Rollover

Is there a way to check what's in your rollover "bank?" Since they
redesigned the website, it seems to be non-existent. I don't want to sound
like a pessimist, but it's like they don't want you to know how many so you
can't track it.

Thanks,

--Mike
53 answers Last reply
More about rollover

    In <zyDid.4867$zx1.2359@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com> on Fri, 05 Nov 2004
    04:44:15 GMT, "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote:

    >Is there a way to check what's in your rollover "bank?" Since they
    >redesigned the website, it seems to be non-existent. I don't want to sound
    >like a pessimist, but it's like they don't want you to know how many so you
    >can't track it.

    Never assume serious intent when the problem is more easily explained as a
    screwup. ;-)

    On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 04:44:15 GMT, "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote:

    >Is there a way to check what's in your rollover "bank?" Since they
    >redesigned the website, it seems to be non-existent. I don't want to sound
    >like a pessimist, but it's like they don't want you to know how many so you
    >can't track it.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >--Mike

    I usually dial *646# and wait a few seconds for the message.

    In article <zyDid.4867$zx1.2359@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
    "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote:

    > Is there a way to check what's in your rollover "bank?" Since they
    > redesigned the website, it seems to be non-existent. I don't want to sound
    > like a pessimist, but it's like they don't want you to know how many so you
    > can't track it.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > --Mike

    You are 100% correct.

    2 ways to check
    1. - Call 611 and convince a CSR to tell you, or

    2. wait for your monthly Bill and it will be there.

    In article <v4tmo096mo7j7apgi97g210rrkbfin7jp3@4ax.com>,
    Rick Ramey <rickramey@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 04:44:15 GMT, "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote:
    >
    > >Is there a way to check what's in your rollover "bank?" Since they
    > >redesigned the website, it seems to be non-existent. I don't want to sound
    > >like a pessimist, but it's like they don't want you to know how many so you
    > >can't track it.
    > >
    > >Thanks,
    > >
    > >--Mike
    > >

    > I usually dial *646# and wait a few seconds for the message.

    That assumes your phone receives messages, I had that feature turned
    off, not wanting to pay for SPAM.

    *646# will currently give you misleading incorrect information, as it
    does not subtract out Free Mobile to Mobile Minutes any longer (for
    about a month now), if you call and ask, they have been saying "We're
    aware of it, it'll be fixed in 2 weeks"; except two weeks is now FOUR.

    >Is there a way to check what's in your rollover "bank?"

    Look at your "Bill" and it is on there - no other way that I have found. You
    CAN look at your bill online so it shouldn't be that hard to determine your
    "bank".

    --
    John S.

    In article <20041105132613.06709.00000118@mb-m15.aol.com>,
    sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote:

    > >Is there a way to check what's in your rollover "bank?"
    >
    > Look at your "Bill" and it is on there - no other way that I have found. You
    > CAN look at your bill online so it shouldn't be that hard to determine your
    > "bank".

    Yes you can download your bill from onliune, but thats 1 to 5 weeks out
    of date.

    In <jzwick3-6003EB.06584005112004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Fri, 05 Nov
    2004 12:58:39 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

    >That assumes your phone receives messages, I had that feature turned
    >off, not wanting to pay for SPAM.

    I don't get any SMS spam.

    > In <jzwick3-6003EB.06584005112004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Fri, 05 Nov
    > 2004 12:58:39 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:
    >
    >>That assumes your phone receives messages, I had that feature turned
    >>off, not wanting to pay for SPAM.
    >
    > I don't get any SMS spam.

    I don't either, wouldn't you have to sign up for some
    service and give out your info, for a spammer to have
    the number to send spam? (kind of like e-mail, spam
    comes to those who give out their e-mail)

    I have yet to see messaging spam, and have had
    text enabled phones for four years.

    Bernard

    I just switched from SPRINTPCS to AT&T, With sprint I received two
    spam SMS in the four years I was with them. With AT&T I have been
    with for almost two weeks, I have received two spam SMS (I ported over
    my number).

    I hope it does not keep up but I would think that spamers are
    targetting certain services mroe than others or they have different
    levels of spam control.

