Am I Getting to Much Motherboard For Myself?

DragonXI

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
I am wondering - I dont really think i plan to overclock my system (i never done it before) -- so i am wondering is there still benefit to purchasing a high end motherboard such as: INTEL 975X, ASUS P5W-DH Deluxe And ASUS P5B Deluxe -- intead of a cheaper motherboard around a $100 less.

I have been leaning towards one of those 3 for about 3 weeks now...recently abit on the ASUS P5B Deluxe side.....but i dont know if maybe I am over buying a motherboard for myself, since this is the first motherboard purchase.

I plan on using my system mainly for heavy Multitasking, Heavy photoshop/Multimedia use & some Gaming.

Also, What do you think of the ASUS P5B Deluxe? - I know the P5W-DH & INTEL 975X have a slight advantage, but can future BIOS updates Change that?

Any insight i would greatly appreciate. Thanks

t53186

Distinguished
I only have ezperience with the 975XBX, so...Don't settle for anything else thab top of the line. I do mosty CAD, Graphics, and technical writing and would not trade the intel for anything. Bios updates are regulary published, when needed, like C2D support. Can't go wrong with 4 sata I and 4 sata II channels for raid and all other storage. I could go on and on, but you can never go wrong wit geting too much motherboard.