Closed

Need username/password for Hawking HPS1U Web interface

Archived from groups: comp.os.linux.misc,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.mac.printing (More info?)

I've hooked up my printer on the network using a Hawking HPS1U
Ethernet-to-USB print server, and I can successfully print to the
printer. But I don't know the username/password combination for the
HPS1U's built-in Web server, so I can't change its configuration
through its Web interface. (I can view status through the Web
interface, I just can't change anything.) The docs are not very
helpful.

(BTW, I'm doing this from Linux, so I can't use the Windows-only admin
software.)
3 answers Last reply
More about need username password hawking hps1u interface
  1. Archived from groups: comp.os.linux.misc,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.mac.printing (More info?)

    It may be admin no password that's what it is on one of their
    wireless routers

    If it's been changed, perhaps do a reset on the unit and then login as
    admin - no password.

    vmontressor@yahoo.com wrote:
    > I've hooked up my printer on the network using a Hawking HPS1U
    > Ethernet-to-USB print server, and I can successfully print to the
    > printer. But I don't know the username/password combination for the
    > HPS1U's built-in Web server, so I can't change its configuration
    > through its Web interface. (I can view status through the Web
    > interface, I just can't change anything.) The docs are not very
    > helpful.
    >
    > (BTW, I'm doing this from Linux, so I can't use the Windows-only admin
    > software.)

  2. Similar problem here. Just noting that there is no reset button. Will update with a work around if I can find one.
  3. This topic has been closed by Buwish

Printers Linux Peripherals