3 quick bloodmoon questions

1) Where is Fjell cave? I found a bloody note on a corpse that said that
there was loot there.

2) I found a single blossom of wolfbane. What's it good for? Is it
quest related?

3) I found a couple of pieces of "heartwood". Again, what's it for?

The last two look like they can be used like any common ingedient for
alchemy, but they are so rare that I thought they might have a unique
purpose.

I already did most of the BM quests, and never had a need for any of
these, therefore, my curiosity.

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:50:31 -0500, ToolPackinMama
<laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

> 1) Where is Fjell cave? I found a bloody note on a corpse that said that
> there was loot there.

It is located northeast of Ulfgar's dwelling. Have a look at this map:
http://www.uhs-hints.com/uhsweb/hints/bloodmn/21.php
Fjell is number 36.

> 2) I found a single blossom of wolfbane. What's it good for? Is it
> quest related?

Yes, it is part of the werewolf removal ritual.

Björn

Bjoern Liffers wrote:

Thanks very much!

I also found a lantern called the Watchman's eye. It looks like an
ordinary travel lantern, but for some reason it's worth 500 clams.
What's up with that?

ToolPackinMama wrote:
> Bjoern Liffers wrote:
>
> Thanks very much!
>
> I also found a lantern called the Watchman's eye. It looks like an
> ordinary travel lantern, but for some reason it's worth 500 clams.
> What's up with that?

I believe that's the lone Watchman's latern. You know.. the guy who was
cursed with eternal awakeness. I forget where you get the latern but I
remembered receiving it somehow after I had cured him of his magical
insomnia.

--
best regards, mat
np: [winamp not running]

www.pdxshows.net

Vader des Vaderlands wrote:
> ToolPackinMama wrote:
>
>> Bjoern Liffers wrote:
>>
>> Thanks very much!
>>
>> I also found a lantern called the Watchman's eye. It looks like an
>> ordinary travel lantern, but for some reason it's worth 500 clams.
>> What's up with that?
>

> I believe that's the lone Watchman's latern. You know.. the guy who was
> cursed with eternal awakeness. I forget where you get the latern but I
> remembered receiving it somehow after I had cured him of his magical
> insomnia.

Nooo... I found it on a shipwrek. It has nothing to do with Thormor's
quest.

well the construction set has it as a normal everyday(if a bit overpriced)
lantern with one exception: It's the third longest lasting lantern of the
game.
only two others are longer. the paper lantern lasts twice as long as
watchmans. and the pilgrim's lantern is filled with a dozen 9's in its time
variable so i assume its about as close to infinite as you can get in this
game. (although with the time i put into this game, if i got the lantern in
the beginning it might be running out soon :) )

also to those who may know, when you put a light source away does that pause
the time limit on the light or does it continue to run down in your pack?
"ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message
> Bjoern Liffers wrote:
>
> Thanks very much!
>
> I also found a lantern called the Watchman's eye. It looks like an
> ordinary travel lantern, but for some reason it's worth 500 clams.
> What's up with that?

a follow up. why its more valuable than pilgrims(100g) is beyond me. maybe
to keep people from seeing the true value of an infinite light source. (hey
this one is worth 500 it MUST be better...heheh)

or simply because there are 2 pilgrims and only 1 watchmans ( worth more the
rarier)

Andrew E. Wiggin wrote:
> a follow up. why its more valuable than pilgrims(100g) is beyond me. maybe
> to keep people from seeing the true value of an infinite light source. (hey
> this one is worth 500 it MUST be better...heheh)
>
> or simply because there are 2 pilgrims and only 1 watchmans ( worth more the
> rarier)

I never use lanterns or torches. I just use night-eye. One of the
first enchantments I always create is a night-eye item.

ToolPackinMama wrote:
> Vader des Vaderlands wrote:
>
>> ToolPackinMama wrote:
>>
>>> Bjoern Liffers wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks very much!
>>>
>>> I also found a lantern called the Watchman's eye. It looks like an
>>> ordinary travel lantern, but for some reason it's worth 500 clams.
>>> What's up with that?
>>

>> I believe that's the lone Watchman's latern. You know.. the guy who
>> was cursed with eternal awakeness. I forget where you get the latern
>> but I remembered receiving it somehow after I had cured him of his
>> magical insomnia.
>

> Nooo... I found it on a shipwrek. It has nothing to do with Thormor's
> quest.

Ohhhh. In my mind I contected it to Thormoor as I believed it to be the
ship that he had crashed when he fell asleep and the only other
surviving crew member was Geilir the Mumbling who cursed him as a
result.. It might have been a bit presumptious on my part but that's
how I related it to him although it was incorrect on my part to relate
it to his particular quest.

--
best regards, mat
np: [winamp not running]