I dont know about your area but this is what shows up in my area when I
>> log
>> in looks a little different on the web page but is basically cut and
>> past
>> from the page. also it takes a few extra days into the next month
>> before
>> they post how many minutes have been added to my roll over but they do
>> show
>> up within a week. also all of this info shows up when I dial *646# and
>> it
>> gives the day it is accurate to which is usually the day before but
>> sometimes 2 days old I can live with that
>

> Do you by chance have a TDMA account?, since others no longer get ANY
> report on their Mobile to Mobile minutes or Rollover, except by waiting
> on hold and cajoling a CSR, or waiting till they get a monthly invoice.

I get the same info (except for the mobile to mobile, but I just switched
to a plan with M2M minutes, so they don't apply yet) and I have GSM.

Bernard
!