    On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:10:25 GMT, "Bernard Farquart"
    <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote:

    >> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >>
    >> In <jzwick3-6003EB.06584005112004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Fri, 05 Nov
    >> 2004 12:58:39 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>That assumes your phone receives messages, I had that feature turned
    >>>off, not wanting to pay for SPAM.
    >>
    >> I don't get any SMS spam.
    >
    >I don't either, wouldn't you have to sign up for some
    >service and give out your info, for a spammer to have
    >the number to send spam? (kind of like e-mail, spam
    >comes to those who give out their e-mail)
    >
    >I have yet to see messaging spam, and have had
    >text enabled phones for four years.
    >
    >Bernard

  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <5%Rid.34$bH2.7@trnddc09>,
    "Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote:

    > "John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
    > > [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    > >
    > > In <jzwick3-6003EB.06584005112004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Fri, 05 Nov
    > > 2004 12:58:39 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >>That assumes your phone receives messages, I had that feature turned
    > >>off, not wanting to pay for SPAM.
    > >
    > > I don't get any SMS spam.
    >
    > I don't either, wouldn't you have to sign up for some
    > service and give out your info, for a spammer to have
    > the number to send spam? (kind of like e-mail, spam
    > comes to those who give out their e-mail)
    >
    > I have yet to see messaging spam, and have had
    > text enabled phones for four years.

    Then you sir are lucky, but please don't generalize your luck to the
    rest of the free world.

    http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam.reut/
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:31:12 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
    wrote:

    >In article <5%Rid.34$bH2.7@trnddc09>,
    > "Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote:
    >

    >> "John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
    >> > [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    >> > I don't get any SMS spam.
    >>
    >> I don't either, wouldn't you have to sign up for some
    >> service and give out your info, for a spammer to have
    >> the number to send spam? (kind of like e-mail, spam
    >> comes to those who give out their e-mail)
    >>
    >> I have yet to see messaging spam, and have had
    >> text enabled phones for four years.
    >
    >Then you sir are lucky, but please don't generalize your luck to the
    >rest of the free world.
    >
    >http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam.reut/

    Guess I'm lucky too then. Either that or you are unlucky. Either way,
    Navas will probably send me an email asking me to knock this off.
    --------
    And so it was that later
    as the miller told his tale
    that her face, at first just ghostly,
    turned a whiter shade of pale
    --------
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <7jsno0po2390n9df3d2iod8ddr21tfvpbu@4ax.com>,
    RickRamey <rickramey@nospambellsouth.net> wrote:

    > On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:31:12 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >In article <5%Rid.34$bH2.7@trnddc09>,
    > > "Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote:
    > >

    > >> "John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message

    > >> I don't either, wouldn't you have to sign up for some
    > >> service and give out your info, for a spammer to have
    > >> the number to send spam? (kind of like e-mail, spam
    > >> comes to those who give out their e-mail)
    > >>
    > >> I have yet to see messaging spam, and have had
    > >> text enabled phones for four years.
    > >
    > >Then you sir are lucky, but please don't generalize your luck to the
    > >rest of the free world.
    > >
    > >http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam.reut/

    > Guess I'm lucky too then. Either that or you are unlucky. Either way,
    > Navas will probably send me an email asking me to knock this off.

    Maybe, but Anecdotal evidence from individuals who do or don't get
    messaging SPAM (which may or may nor be SMS) proves zero.

    Anyone with more system-wide evidence to the extent of such Spam should
    now contribute, the fact that CNN covered it earlier this year, means
    its hardly isolated, although so far less common stateside than in
    Europe or Asia.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 22:00:44 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
    wrote:

    >In article <7jsno0po2390n9df3d2iod8ddr21tfvpbu@4ax.com>,
    > RickRamey <rickramey@nospambellsouth.net> wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:31:12 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
    >> wrote:

    >> >Then you sir are lucky, but please don't generalize your luck to the
    >> >rest of the free world.
    >> >
    >> >http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam.reut/
    >
    >> Guess I'm lucky too then. Either that or you are unlucky. Either way,
    >> Navas will probably send me an email asking me to knock this off.
    >>
    >Maybe, but Anecdotal evidence from individuals who do or don't get
    >messaging SPAM (which may or may nor be SMS) proves zero.

    I agree, I was just saying I've never had a problem with it, which is
    why I use it. I guess if I had the problems you've had I'd be wary and
    try to warn others as well.

    --------
    And so it was that later
    as the miller told his tale
    that her face, at first just ghostly,
    turned a whiter shade of pale
    --------
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    "RickRamey" <rickramey@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message
    | On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 22:00:44 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
    | wrote:
    |
    | >In article <7jsno0po2390n9df3d2iod8ddr21tfvpbu@4ax.com>,
    | > RickRamey <rickramey@nospambellsouth.net> wrote:

    Fri, 05

    | >> Guess I'm lucky too then. Either that or you are unlucky. Either way,
    | >> Navas will probably send me an email asking me to knock this off.
    | >>
    | >Maybe, but Anecdotal evidence from individuals who do or don't get
    | >messaging SPAM (which may or may nor be SMS) proves zero.
    |
    | I agree, I was just saying I've never had a problem with it, which is
    | why I use it. I guess if I had the problems you've had I'd be wary and
    | try to warn others as well.

    0 SPAM here also. I have been using txt messaging and the like for 3 years
    now and have yet to get a single SPAM from anyone.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Thanks, but that was no help at all.

