Win2k server DNS default IP

matt

Does anyone know how to add a default IP to a win2k DNS
server so that anything.sub.domain.com resolves to the
same address ?

Thanks

In news:08e701c4a147$ae748bc0$a301280a@phx.gbl,
Matt <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> commented
Then Kevin replied below:
> Does anyone know how to add a default IP to a win2k DNS
> server so that anything.sub.domain.com resolves to the
> same address ?
>
> Thanks

This requires a wildcard record, Microsoft obviously made it difficult to
create a wildcard record in the DNS console. The way you do it is in the
sub.domain.com domain, create a New Domain, name that domain * , open the *
domain then right click select new host, leave the name field blank, give it
the IP you want it to resolve to, then click create and OK when it barks at
you saying (same as parent folder) is not a valid host name.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

matt

Excellent, thanks for that Kevin, worked a treat