problem with DNS

Hello All,
I have deployed and additional AD at a branch site. Also deployed AD
integrated DNS.
Now when i do a NSlookup on the server (and client XP stations), I receive
the correct default server the first time then immediately typing another
nslookup the same default server except slightly mispelled.
For example,

c:\nslookup
default server:delta1.library.com
IP address:146.95.233.153
c:\nslookup
default server:delta1.librariy.com
IP address:146.95.233.153

I am wondering if this is the problem for why my client are unable to obtain
GPO info (event id 1054). The clients are all pointing to the above DNS and
are able to resolve to the internet and well as running ping -a commands.
Anyway to resolve this?
Also I am receiving additional FRS event errors but I am aware of the
firewall issues causing this.
BTW, all client are also on the 233 subnet.
TIA,
Altria

"Altria" <altria92@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
> I have deployed and additional AD at a branch site. Also deployed AD
> integrated DNS.
> Now when i do a NSlookup on the server (and client XP stations), I receive
> the correct default server the first time then immediately typing another
> nslookup the same default server except slightly mispelled.
> For example,
>
> c:\nslookup
> default server:delta1.library.com
> IP address:146.95.233.153
> c:\nslookup
> default server:delta1.librariy.com
> IP address:146.95.233.153
>
> I am wondering if this is the problem for why my client are unable to
obtain
> GPO info (event id 1054). The clients are all pointing to the above DNS
and
> are able to resolve to the internet and well as running ping -a commands.

Probably not -- that apprears to be ANOTHER form of the
infamous "NSlookup reverse the DNS server" problem.

> Anyway to resolve this?

IF so, it is strictly a DNS problem and can likely be resolved
by removing the delta1.librariy.com from your REVERSE
zone (perhaps your server also has a typo in it's name or on
one of it's NICs IP\Advanced\DNS settings.)

> Also I am receiving additional FRS event errors but I am aware of the
> firewall issues causing this.
> BTW, all client are also on the 233 subnet.

You should run DCDiag on all/each DC and make sure to
fix all errors.

If you have a firewall blocking FRS that WILL account for
the GPO problems (GPOs are in SysVol and transferred by
FRS among DCs.)

Also, note that you CAN have authentication and replication
errors/problems if you FORWARD lookup zones are not
correct.

--
Herb Martin