Event ID 1008

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hello - my Event Log (Application log) is showing the
following error repeating constantly...

Source = perflib
Event ID 1008
The Open Procedure for service "DNS" in
DLL "C:\WINNT\system32\dnsperf.dll" failed.
Performance data for this service will not be available.
Status code returned is data DWORD 0.

Has anyone any idea what may be causing this error?

Thanks
John

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

I understand that the system records Event ID 1008 in the event log.

Please perform these steps:

1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, and then click
Command Prompt.
2. At the command prompt type the following commands (and press ENTER after
each command line):

CD %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32
UNLODCTR DNSPERF.INI
LODCTR DNSPERF.INI

NOTE: DNS service must be running for the performance counters to be
available.

Recommended articles:

System Monitor Is Missing in the DNS Counters and Event ID 3009 Is Logged
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304541

I hope the above information helps to resolve your issue. If there is
anything unclear, please feel free to let me know. Thank you and have a
nice day!

Rashmi

--------------------
| From: "John" <john.1.west@britishairways.com>
| Sender: "John" <john.1.west@britishairways.com>
| Subject: Event ID 1008
| Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 07:16:05 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns
|
| Hello - my Event Log (Application log) is showing the
| following error repeating constantly...
|
| Source = perflib
| Event ID 1008
| The Open Procedure for service "DNS" in
| DLL "C:\WINNT\system32\dnsperf.dll" failed.
| Performance data for this service will not be available.
| Status code returned is data DWORD 0.
|
| Has anyone any idea what may be causing this error?
|
| Thanks
| John

Hi John

Take a look at:

304541 System Monitor Is Missing in the DNS Counters and Event ID 3009 Is
Logged
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=304541

Kind regards
--