DNS Question.

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

Hi,

We have our DNS Server setup and it works fine on
domain.com and we have created a new sub domain with our
ISP for our investor website, investors.domain.com.

The idea being that when we show investors the website in
house we can just type into the browser
investors.domain.com.

Cheers

Ray

In news:365901c4a543$b32cdc30$a301280a@phx.gbl,
ray <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> commented
Then Kevin replied below:
> Hi,
>
> We have our DNS Server setup and it works fine on
> domain.com and we have created a new sub domain with our
> ISP for our investor website, investors.domain.com.
>
> The idea being that when we show investors the website in
> house we can just type into the browser
> investors.domain.com.

Create a new Forward Lookup Zone named investors.domain.com then create a
new host in the zone, leave the name field blank, and give it the internal
IP of the web server with that site on it.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]