    --Mike

    > In <zyDid.4867$zx1.2359@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com> on Fri, 05 Nov 2004
    > 04:44:15 GMT, "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote:
    >
    >>Is there a way to check what's in your rollover "bank?" Since they
    >>redesigned the website, it seems to be non-existent. I don't want to sound
    >>like a pessimist, but it's like they don't want you to know how many so
    >>you
    >>can't track it.
    >
    > Never assume serious intent when the problem is more easily explained as a
    > screwup. ;-)

    > John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular>
  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <r%Sid.42259$Tq1.12089@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
    "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:

    > 0 SPAM here also. I have been using txt messaging and the like for 3 years
    > now and have yet to get a single SPAM from anyone.

    Wonderful, we're now up to 3 out of 46 million with no text spam. And
    that proves what?

    http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam.reut/

    discusses others have different experiences.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    | In article <r%Sid.42259$Tq1.12089@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
    | "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:
    |

    | > 0 SPAM here also. I have been using txt messaging and the like for 3
    years
    | > now and have yet to get a single SPAM from anyone.
    |
    | Wonderful, we're now up to 3 out of 46 million with no text spam. And
    | that proves what?
    |
    | http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam.reut/
    |
    | discusses others have different experiences.

    Sorry to have riled you. I was just sharing my experience. I thought you and
    John were merely having a pissing conest, but apparently you really are just
    an ignorant a$$ who does nothing but troll. Oh well.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    >Yes you can download your bill from onliune, but thats 1 to 5 weeks out
    >of date.

    There is no way to have a rolling "rollover" figure. It is hard enough for them
    to simply have an ongoing usage figure. And even with that, they do have a
    disclaimer that the numbers may not be correct.

    So, each month at the billing cycle, the Rollover minutes are calculated and
    added to or taken from. This is then reflected on the bill.

    Keep in mind that as each month progresses rollover minutes are not added to or
    subtracted from until the billing date when they know how many minutes and
    which direction that number needs to go.

    --
    John S.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In <jzwick3-64333E.16592305112004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Fri, 05 Nov
    2004 22:59:23 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

    >In article <r%Sid.42259$Tq1.12089@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
    > "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:
    >

    >> 0 SPAM here also. I have been using txt messaging and the like for 3 years
    >> now and have yet to get a single SPAM from anyone.
    >
    >Wonderful, we're now up to 3 out of 46 million with no text spam.

    And 0 with.

    >And
    >that proves what?

    Thus far the no's have it.

  20. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <20041105185119.21876.00000125@mb-m14.aol.com>,
    sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote:

    > >Yes you can download your bill from onliune, but thats 1 to 5 weeks out
    > >of date.
    > >

    > There is no way to have a rolling "rollover" figure. It is hard enough for
    > them
    > to simply have an ongoing usage figure. And even with that, they do have a
    > disclaimer that the numbers may not be correct.

    Strange, until a month ago it was available online under "My Account".
    Now banked rollover minutes don't show at all on the web.

    > So, each month at the billing cycle, the Rollover minutes are calculated and
    > added to or taken from. This is then reflected on the bill.
    >
    > Keep in mind that as each month progresses rollover minutes are not added to
    > or
    > subtracted from until the billing date when they know how many minutes and
    > which direction that number needs to go.
    >
    > --
    > John S.
    > e-mail responses to - john at kiana dot net
  21. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <ZWVid.43954$Tq1.19410@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
    "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:

    > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > | In article <r%Sid.42259$Tq1.12089@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
    > | "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:
    > |

    > | > 0 SPAM here also. I have been using txt messaging and the like for 3
    > years
    > | > now and have yet to get a single SPAM from anyone.
    > |
    > | Wonderful, we're now up to 3 out of 46 million with no text spam. And
    > | that proves what?
    > |
    > | http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam.reut/
    > |
    > | discusses others have different experiences.
    >
    > Sorry to have riled you. I was just sharing my experience. I thought you and
    > John were merely having a pissing conest, but apparently you really are just
    > an ignorant a$$ who does nothing but troll. Oh well.

    Proven wrong so you have to insult?? You sir are the troll.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    | In article <ZWVid.43954$Tq1.19410@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
    | "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:
    |

    | > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    | > | In article <r%Sid.42259$Tq1.12089@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
    | > | "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:
    | > |

    | > years
    | > |
    | > | Wonderful, we're now up to 3 out of 46 million with no text spam. And
    | > | that proves what?
    | > |
    | > | http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam.reut/
    | > |
    | > | discusses others have different experiences.
    | >
    | > Sorry to have riled you. I was just sharing my experience. I thought you
    and
    | > John were merely having a pissing conest, but apparently you really are
    just
    | > an ignorant a$$ who does nothing but troll. Oh well.
    |
    | Proven wrong so you have to insult?? You sir are the troll.

