Closed

Need username/password for Hawking HPS1U Web interface

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 2, 2005 5:25:19 AM

Archived from groups: comp.os.linux.misc,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.mac.printing (More info?)

I've hooked up my printer on the network using a Hawking HPS1U
Ethernet-to-USB print server, and I can successfully print to the
printer. But I don't know the username/password combination for the
HPS1U's built-in Web server, so I can't change its configuration
through its Web interface. (I can view status through the Web
interface, I just can't change anything.) The docs are not very
helpful.

(BTW, I'm doing this from Linux, so I can't use the Windows-only admin
software.)
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 11:36:34 PM

Archived from groups: comp.os.linux.misc,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.mac.printing (More info?)

It may be admin no password that's what it is on one of their
wireless routers

If it's been changed, perhaps do a reset on the unit and then login as
admin - no password.

vmontressor@yahoo.com wrote:
> I've hooked up my printer on the network using a Hawking HPS1U
> Ethernet-to-USB print server, and I can successfully print to the
> printer. But I don't know the username/password combination for the
> HPS1U's built-in Web server, so I can't change its configuration
> through its Web interface. (I can view status through the Web
> interface, I just can't change anything.) The docs are not very
> helpful.
>
> (BTW, I'm doing this from Linux, so I can't use the Windows-only admin
> software.)

Anonymous
October 19, 2010 9:00:37 PM

Similar problem here. Just noting that there is no reset button. Will update with a work around if I can find one.
October 25, 2010 11:11:37 PM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!