ike

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2003

Every time I boot up, the system doesnt get to the sign on screen. Instead,
it simply begins to reboot yet again(!). I tried booting up in Safe mode
even, after selecting it at the menu, but, rather than coming up in safe
mode - it STILL goes back into reboot!

Anyone have any idea what might cause / remedy this mess ? Thanks, Ike

Hi

Try 'Last Known Good Configuration' - same screen as Safe Mode. If that
doesn't remedy the problem, you'll have to look towards a 'Repair' install
of XP. The following article by Michael Stevens will help you - dependent
on the type of XP CD you have:

"How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install"

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"Ike" <rxv@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Every time I boot up, the system doesnt get to the sign on screen.
> Instead,
> it simply begins to reboot yet again(!). I tried booting up in Safe mode
> even, after selecting it at the menu, but, rather than coming up in safe
> mode - it STILL goes back into reboot!
>
> Anyone have any idea what might cause / remedy this mess ? Thanks, Ike

qwerty

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2002

Had the same problem recently. The only way I could get past the "F8" screen
was to boot from CD and reload Windows. All the logins, drivers, programs
etc stayed. Still can't think what caused it.