    Umm proven wrong? How could I possibly be wrong just sharing that I have had
    0 SPAM. I was arguing that it wasn't a problem, nor was I questioning your
    authority, I simply shared that I had received 0 SPAM and you got all pissy.
    Troll away, welcome to kill file.
  23. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote in message

    | "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    || In article <ZWVid.43954$Tq1.19410@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
    || "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:
    || >
    || > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    || > |

    || > years
    || > |
    || > |

    || > Sorry to have riled you. I was just sharing my experience. I thought
    you
    | and
    || > John were merely having a pissing conest, but apparently you really are
    | just
    || > an ignorant a$$ who does nothing but troll. Oh well.
    || Proven wrong so you have to insult?? You sir are the troll.
    |
    | Umm proven wrong? How could I possibly be wrong just sharing that I have
    had
    | 0 SPAM. I was arguing that it wasn't a problem, nor was I questioning
    your
    | authority, I simply shared that I had received 0 SPAM and you got all
    pissy.
    | Troll away, welcome to kill file.

    Oh, maybe when I left my phone at your Mother's house that night after she
    got done blowing me you saw an SMS you thought to be SPAM. I guess that
    would be the only way you may have thought I received SPAM.
  24. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <hm9oo09at4bhgieq41hj7aolss8favh7lt@4ax.com>,
    Scott <Refused@Refused.com> wrote:

    > I just switched from SPRINTPCS to AT&T, With sprint I received two
    > spam SMS in the four years I was with them. With AT&T I have been
    > with for almost two weeks, I have received two spam SMS (I ported over
    > my number).
    >
    > I hope it does not keep up but I would think that spamers are
    > targetting certain services mroe than others or they have different
    > levels of spam control.

    Message spam will only grow exponentially. With Cingular not providing a
    solution, I found one, have Cingular turn off all messaging.

    http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam.reut/

    P.S. Now we're at 3 no Spam, 2 with spam. Still proves zip.

    > On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:10:25 GMT, "Bernard Farquart"
    > <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote:
    >

    > >"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
    > >> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    > >> I don't get any SMS spam.
    > >
    > >I don't either, wouldn't you have to sign up for some
    > >service and give out your info, for a spammer to have
    > >the number to send spam? (kind of like e-mail, spam
    > >comes to those who give out their e-mail)
    > >
    > >I have yet to see messaging spam, and have had
    > >text enabled phones for four years.
    > >
    > >Bernard

  25. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <bLWid.44060$Tq1.22354@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
    "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:

    > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > | In article <ZWVid.43954$Tq1.19410@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
    > | "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:
    > |

    > | > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > | > |

    > | > years
    > | > |
    > | > |
    > | > |

    > | > Sorry to have riled you. I was just sharing my experience. I thought you
    > and
    > | > John were merely having a pissing conest, but apparently you really are
    > just
    > | > an ignorant a$$ who does nothing but troll. Oh well.
    > |
    > | Proven wrong so you have to insult?? You sir are the troll.
    >
    > Umm proven wrong? How could I possibly be wrong just sharing that I have had
    > 0 SPAM. I was arguing that it wasn't a problem, nor was I questioning your
    > authority, I simply shared that I had received 0 SPAM and you got all pissy.
    > Troll away, welcome to kill file.

    for the 4 th time. Anecdotal evidence proves zip, nada, zero.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <5RWid.44076$Tq1.14710@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
    "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:

    > "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote in message
    > |
    > | "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message

    > || > |

    > 3
    > || > |
    > || > |
    > || > |

    > you
    > | and
    > | just
    > || Proven wrong so you have to insult?? You sir are the troll.
    > |
    > | Umm proven wrong? How could I possibly be wrong just sharing that I have
    > had
    > | 0 SPAM. I was arguing that it wasn't a problem, nor was I questioning
    > your
    > | authority, I simply shared that I had received 0 SPAM and you got all
    > pissy.
    > | Troll away, welcome to kill file.
    > |

    > Oh, maybe when I left my phone at your Mother's house that night after she
    > got done blowing me you saw an SMS you thought to be SPAM. I guess that
    > would be the only way you may have thought I received SPAM.

    Childish insults. PLONK

    Still doesn't make messaging SPAM less of an issue.

    http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam.reut/
  27. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    >>for the 4 th time. Anecdotal evidence proves zip, nada, zero.<<

    And your moronic input proves the same. How old are you...15? Cause only
    teenagers "know-it-all."

