NOM question

When I eat automatically in Necessities of Morrowind, I
get satisfied and my stats return to normal. But if I
try eating by dropping food on my paper doll, nothing
ever happens (except magical effects from eating the food).
That is, my stats don't return to normal and I am still
labeled as being hungry even if I drop high quality food
on my paper doll. Is this normal for NOM, or is it
perhaps interference from the abundance of other mods
I'm running that affect ingredients (Advanced Herbalism,
Sri's Alchemy-Bloodmoon, The Wilderness Mod, to name 3)?
The same with water, dropping water-laden items on my
paper doll has no effect, but automatic drinking works ok.

DeAnn wrote:

> When I eat automatically in Necessities of Morrowind, I
> get satisfied and my stats return to normal. But if I
> try eating by dropping food on my paper doll, nothing
> ever happens (except magical effects from eating the food).

NOM-eating only happens automatically twice a day. If you drop food on
your paper doll, this is not NOM-eating, it is just the vanilla
ingredient eating which has no effect on NOM hunger. This is not a bug,
it's like NOM eating works.
I am not sure if it was done this way because of scripting language
limitation or to avoid nasty incompatibilities with other popular
alchemy mods. My bet would be the latter; the only way I can imagine to
make NOM aware of drag&drop ingredient eating would break other mods,
but I'm no expert on this so might be talking nonsense now. Ultimately
you'd need to ask the author.

Peter

Latest posts