dns server error

hello dear

i am facing a problem in my windows 2000 network. i was
having 3 servers, one was pdc and another 2 was bdc. first
i transfered the all 5 roles of pdc to one bdc, but after
that i started to face problem with domain controller
security policy,i was not able to open this. so i again
removed the role from bdc and transfered it to the
original pdc.but the replication is not working and other
bdc and exchange server is not able to locate the global
catalog. i can create user account on pdc, but i am not
able to create mail box on exchange server, during cration
it is giving following error

error updating attributes
the domain controller for specified domain is not
available or cann't be contacted.

My dns server which is running on pdc is missing srv
records ,namely _msdcs,_tcp,_ldap,_udp.how can i get these
srv records back.

thanks
shamim

In news:00c601c4a63d$ea704a60$a301280a@phx.gbl,
shamim <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> commented
Then Kevin replied below:
> hello dear
>
> i am facing a problem in my windows 2000 network. i was
> having 3 servers, one was pdc and another 2 was bdc. first
> i transfered the all 5 roles of pdc to one bdc, but after
> that i started to face problem with domain controller
> security policy,i was not able to open this. so i again
> removed the role from bdc and transfered it to the
> original pdc.but the replication is not working and other
> bdc and exchange server is not able to locate the global
> catalog. i can create user account on pdc, but i am not
> able to create mail box on exchange server, during cration
> it is giving following error
>
> error updating attributes
> the domain controller for specified domain is not
> available or cann't be contacted.
>
> My dns server which is running on pdc is missing srv
> records ,namely _msdcs,_tcp,_ldap,_udp.how can i get these
> srv records back.

Post an ipconfig /all it could be any one of several problems, your ipconfig
/all will get us started diagnosing this.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]