    --Mike

    > In article <bLWid.44060$Tq1.22354@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
    > "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:
    >
    >> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message

    >> | > |

    >> for 3
    >> | > |
    >> And
    >> | > |
    >> | > |

    >> you
    >> and
    >> are
    >> just
    >> |
    >> | Proven wrong so you have to insult?? You sir are the troll.
    >>
    >> Umm proven wrong? How could I possibly be wrong just sharing that I have
    >> had
    >> 0 SPAM. I was arguing that it wasn't a problem, nor was I questioning
    >> your
    >> authority, I simply shared that I had received 0 SPAM and you got all
    >> pissy.
    >> Troll away, welcome to kill file.
    >
    > for the 4 th time. Anecdotal evidence proves zip, nada, zero.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Thank ,you finally someone with a brain !
    "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > >>for the 4 th time. Anecdotal evidence proves zip, nada, zero.<<
    >
    > And your moronic input proves the same. How old are you...15? Cause only
    > teenagers "know-it-all."
    >
    > --Mike
    >
    > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > > In article <bLWid.44060$Tq1.22354@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
    > > "Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote:
    > >
    > >> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message

    > >> | > |

    > >> for 3
    > >> | > |
    > >> And
    > >> | > |
    > >> | > |

    > >> you
    > >> and
    > >> are
    > >> just

    > >> Umm proven wrong? How could I possibly be wrong just sharing that I
    have
    > >> had
    > >> 0 SPAM. I was arguing that it wasn't a problem, nor was I questioning
    > >> your
    > >> authority, I simply shared that I had received 0 SPAM and you got all
    > >> pissy.
    > >> Troll away, welcome to kill file.
    > >
    > > for the 4 th time. Anecdotal evidence proves zip, nada, zero.

  29. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    > Strange, until a month ago it was available online under "My Account".
    > Now banked rollover minutes don't show at all on the web.

    Dude, learn how to surf a web page, you look at the column on the left
    side of the screen, go to "reports" then go to the drop down menu,
    choose "rollover minutes" it shows you a bar graph of the status of
    your rollover minutes at the beginning of your current billing cycle. It
    has four bars, beginning balance, rollover minutes used, rollover minutes
    added, and rollover minutes expired. So now you know, for the SECOND
    time I have explained it, quit yer bitchin' and navigate around on the new
    web site, it actually has the same information, in a different format.

    Bernard
  30. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <Ae%id.892$rx5.728@trnddc06>,
    "Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote:

    > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >
    > > Strange, until a month ago it was available online under "My Account".
    > > Now banked rollover minutes don't show at all on the web.
    > >

    > Dude, learn how to surf a web page, you look at the column on the left
    > side of the screen, go to "reports" then go to the drop down menu,
    > choose "rollover minutes" it shows you a bar graph of the status of
    > your rollover minutes at the beginning of your current billing cycle. It
    > has four bars, beginning balance, rollover minutes used, rollover minutes
    > added, and rollover minutes expired. So now you know, for the SECOND
    > time I have explained it, quit yer bitchin' and navigate around on the new
    > web site, it actually has the same information, in a different format.

    Dude, learn how to follow a thread. Used to be you could easily
    accurately track minutes used, at worst a day or two behind, but if you
    were in your home area were accurate within an hour. Free Mobile to
    mobile minutes were subtracted from "Daytime Minutes Used". NO LONGER.

    So Nope, Reports are not current information. "At beginning of billing
    cycle", is a report are from most recent invoice, and is therefore not
    current, and can be from 1 to 5 weeks out of date.
  31. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <quYid.5286$zx1.2143@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
    "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote:

    > >>for the 4 th time. Anecdotal evidence proves zip, nada, zero.<<
    >
    > And your moronic input proves the same. How old are you...15? Cause only
    > teenagers "know-it-all."
    >
    > --Mike

    Hierophant could well be a teenager:

    But

    http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam.reut/

    discusses cellphone messaging spam.
  32. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <418c59bb$1_4@127.0.0.1>,
    "Erbert R. Stuffinapples" <stuffinapples@hotmail.com> wrote:

    and name you posted under before Nov. 1 is?
  33. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In <jzwick3-DED16A.20083205112004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Sat, 06 Nov
    2004 02:08:32 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

    >Message spam will only grow exponentially.

    So you say. Hasn't happened yet.

    >With Cingular not providing a
    >solution, I found one, have Cingular turn off all messaging.

    Or cancel your service altogether.

    >http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/04/cellphone.spam.reut/
    >
    >P.S. Now we're at 3 no Spam, 2 with spam. Still proves zip.

    Indeed -- you've proved zip -- just found something else to rant about now
    that your other rants have been shown to be utterly silly (just like this new
    one).

  34. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    > In article <Ae%id.892$rx5.728@trnddc06>,
    > "Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote:
    >

    >> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> > Strange, until a month ago it was available online under "My Account".
    >> > Now banked rollover minutes don't show at all on the web.

    You said "banked rollover minutes" see?

