Alchemy-related mods question

I've tried running The Wilderness Mod, Necessities of Morrowind,
Sri's alchemy (version BM and version 1,separately), and Advanced
Herbalists together. Now, from the readmes, I think NOM is compatible
with Sri's and Advance Herbalist is with SRI's (if AH is closer to the
bottome of the list). But I kept having difficulites with NOM not
autoeating food. I've since removed SRI's and NOM, and think I have
identified it not as a true incompatibility, but as a confusion to the
player. Specifically,
TWM adds a lot of ingredients that look very like NOM ingredients Ham
that weights 1.5 instead of 3.0, cooked chicken legs, and so forth.
So, I think what was happening was that there were a lot of things that
looked edible (even "generic but colored kwama eggs") that were not
counted by NOM as edible. If so, the mods might be compatible,
provided the player knew which chicken legs, which beef, etc he had
that applied to NOM. Also, TWM might have been made for the complete
Morrowind--which I have not tried.

I love TWM, and intend to keep it nomatter what. Hmm, but I
would like to try NOM (just don't want to starve to death with an
inventory full of food). Has anyone sorted this out? Does anyone have
useful info here?

Thanks, Peter. This is sort of what I thought might be going on.
Maybe I'll try NOM again once I get more familiar with TWM's
ingredients (and can tell a Ham from a Ham).

On Sri's alchemy....I'm a bit leary of his deleting the recurring
part of alchemists ingredients. I usually don't use trainers, and
so depend on using skills to increase them. Have you found
this an issue with Sri's changes? (A shortage of ingredients)