continual restart

Every time I boot up, the system doesnt get to the sign on screen. Instead,
it simply begins to reboot yet again(!). I tried booting up in Safe mode
even, after selecting it at the menu, but, rather than coming up in safe
mode - it STILL goes back into reboot!

Anyone have any idea what might cause / remedy this mess ? Thanks, Ike
2 answers Last reply
More about continual restart

    Hi

    Try 'Last Known Good Configuration' - same screen as Safe Mode. If that
    doesn't remedy the problem, you'll have to look towards a 'Repair' install
    of XP. The following article by Michael Stevens will help you - dependent
    on the type of XP CD you have:

    "How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install"

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "Ike" <rxv@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Every time I boot up, the system doesnt get to the sign on screen.
    > Instead,
    > it simply begins to reboot yet again(!). I tried booting up in Safe mode
    > even, after selecting it at the menu, but, rather than coming up in safe
    > mode - it STILL goes back into reboot!
    >
    > Anyone have any idea what might cause / remedy this mess ? Thanks, Ike

    Had the same problem recently. The only way I could get past the "F8" screen
    was to boot from CD and reload Windows. All the logins, drivers, programs
    etc stayed. Still can't think what caused it.

    "Ike" <rxv@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Every time I boot up, the system doesnt get to the sign on screen.
    > Instead,
    > it simply begins to reboot yet again(!). I tried booting up in Safe mode
    > even, after selecting it at the menu, but, rather than coming up in safe
    > mode - it STILL goes back into reboot!
    >
    > Anyone have any idea what might cause / remedy this mess ? Thanks, Ike

Boot Microsoft Windows XP