    >> Dude, learn how to surf a web page, you look at the column on the left
    >> side of the screen, go to "reports" then go to the drop down menu,
    >> choose "rollover minutes" it shows you a bar graph of the status of
    >> your rollover minutes at the beginning of your current billing cycle. It
    >> has four bars, beginning balance, rollover minutes used, rollover minutes
    >> added, and rollover minutes expired. So now you know, for the SECOND
    >> time I have explained it, quit yer bitchin' and navigate around on the
    >> new
    >> web site, it actually has the same information, in a different format.
    >
    > Dude, learn how to follow a thread. Used to be you could easily
    > accurately track minutes used, at worst a day or two behind, but if you
    > were in your home area were accurate within an hour. Free Mobile to
    > mobile minutes were subtracted from "Daytime Minutes Used". NO LONGER.

    Now you are bitching about minutes used in the current month.
    These are two different questions. I can find "minutes summary"
    in the middle of the very first page after I sign in. now, if i have used
    701 daytime, and i have 800 per month, and 600 in the bank at the
    start of my billing cycle, that means i have 99 min to use until the
    end of my next bill cycle, before i start digging into my bank of
    rollover minutes. Am I the only one who thinks this is pretty
    easy math? Can you not see this on your "my account" page?

    Do you just like to bitch, or what? Here is a list of things that are
    actually a problem. 1-the web site keeps getting taken down,
    2-some reports are not getting any information (data, for me)
    3-customer service will happily give out fake numbers to tech
    assist to get you off the phone(this has happened three times to me)

    Bitch about things that are real, if you must bitch, but to complain that
    information is unavailable, when it is in the FIRST screen that comes
    up after log in is a bit silly, huh?

    Bernard
  35. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    >>Dude, learn how to surf a web page,<<

    Dude, think before you type. I want to know how many rollover minutes I have
    NOW, not how many I had or used during the LAST BILLING CYCLE! We used to be
    able to see that, it's gone now.

    Any more useless input from you?

    --Mike

    "Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote in message

    > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> Strange, until a month ago it was available online under "My Account".
    >> Now banked rollover minutes don't show at all on the web.
    >>

    > Dude, learn how to surf a web page, you look at the column on the left
    > side of the screen, go to "reports" then go to the drop down menu,
    > choose "rollover minutes" it shows you a bar graph of the status of
    > your rollover minutes at the beginning of your current billing cycle. It
    > has four bars, beginning balance, rollover minutes used, rollover minutes
    > added, and rollover minutes expired. So now you know, for the SECOND
    > time I have explained it, quit yer bitchin' and navigate around on the new
    > web site, it actually has the same information, in a different format.
    >
    > Bernard

  36. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    >>>Dude, learn how to surf a web page,<<
    >
    > Dude, think before you type. I want to know how many rollover minutes I
    > have NOW, not how many I had or used during the LAST BILLING CYCLE! We
    > used to be able to see that, it's gone now.
    >
    > Any more useless input from you?

    Am I the only one who can do simple subtraction?
  37. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    | "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    | >
    | > Dude, think before you type. I want to know how many rollover minutes I
    | > have NOW, not how many I had or used during the LAST BILLING CYCLE! We
    | > used to be able to see that, it's gone now.
    | >
    | > Any more useless input from you?
    |
    | Am I the only one who can do simple subtraction?

    LOL looks easy enough to me. I guess it's different in my market though.
    Don't even have to subtract. The rollover is listed on the front page as
    soon as I log on on my account page since the update to the website. The
    very first thing displayed under my name and account number is charges
    summary, then to the right of it is minutes summary including package
    minutes, night and weekend minutes, rollover, and data usage with totals in
    the "available" and "used" columns. I don't have any m2m minutes or I
    presume they would also be there.
  38. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 02:29:18 GMT, "Bernard Farquart"
    <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> said in alt.cellular.cingular:

    >"mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Dude, think before you type. I want to know how many rollover minutes I
    >> have NOW, not how many I had or used during the LAST BILLING CYCLE! We
    >> used to be able to see that, it's gone now.
    >>
    >> Any more useless input from you?
    >
    >Am I the only one who can do simple subtraction?

    I think I detect a case of SAS (short attention span). :)
  39. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Smart ass, I signed up with Cingular in September...there IS NO USAGE YET
    REPORTED FOR ME REGARDING MY ROLLOVER MINUTES. I have nothing to subtract
    from! I want a link (like we used to have) that shows how many minutes we
    have in the rollover bank. It was there once, now it's gone...I want it
    back...is that too much to ask Mr. Mathematician?

    Get a clue DUDE.

    --Mike

    "Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote in message

    > "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Dude, think before you type. I want to know how many rollover minutes I
    >> have NOW, not how many I had or used during the LAST BILLING CYCLE! We
    >> used to be able to see that, it's gone now.
    >>
    >> Any more useless input from you?
    >
    > Am I the only one who can do simple subtraction?

