WinXP Print Server setup

In the printer control panel's Port tab, there are two options, "Enable
bidirectional support" and "Enable printer pooling." Should I turn them
on or leave them off. I am using a print server and one printer is Epson
R200 and another is a Brother 9700. The Brother 9700 has the
bidirectional support option greyed out already. I once had the
bidirectional support on (default?) for the R200 and somehow the printer
ejected the page 3/4 of the way. I currently turned the feature off and
printed one photo without any trouble. Due to the high cost of printing
on the R200, I am not too eager to experiment myself so if someone can
tell me exactly what these two options do, that would be great. Thanks.

In article <fZkxe.14782$pa3.7380@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
someone@somewhere.net says...
> In the printer control panel's Port tab, there are two options, "Enable
> bidirectional support" and "Enable printer pooling." Should I turn them
> on or leave them off. I am using a print server and one printer is Epson
> R200 and another is a Brother 9700. The Brother 9700 has the
> bidirectional support option greyed out already. I once had the
> bidirectional support on (default?) for the R200 and somehow the printer
> ejected the page 3/4 of the way. I currently turned the feature off and
> printed one photo without any trouble. Due to the high cost of printing
> on the R200, I am not too eager to experiment myself so if someone can
> tell me exactly what these two options do, that would be great. Thanks.

I think the bidirectional support is really only for parallel port
printers. And that support probably depends on the driver used. It
should typically be greyed out, or is useless, for networked or USB
printers.

Printer pooling is if you have 2 or more IDENTICAL printers. It lets
you use a single 'Windows printer', but printing will be shared between
the multiple printers.

Find details here:
http://www.google.com/search?&q=windows+printer+pooling

law!!