  40. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    > Smart ass, I signed up with Cingular in September...there IS NO USAGE YET
    > REPORTED FOR ME REGARDING MY ROLLOVER MINUTES. I have nothing to subtract
    > from! I want a link (like we used to have) that shows how many minutes we
    > have in the rollover bank. It was there once, now it's gone...I want it
    > back...is that too much to ask Mr. Mathematician?
    >
    > Get a clue DUDE.

    If you just signed up, you don't have any rollover, that would be from
    PREVIOUS months. what, are you ten friggin' years old or something?
  41. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <7Ltjd.6599$6t.5972@trnddc05>,
    "Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote:

    > "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > > Smart ass, I signed up with Cingular in September...there IS NO USAGE YET
    > > REPORTED FOR ME REGARDING MY ROLLOVER MINUTES. I have nothing to subtract
    > > from! I want a link (like we used to have) that shows how many minutes we
    > > have in the rollover bank. It was there once, now it's gone...I want it
    > > back...is that too much to ask Mr. Mathematician?
    > >
    > > Get a clue DUDE.
    >
    > If you just signed up, you don't have any rollover, that would be from
    > PREVIOUS months. what, are you ten friggin' years old or something?

    He;'d have rollover from his first full month if he didnt use his
    allotment. IT NO LONGER IS SHOWN ON THE WEB. It's a perfectly valid
    complaint.
  42. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    > In article <7Ltjd.6599$6t.5972@trnddc05>,
    > "Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote:
    >

    >> "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    >> > Smart ass, I signed up with Cingular in September...there IS NO USAGE
    >> > YET
    >> > REPORTED FOR ME REGARDING MY ROLLOVER MINUTES. I have nothing to
    >> > subtract
    >> > from! I want a link (like we used to have) that shows how many minutes
    >> > we
    >> > have in the rollover bank. It was there once, now it's gone...I want it
    >> > back...is that too much to ask Mr. Mathematician?
    >> >
    >> > Get a clue DUDE.
    >>
    >> If you just signed up, you don't have any rollover, that would be from
    >> PREVIOUS months. what, are you ten friggin' years old or something?
    >
    > He;'d have rollover from his first full month if he didnt use his
    > allotment. IT NO LONGER IS SHOWN ON THE WEB. It's a perfectly valid
    > complaint.

    prev month rollover is under reports, rollover minutes, why
    is it so hard for you two to find?

    Bernard
  43. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    >>If you just signed up, you don't have any rollover, that would be from
    PREVIOUS months. what, are you ten friggin' years old or something?<<

    That would make me twice your age butthead. I have rollover from my first
    month, saw it on the old website. Now comes over a month later, and the
    detail from rollover is gone. Is it not clear to you that all I'd like to
    see is the DETAIL of CURRENT rollover minutes available.

    > "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    >> Smart ass, I signed up with Cingular in September...there IS NO USAGE YET
    >> REPORTED FOR ME REGARDING MY ROLLOVER MINUTES. I have nothing to subtract
    >> from! I want a link (like we used to have) that shows how many minutes we
    >> have in the rollover bank. It was there once, now it's gone...I want it
    >> back...is that too much to ask Mr. Mathematician?
    >>
    >> Get a clue DUDE.
    >
    > If you just signed up, you don't have any rollover, that would be from
    > PREVIOUS months. what, are you ten friggin' years old or something?

  44. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    >>prev month rollover is under reports, rollover minutes, why
    is it so hard for you two to find?<<

    Get your head out of your ass will you? That report only shows HOW MANY
    ROLLOVER MINUTES I HAVE USED!!!! Since I have not used any yet, that report
    is blank. Get it yet bonehead? I want to know how many minutes I HAVE. We
    used to be able to see that, now we can't. Is that so hard for you to
    understand??

    > "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >> In article <7Ltjd.6599$6t.5972@trnddc05>,
    >> "Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>> "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote in message

    >>> If you just signed up, you don't have any rollover, that would be from
    >>> PREVIOUS months. what, are you ten friggin' years old or something?
    >>
    >> He;'d have rollover from his first full month if he didnt use his
    >> allotment. IT NO LONGER IS SHOWN ON THE WEB. It's a perfectly valid
    >> complaint.
    >
    > prev month rollover is under reports, rollover minutes, why
    > is it so hard for you two to find?
    >
    > Bernard

  45. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    | >>prev month rollover is under reports, rollover minutes, why
    | is it so hard for you two to find?<<
    |
    | Get your head out of your ass will you? That report only shows HOW MANY
    | ROLLOVER MINUTES I HAVE USED!!!! Since I have not used any yet, that
    report
    | is blank. Get it yet bonehead? I want to know how many minutes I HAVE. We
    | used to be able to see that, now we can't. Is that so hard for you to
    | understand??

    "We" apparently doesn't encompass all of us. I see it on the first page when
    I log into my account.
  46. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    >>>prev month rollover is under reports, rollover minutes, why
    > is it so hard for you two to find?<<
    >
    > Get your head out of your ass will you? That report only shows HOW MANY
    > ROLLOVER MINUTES I HAVE USED!!!!
    You would be the only one, then....

    Since I have not used any yet, that report
    > is blank. Get it yet bonehead? I want to know how many minutes I HAVE. We
    > used to be able to see that, now we can't. Is that so hard for you to
    > understand??

    Perhaps because the report I have under that heading
    shows me my rollover minutes in the bank, rollover used,
    rollover put in the bank, and rollover expired.

    Are you sure you can read and comprehend english?
    That would explain why you are having trouble with
    the web site, because it is all in english.

    Bernard
  47. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Usage Type Available Used

    Package Minutes 450/225

    Night & Weekend 5000/305

    Long Distance 0/109

    Rollover 1200/0

    Mobile to Mobile unlimited/348

    I dont know about your area but this is what shows up in my area when I log
    in looks a little different on the web page but is basically cut and past
    from the page. also it takes a few extra days into the next month before
    they post how many minutes have been added to my roll over but they do show
    up within a week. also all of this info shows up when I dial *646# and it
    gives the day it is accurate to which is usually the day before but
    sometimes 2 days old I can live with that

    >>>If you just signed up, you don't have any rollover, that would be from
    > PREVIOUS months. what, are you ten friggin' years old or something?<<
    >
    > That would make me twice your age butthead. I have rollover from my first
    > month, saw it on the old website. Now comes over a month later, and the
    > detail from rollover is gone. Is it not clear to you that all I'd like to
    > see is the DETAIL of CURRENT rollover minutes available.

    > --Mike
    >
    > "Bernard Farquart" <bernardfarquart@hotmail.delete.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "mgg" <mike@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    >>> Smart ass, I signed up with Cingular in September...there IS NO USAGE
    >>> YET REPORTED FOR ME REGARDING MY ROLLOVER MINUTES. I have nothing to
    >>> subtract from! I want a link (like we used to have) that shows how many
    >>> minutes we have in the rollover bank. It was there once, now it's
    >>> gone...I want it back...is that too much to ask Mr. Mathematician?
    >>>
    >>> Get a clue DUDE.
    >>
    >> If you just signed up, you don't have any rollover, that would be from
    >> PREVIOUS months. what, are you ten friggin' years old or something?

  48. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <eNudnfTfnvKuyxLcRVn-qA@adelphia.com>,
    "SHAWN MURPHY" <binderhoff@adelphia.net> wrote:

    > Usage Type Available Used
    >
    > Package Minutes 450/225
    >
    > Night & Weekend 5000/305
    >
    > Long Distance 0/109
    >
    > Rollover 1200/0
    >

    > Mobile to Mobile unlimited/348
    >

    > I dont know about your area but this is what shows up in my area when I log
    > in looks a little different on the web page but is basically cut and past
    > from the page. also it takes a few extra days into the next month before
    > they post how many minutes have been added to my roll over but they do show
    > up within a week. also all of this info shows up when I dial *646# and it
    > gives the day it is accurate to which is usually the day before but
    > sometimes 2 days old I can live with that

    Do you by chance have a TDMA account?, since others no longer get ANY
    report on their Mobile to Mobile minutes or Rollover, except by waiting
    on hold and cajoling a CSR, or waiting till they get a monthly invoice.
  49. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    > In article <eNudnfTfnvKuyxLcRVn-qA@adelphia.com>,
    > "SHAWN MURPHY" <binderhoff@adelphia.net> wrote:
    >
    >> Usage Type Available Used
    >>
    >> Package Minutes 450/225
    >>
    >> Night & Weekend 5000/305
    >>
    >> Long Distance 0/109
    >>
    >> Rollover 1200/0
    >>

    >> Mobile to Mobile unlimited/348
    >>

    >> I dont know about your area but this is what shows up in my area when I
    >> log
    >> in looks a little different on the web page but is basically cut and
    >> past
    >> from the page. also it takes a few extra days into the next month
    >> before
    >> they post how many minutes have been added to my roll over but they do
    >> show
    >> up within a week. also all of this info shows up when I dial *646# and
    >> it
    >> gives the day it is accurate to which is usually the day before but
    >> sometimes 2 days old I can live with that
    >

    > Do you by chance have a TDMA account?, since others no longer get ANY
    > report on their Mobile to Mobile minutes or Rollover, except by waiting
    > on hold and cajoling a CSR, or waiting till they get a monthly invoice.

    I get the same info (except for the mobile to mobile, but I just switched
    to a plan with M2M minutes, so they don't apply yet) and I have GSM.

    Bernard

Cingular Internet Service Providers